Sign in to follow this  
Ismahan

Top 10 excuses of Muslim Women who don't wear Islamic Hijaab!

Originally posted by The Rendezvous:

quote:

Secondly, It will be BAD for someone to wear a Hijaab which is a symbol for a muslim lady
and then found in a club..drinking ...in Prostitution...and so on
.. That is Just Killing Hijaaaaaaaaab...
Sorry but I have to let you know that clubing doesn't mean drinking which doesn't mean Prostitution. You put them one after the other like it was a logical path :confused: .

For prostitution, world's oldest profession is bad for everyone whether the person wears the hijaab or not.

Azmaya   

Salamz

Why would hijabi go to club in first place, never heard of such thing.

Prepared to be bored with my rambling :D

Every girl/woman has her opinions on why she chooses to wear hijab or not. I have lived both sides of this story. When we came to this country I was only four years old, and I started kindergarten in public school with little hijab on. My parents never told me the significance or the meaning on why I had to wear hijab-I just did and I never questioned it. Although the kidz at my school were little afraid at first since I was different, with my personality and friendliness I quickly won over many friends. I played sports, and was tomboy, and hung out with many different people, they saw me after they got to know me and looked past at this cloth on my head.

However as I got older and entered junior high, things started to change. My tomboy days were gone, I started wearing the tight jeans, v-neck shirts, u know the clothes other girlz at school had on, and of course I still had hijab-but the in style hijab that matches all the outfits,-nothing was Islamic about it. I and everyone was admiring my beauty. Why I still had hijab on, or the meaning of hijab I still didn’t know. Even with this hijab, I was still treated like the other girlz.

I ended up throwing away hijab start of ninth grade- high school the most important years of your life so we thought. And O the attention from the boys was the best, I thought I was the sht. To look good cost money too, mama’s money. All those clothes, shoes, jewels, makeup, and self-absorption I had, my goodness. And the insecurities, constantly on the mirror, always trying to outdo the other chick was work too. I was constantly invited to dates, parties, football games-more opportunities to lead me to haram and harm.

Anyway for some reason although with all the popularity and everything at school, I felt empty. We all know at high school yrs all that matters is friends and popularity. The summer after junior year I began to study Islam rigorously. Slowly iman began to enter my heart. Notice-Iman first. I began to bring Islam back in my life. Then came hijab, was it difficult to put it on-no not this time because I finally knew what it meant now. I stopped wearing the hip huggers, tight shirts, revealing clothes. Put on Islamic attire with hijab. What was surprising to me was, this was more then clothes it was attitude change not just from me but those around me. Hijab and its ideals (Islam) gave me self-respect, worth, true beauty, confidence, strength, gone were the insecurities, pettiness, selfishness I had before. I felt like greater person, a whole no longer empty. My Islam gave me better purpose in life, that this was greater then me, I no longer needed the attention of guys or to outdo other girls, my mission was greater then this. With hijab I received much respect from people especially the boys, they never even dared to say curse words around me or to speak to me or about me in negative way as they did about the other girls. I was save from the constant requests for dates or parties which can led one to haram, as many girlz in my high school went through getting pregnant, boyfriend sleeping with them, next week with other chick-O how Islam has given me Honor. Hijab made me a phenomenal woman, it is my power my strength, and I thank Allah for Islam.

I can’t overemphasis the importance of Iman, with Iman nothing is difficult. Hijab is our badge just like policeman’s badge it will serve its purpose-RESPECT, PROTECTION.

Sorry guys I rambled, I couldn't stop myself. Peace and Luv

Johnny B   

Bro Nur, firstly i´d like to thank you for the swift remark of me beeing ' a good debator' , it might elevate my forum status in the eyes of E-Nuri subscribers ;) , but i have to immediately express my slight disappointment in your post.

Assuming that you´ve understood my point of contention, you´ve deliberately and intentionally lowered the rib of the subject matter and the rule of engagement to a personal level , a mud-wrestling level if u like ,where engaging you would symbolize two naked bulls fighting in an arena of intelligent females. and you seem to have forgotten that the wrapped girls/women spectators would have enjoyed your pant-pulling or my tearing of your 'khamiis'( learned it from Northrener) just as much as the normally dressed girls/women would. with this i´m trying to make you realize the other part of the 'hijab' equation, given that we share the basic view of men and women beeing equal human beeings with equal rights that only differ in gender.

Bro Nur, you so willingly admit that you as a Muslim regard ' Hijab' as a functional means of safeguarding girls/women from the untrammeled sexual impulses of men ( like me and you ;) ), but you´re not admitting that it is your duty as man/Muslim to control your desires,thus, put the responsibility on others (girls/women) not to tempt you rather than putting it on yourself,and not react to possible temptations, hence , as our most ardent SOL-Mullah i find your work patchy at best.

No matter how many layers you put on girls/women they´ll always remain human beeings and the risk of men getting less tempted becouse of the number of layers you put on girls/women will always remain minimal,( it was on this very forum where i for the first time heard how covered girls turn some 'wadads' on ) unless Muslim men realize that it is NOT the girl/women´s fault to have born girl/women and womanhood is under no circumstance to blame.

I maybe islamically ignorant but as a Somali i´m what you call a cultural relativist,

This cultural attitude of blaming women for men´s impurity belies a fairly unevolved set of manners and wavering mores in a culture of far-off desert places (not Somali , mind you) , and if you insist it beeing Muslim manners and Mores then so be it ,that only reflects the culturally entrenched repression and abuse of women in Arabic/Muslim societies today.

In my Somali culture , it is simple , ' you can see but you can´t touch ' is engraved in my way of thinking and never do i blame girls/women for beeing girl/woman (read : great).

To explain why Hijab covers your thoughts of yourselves as well as your form/figure ,i´d say, when a girl/woman is lured to think and beleive that it is her duty to disfigure her natural female beauty becouse men get distracted and get impure thoughts, her women rights are violated , a violation that doesen´t extend to the male sphere. Men like bro Nur wanna see to it that no more evil happens, but not by controlling themselves, but by controlling Women.

Strange as it may seem,the right to wear slacks ,short skirts 'idiracs' or 'guntinos' is actually part and parcel of the right of women to be fully equal members of society. it represents their ability to be seen on their own terms, rather than allowing men to determine how women should be viewed.

Last but not least , they´re not less pious for not disfiguring themselves as u have admitted in your scenario.

It´s nice to have made it clear that Modesty is not wrapping yourself with 10 meters long garment. :D

Thepoint , am sorry , am not having that kind of discussion !!

Lake   

Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

I wear hijab. It might not be on my head, but it sure is in my heart.

LMAO..hands down the best excuse I have heard for not wearing hijab

the nerve

Lake   

Originally posted by Nur:

DA

since the inner self is very important and is in Allah's domain of knowledge, then it follows that you must have a inner self reason that exempts you from this outwardly Hijab requirement with such confidence. Is that the case sister?

Nur

LOL so witty

killing her Silencely

Originally posted by Pretty Tone:

quote:Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

I wear hijab. It might not be on my head, but it sure is in my heart.

LMAO..hands down the best excuse I have heard for not wearing hijab

the nerve
Uhmm, I havent stated a reason why, even though Nur tried to come to his own conclusion, so I dont understand what you mean by excuse.

Nur   

Johnny bro.

First of all I thank you for a much thoughtful and well structured, provocative response. As long as our intention is to do good on earth, I believe, we shall merge one day, and from my perspective, I will pray for Allah SWT to give you the knowledge in islam that you have humbly admitted to lack, which is in its own merit , a laudible character trait.

You write:

" but i have to immediately express my slight disappointment in your post."

Ansewer: It goes without saying that I have composed under disppointment too.

Let us get over with the rules of engagement issue, what you post in a public forum is not personal, as a Muslim, I would never use a personal info to discredit a debator, its simply Haraam, what you place on the web though, is seen by millions, its public record, can be used and more than likely will be used.

Johnny Bro.

This is an Islam page forum for the Somali community, worldwide, you've said that you are a cultural activist with limited knowledge in Islam. You also claim that you find my eNuri works to be patchy at best according to your standards, which is a great remark as eNuri is always striving to fill those patches with valuable knowledge about Islam, but to some Nomads like you, the patches may be due to missing links in your islamic education or upbringing, or it may well be a valid remarkf for which I thank you for it, at any rate, when we discuss Islamic issues like the Hijab, unless one is not a Muslim, we should use Islamic sources to either validate our points, or rebut a debators claim, that way, we all learn from the discussion.

Now, Allow me to use the publicly available info on your screen name to shed light on this discusion, first, you seem to be a proud Somali, which is great, Somalis are predominantly Muslims, so it would serve your cause as cultural activist to pick a more Somali sounding name, Johnny-come-lately , sounds more American, and a non Muslim to my ear, the second observation, I advice you as a saaxib, to remove the word CHICKS, CHICKS,CHICKS from you info page intersts, its not a joke, it will discredit your good intentions, cuz when people click on your screen name page, thats what they see, its not personal, its public statement you placed for your audinece that I have even rechecked before posting this response, to be fair. ( by the way I have old friends/relatives in Sweden I grew up with, and they are identical with you in their thought pattern, lets take that up later)

You write:

Bro Nur, you so willingly admit that you as a Muslim regard ' Hijab' as a functional means of safeguarding girls/women from the untrammeled sexual impulses of men ( like me and you ),

Answer:

Bravo, JB, ( Like me and You!), I have to admit that we share that interest, ( Men who dont like them shouild see a Doctor) , but how we go about it, is where we part ways. If I like a Halimo, I would approach her dad or brother, or her head of Qabeel, offer 100 camels for her hand, to show how much I value her, that is by the book, the Holy Quraan ( Fa ankixuuhunna bi idhni ahlihinna), as for you, your options are wide open Now, but, not later, next life, in contrast, as a Muslim I believe that my options are wide open later if I limit them now with Allah's commandments ( please read my post : http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001095#000000 )

You write:

but you´re not admitting that it is your duty as man/Muslim to control your desires,thus, put the responsibility on others (girls/women) not to tempt you rather than putting it on yourself,and not react to possible temptations, hence , as our most ardent SOL-Mullah i find your work patchy at best.

Saaxib, Where do you get the idea that I dont? please read this work, which was meant to be a prelude to a detailed article for men to control their hormones. http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001671

You write:

No matter how many layers you put on girls/women they´ll always remain human beeings and the risk of men getting less tempted becouse of the number of layers you put on girls/women will always remain minimal,( it was on this very forum where i for the first time heard how covered girls turn some 'wadads' on ) unless Muslim men realize that it is NOT the girl/women´s fault to have born girl/women and womanhood is under no circumstance to blame.

Johnny bro:

Loool, Saaxib, I have to admit that some Hijabis can cause road havoc for unrestrained wandering eyes looking for some peaceful sights and a resting place, if a Hijabi is the only choice of a woman a Muslim man has, she can turn more than a wadaads interest, she can turn on our pride in their resolve and stark message of purity and simplicity, making such a statment in defiance to conventional wsidom and accpted dress code to express their individuality and femininity in a MODEST way, Their bodies are only their's and some Mahrams business.

You write:

and if you insist it beeing Muslim manners and Mores then so be it ,that only reflects the culturally entrenched repression and abuse of women in Arabic/Muslim societies today, In my Somali culture , it is simple , ' you can see but you can´t touch ' is engraved in my way of thinking and never do i blame girls/women for beeing girl/woman (read : great).

Johnny bro.

Saaxib: I am not insisting, its not about opinions, its about adhereing to a code of life called Islam, the only room we have is to best interpret what the commandment means, the commandment is from a Sovereign, and its one way, HIS WAY ONLY. I hope you dont mean that ALLAH who sent down the Hijab commandment is blaming women/girls for being Females or women? I hope not.

You write:

To explain why Hijab covers your thoughts of yourselves as well as your form/figure ,i´d say, when a girl/woman is lured to think and beleive that it is her duty to disfigure her natural female beauty becouse men get distracted and get impure thoughts, her women rights are violated , a violation that doesen´t extend to the male sphere. Men like bro Nur wanna see to it that no more evil happens, but not by controlling themselves, but by controlling Women.

Saaxib:

Intersting Keywords: LURED, DISFIGURE, DISTRACTED, IMPURE,

WOMENS RIGHTS.

Who is luring these Hijabi women saaxib? Allah or Mad-Mullahs like NUR and Company? So, by covering up her contours, she is DISFIGURING her natural beauty? which according to Johnny should be displayed in public? How much of that beauty should be exposed for public view saaxib? I am sure that the line must be drawn somewhere, from NUDITY, to what you call TENT, and in between like a transparent intimate DIRAC. Whichever way you slice it, we refer back at what Allah ordained, if indeed you beleive in Allah and the last day of judgement ( If you dont please ignore this statement)

And who issue womens rights? Allah or Cofee Anan? which set of rights does Johnny adhere to? please be frank, it will help clarify your stand on these issues. Besides are you accusing Islam for saying women are IMPURE thus they should be covered up? what a waste for such a brilliant mind like yours when limited to a western point of view, please join eNuri, we want to eradicate evil, injustice, decadence, we have been on both sides of the fence, but now, we are Proud Muslims, Tolerant of others views, creatively nonviolent, not apologetic for our beliefs, and lovin it ( eNuri is remotely controlled by Quran and Sunnah, by CHOICE)

You write:

Strange as it may seem,the right to wear slacks ,short skirts 'idiracs' or 'guntinos' is actually part and parcel of the right of women to be fully equal members of society. it represents their ability to be seen on their own terms, rather than allowing men to determine how women should be viewed.

Saaxib

Where in Coffe Anans Declaration of womens rights you read that women have the right to wear Tight Jeans? is it his business? or the business of any mortal for the matter? A woman has to answer to her maker ONLY, not to Coffe Anan. And I beg to disagree with your statement that women are equal to men, what a wrong quantity to measure against an ambiguous standard? I claim that Women are NOT equal to men:

1. When it comes to responsibilities, Women do more work, much better than men, women do not cheat in business, they have more patience to raise kids than men, they outperform boys in the first 12 grades in school, they getg paid less ofr doing more and are not appreciated in the west as they deserve, the most transparent, best run country in the world is run by women, Finland, is an example of women power if allowed, when you add Islam to their trophies, they will be like Queen Sheba of Yemen.

2. Superiority: Women are more superior, ask me of my Mother, she is three times as important as my DAD according to Hadeeth of Prophet Muhammad SAWS.

3. Islam sees a woman as a complementarey to a man, not a competitive to him, (like we Somalis say, You will never catch up with the Warsame, if his wife is better than yours) men are the intimate clothes of women , while women are the intimate clothes of men, its in Quraan and its so nice, dont you agree saaxib?

You write:

Last but not least , they´re not less pious for not disfiguring themselves as u have admitted in your scenario.

Saaxib, dont you notice that the word DISFIGURING is a bit heavy? I mean. i get the mental picture of loonatic man slashing the face of a good looking woman with a sharp knife, why not try to use the word, CONFIGURING HER SELF WITH ALLAH'S DEFAULT SETTINGS OF SURRENDER TO HIS WILL FOR ETERNAL HAPPINESS?

Saaxib What I meant was that HIJAB is necessary BUT NOT SUFFICIENT FOR A HALIMO TO BE PIOUS, as Allah SWT said to the effect that goodness is not that you face East nor West for prayer, rather its a belief in Allah, the last day.... showing tolerance and patience in face of adversity, and who engages in philanthropy helping the poor and needy etc.

You write:

It´s nice to have made it clear that Modesty is not wrapping yourself with 10 meters long garment.

Saaxib. You must be a tailor, you gotta be one, no kiddin, so close in your estimate of the 10 meter needed for Hijab, To be precise, the Somali HIjab, which is the most Sharia compliant on planet earth ( with fundemental difference of opinion from residents of Buraidah, Qaseem region) here is eNuri Tailors recommended Dimensions:

1. For only the top part, the tallest Somali lady would only need 3 meters if she uses her regular Cambuur beneath.

2. If she chooses to match her Cambuur with the Hijaab, she would need another 4 meters, again the tallest Somali girl,

eNuri Hijab Tailoring services assume that the above lengths are based on the wider fabrics ( 1.25 meters wide, instead of the narrow width 0.75 Meter fabrics) Literally, the Devil, is In The Details.

Peace

Nur

On one hand, I have friends who have been wearing Hijab for as long as I have known them, those same friends of mine are the 1st pple to get rid of the Hijab when we step out together.

On the other hand, there is me, never wore Hijab, the only time I cover my head is when I pray.

My friends are what you would call "eye pleaser's" who wear Hijab to please others, they said so themselves.

I'm not making my friends to be bad people, but they do flip flop most of the time when it comes time to "WHERE" they can wear the Hijab. I don't think Hijab is something you can take off whenever it pleases you.

I believe once a person wears it, its for a lifetime, but in their view, that isn't so. If you ask them, honestly, do you wear Hijab for you or do you get pressured of the environment you are around? They will opt out for the pressure answer.

The reason why I never wore Hijab is because I don't feel that it will change anything about LayZie as a human being, but I do realize that at some point in my life, I have to change my way of dressing, starting with covering up head to toe. In my own opinion, I'm a good muslimah, I pray, I fear allah, I do what is expected of me as a muslimah, except wear Hijab.

I believe that there will be a period of adjustment for me, and at that time, I would dress as beautifully as my mother dresses now with the traditional garments etc, daily cover up from head to toe. I honestly believe that if I were to do it now, that I would be as quickly removing the Hijab few weeks down the road, and I don't want that to happen after it has taken me 20 something yrs of my life to not cover my head and all of a sudden cover it, it would be a huge below to me, and I be doing wrong by Allah.

I do not want to be like my friends who wear it as quickly as they see fit and remove it when it doesn't please them because they aren't in their usual environment, they are what I call "eye pleaser's",but I love them nevertheless.

In conclusion, I'm not making excuses as to why I don't wear hijab now, only that I know in my heart my time will come, and when it does, Ima hold on to it for a lifetime.

Nur   

Lazie

MashAllah sis, if the way you described your friends is correct, you are far better than them in the eyes of allah SWT. Flip Flopping is not right.

I was specially touched deeply by the fact that you want to do it one day, but once committed, no going back, now thats is no door knop personality like your friends.

In the early days of Islam, bedouins used to make a deal with threProphet before becoming Muslims, strange as their conditions may seem by todays unwise wadaads being hard on newbies, a Bedouin requested that he is exempted from prayers and Zakat to become Muslim, the Prophet accepted it saying that once he feels it he would do it voluntarily, to which the Bedouin eventually conformed, another Bedouin asked, that he would pray, but without Rukuuc, again he was accepted, and more funny deals like these, the moral: With the serious buyer, rules can be bent to suit them, but not those wishy washy friends of yours.

Baarakallahu feek, you must have a great mother, congratulation sis

Nur

I was thinking: should muslim women wear the Hijab while on the net? My reasoning is this: since the purpose of the Hijab is to deter in male arousal of randy thoughts and signifying the intent of modesty, why not the on net as well. Certainlly, speaking from personal experience, some of the girls here are brashly immodest and what's more elicit incontinent salacity. Lord knows how many times this happened and felt completely impotent to do anything about it.

My point is: modesty and repelling amorous eyes extends, or should, beyond the physical world... and must be extended, in the age of cyber world, to non-physical world like the internet.

Azmaya   

In the early days of Islam, bedouins used to make a deal with threProphet before becoming Muslims, strange as their conditions may seem by todays unwise wadaads being hard on newbies, a Bedouin requested that he is exempted from prayers and Zakat to become Muslim, the Prophet accepted it saying that once he feels it he would do it voluntarily, to which the Bedouin eventually conformed, another Bedouin asked, that he would pray, but without Rukuuc, again he was accepted, and more funny deals like these, the moral: With the serious buyer, rules can be bent to suit them, but not those wishy washy friends of yours.

wait, am reading this correctly. Your telling me a man came to the Prophet on him be peace, requested he doesn't pray and the Prophet accepted? Do I have this correct. Plz tell me because that is shocking :eek: . No i don't want you tell me plz show me the proof.

Secondly, I was agreeing with your comments until..... who are you to suggest what a woman can and can't wear, or how many meters she most have on her clothing. Last time I read the Qu'ran, clothing/hijaba was not specfic and it is up to the woman to decide what she wants wear as long as it islamic which is loose fitting.

Layzie, sister girl I totally agree with u. Many sisters I know act like that, put on hijab, next week take it off. I had non-muslim friend tell me how she even felt they were hypocrites and felt digusted by them. I think that is worse, then the sister that doesn't choose to wear hijab at all. May Allah guide us All. Salamz

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Johnny:

Thepoint , am sorry , am not having that kind of discussion !!

Then, don't make idiotic comments. Keep them to yourself.

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

I was thinking: should muslim women wear the Hijab while on the net? My reasoning is this: since the purpose of the Hijab is to deter in male arousal of randy thoughts and signifying the intent of modesty, why not the on net as well. Certainlly, speaking from personal experience, some of the girls here are brashly immodest and what's more elicit incontinent salacity. Lord knows how many times this happened and felt completely impotent to do anything about it.

My point is: modesty and repelling amorous eyes extends, or should, beyond the physical world... and must be extended, in the age of cyber world, to non-physical world like the internet.

:D:D

That made me laugh

Excuse Six: If I wear the hijaab then nobody will marry me, so I'm going to leave it off until then.

Now this pisses me off! for real! In the history of Hijabed woman v.s Unhijabed woman, I have never heard Unhijabed girl state such reason for not wearing Hijab. Only bitter unconvincing pretentious Hijabed one would conclude that the reason these morally-loose wild women dont wear Hijab could only be their unchecked desire for men :rolleyes: .

I'm a moslimah and I wear Hijab but neccesserily the kind that is being discussed here. It's about time that we dropped the judgement attitude and adapted more Islamic one which is showing compassion, understanding and love for everyone who ashahata.

Just the other day, this Islaan came to me looking for someone to interepet for her and in the midst of asking for a fever made this irresponsible remark: " Maandhay that qamar your wearing attracts attention to your face. wear dimmer color,like black. besides it's not considered a true Hijab. is astur and then you'll find a man." Exactly how is that gonna help me wear what she considers the "true" Hijab? Women like her almost inspire me to pierce my belly button and wear the new J.Lo low-cut shorts for my late afternoon walks. If only my Mom didnt teach better than that.

I was thinking: should muslim women wear the Hijab while on the net? My reasoning is this: since the purpose of the Hijab is to deter in male arousal of randy thoughts and signifying the intent of modesty.....

Why is this individual allowed to post in such a manner in this section of the forum???

His nac nac is getting ridiculous, someone ought to put a stop to it. Forget wearing Hijab online or anywhere , but If you got issues controlling your hormones over what someone writes/says online, then you shouldn't be allowed to have access in the cyberworld, what you ought to be doing is saving those monthly internet $$, so you can put yourself through therapy and have that self control factor look at.

PS:Nur, I have a WONDERFUL MOTHER, she is the best.