Sign in to follow this  
Ismahan

Top 10 excuses of Muslim Women who don't wear Islamic Hijaab!

STOIC   

Brother Nur, this is a bit personal and a footle on my side. I have a question about the Hijaab Issue. I have a friend whom I know for almost more than six years now. This girl was the perfect girl I always wanted to be my little sister . She was a Hijabi in a refulgent Hijaab and an example of what you will call a perfect model of a Hijabi. Recently I have seen the little girl (of course she is grown now) I knew not covering her head anymore with the white Hijab I liked seeing her wearing it. I personally don’t like to judge people by their looks before I get to know them. Even though she changed her mode of dress she is still the same girl I knew. My confusion is where do you draw the line for a potential wife? Is Hijab a top priority for a selection of a wife even though I myself break the rules of Islam everyday by sinning (i.e. looking at women)? The reason I asked the above question is because I am at that stage of my life where I am looking for a potential wife and the road that I am seeing is one that will be a hollow because of mismatch between my expectation and the reality at hand. If I am weak on the Deen myself is it right for me to expect a good Muslimah who is a hijabi?

Nur   

STOIC Bro.

Your personal case is occurring a lot with eNuri and Associates in my private channels of social communications (outside of SOL), I am getting significant number of messages from Faaraxs asking of how to select the perfect Haliimo for marriage, at the same time I am getting hints from some Halimos looking for an eNuri background check on some Faaraxs, which prompts our Business Development Unit to consider asking SOL to launch a special eNuri Matrimonial Discussion board for serious, Faaaraxs and Xalimos. A Job for Libaax -san-ka taabte.

Now, if I was on your shoes and have a choice, I would always go for a woman with deep faith in Allah, how deep? well deep enough that she reminds me of Allah when I see her actions, or more importantly, non-actions. The Hijab is but a pepple on the shores of Islam's great ocean, its very important, but its absence does not necessarily signify a bad faith in a Halimo.

As for this particular girl, she presents a special case altogether, if you still have any remaining feeling toward her, and she reciprocates, by all means, you should get to the bottom of the Hijab issue, in marriage address the most important issue to you first, you will always have time for sweets, what you learn in the process may be an eye opener for you about life's subtleties, little things that make a big difference, by opening your mind for possibilities in this particular case and with sincere search of a spouse, she may be the right one for you.

Another benefit of this course of action is that you would be doing a worthwhile Islamic cause of helping a potentially good person at risk, what could be a more caring jesture than taking an interest in her spiritual well being? unless this attempt of yours hits a wall, my advice is pursue this girl, and please share with Nomads at Islam page how things turn out, I am on a front seat, I excited to say the least.

Nur

STOIC   

Thanks for the Kind words and encouragement. There has been something indescribably guilty about holding a person into a standard that I myself did not practiced. I think it is a pie in the sky to find someone who is a religious If you yourself you are not a good religious person.This is an area I am weak on.

The tarmac road was made from layers of crashed stones and then smoothens to the way it looks. I think I will have to crush my stones together for now and then invite you or the rest when I bind it with a tar :D . As for now I will say things would be hunky dowry as long as I mind my Ps and Qs. Thanks again for the good words. Keep the brother in your prayers!

Nur   

Precisely STOIC Bro.

Isnt that the double standard of the Somali males ( Faaraxs)?

When it comes to selecting a spouse for a Faarax, the rope is tied higher for a Xalimo, she must be:

1. Faith ( Very Conservative)

2. Family background ( Uncle Cag Bakayle's daughter)

3. Education Two Masters Degrees, speaking Five Languages

4. Sicial Status or in Af Somali ( ISTUSTUS): Upper Class Own Kurtunwaarrey Marriott By The Courtyard.

5. Looks: Cross Between Queen Nefertiti and Queen Sheba

Now as Somali Xalimos try that uphill battle just to be considered by a local loser, their quality surges much higher as to be able to marry a Faarax.

All a Faarax has to be to find a wife is a (TO BE THERE) period.

STOIC, I take the pleasure saaxib, You are in my prayers, go for it, bittawfeeq.

Nur

Nur   

Azmaya sis

You write:

wait, am reading this correctly. Your telling me a man came to the Prophet on him be peace, requested he doesn't pray and the Prophet accepted? Do I have this correct. Plz tell me because that is shocking . No i don't want you tell me plz show me the proof.

Answer:

Not only one incident, many incidents, inshAllah it will be an eye opener, I shall post it soon with a nice flavor, (Tolerance Tortilla), assuming that you are into Mexican foods. Patience is requested, at eNuri we must warn you that if you are not careful you wouldnt know the difference of what is real from the purely imaginitive, so in a way, its not your fault, seasoned eNuri readers ask for it and in short time they susually get the point. eNuri claims are like Pringles Chips, if you open its lid, you cant close it, munching on all day, or like they say in the Middle east, Low tafukkahaa... maa xatsukkaha, Well, so much for sales pitch, lets get goin.

You write:

Secondly, I was agreeing with your comments until..... who are you to suggest what a woman can and can't wear, or how many meters she most have on her clothing. Last time I read the Qu'ran, clothing/hijaba was not specfic and it is up to the woman to decide what she wants wear as long as it islamic which is loose fitting.

Miss, you dont know who you messing with, huh?, I am proud to say that I am the Prince who inherited the position of the champion of womens partcipation in Somali movement for independence back in the fifties. My Relative, happened to be the first man to deliver the first speech on behalf of the working committe of Somali Women of the SYC ( Somali Youth Club, later the name was changed to Somali Youth League SYL) in that speech, my Male Relative said : "We The women of Somalia" to the stunning applause and laughter of the male filled room"

Now after showing my credentials, and again I must warn you to be careful, by getting assistance from Reality Check, I am going to tour all the foreign countries where sizeable Somali communities live, we shall set up eNuri Camel Mounted Tailors Vigilantes , we wil visit Universities and Highschools in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA, UK, Sweden, France and Mainland China To enforce the proper Hijaab Rule of Kurtunwaarrey City Council, we shall check for the proper Hijab dimensions, any Somali girl found not conforming to the strict size and fabric of the Hijab will be sent back to Kurtunwaarrey to forcefully marry a smiling Camel boy after we confiscate her foreign degrees and passport.

That was a joke, ( But Some above parts are veiled stark truths, the challenge is for you to find out which is which) but on a serious mood, I was just enlarging your mental picture, of fear of a man policing attire , that is simply wrong sister, I suggested the dimensions to illustrate the maximums a Hijab requires in term of fabric lengths after Johnny Boy suggested they need 10 Meters long TENT according to him, it waz my reasonable dimensioning of his unreasonable dimensions, but not a fashion police, to get those dimensions I callled a relative of mine who pretty much gave me an approximate dimensions of the mainstream Somali Hijaab. Am I off the hook now?

Peace

Nur

Azmaya   

Salamz Nur,

Sorry if I come across rude in this "happy community" of yours in SOL, but who is exactly are you? and do these herds that follow you blindly and ask you for advice on personal issues, religious matters know you, your education in the diin, your qualifications, credentials…? You are coming across to me as someone who is acting like a sheik, Allah knows best, but to me you can say whatever you want on religious matters you will not be taken seriously by me, unless your education background in Islam backs it up. Please do tell me is it something that I don’t know, are you the SOL appointed sheik-if so then tell us of your credentials, or a wanabe that enforced himself in that position. In other posts you are discussing sciences of Hadith, which takes decades to study, and I didn’t see any sources given by you, so you are telling me you wrote. Plz do inform me is there something I don’t know. I have to run to class now, I don’t mean to sound rude but I am concerned since I see the areas you are talking about especially science of hadiths, figh as scared ground, areas that not every BOB should partake in or takes jabs at. Salamz

LazieGirl, Quit the censorship game! We are free to express our own ideas here! don't you see the dude is asking the right questions?

Let's hear that little discordant voice

Khayr   

Nur saxib,

Pls do share with us the Proofs to the'Tolerance Statements' and the particular contexts that they were made under and the position of the Ulema on the Story of the Bedioun who didn't have to pray or pay zakat?

For the average person, your statement can be taken as being supportive of someong not praying salat or zakat. Surely, there is a something that was said by the Ulama about this or else this can be used by any one that wants to become a muslim but doesn't want to adhere to the tenants of the faith.

Nur   

Azmaya sis

you write:

Sorry if I come across rude in this "happy community" of yours in SOL, but who is exactly are you?

Answer:

Please follow this Link, it kinda gives you my corporate profile:

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000672

You write:

and do these herds that follow you blindly and ask you for advice on personal issues, religious matters know you, your education in the diin, your qualifications, credentials…?

Answer:

I wouldnt be so hard on my fans , they are no herds nor blind, ( cthat statement may stay in your record unless you seek forgiveness from all affected) Sister, my fans are ENLIGHTENED NOMADS ( I bet we cant go wrong if we follow Quraan and Sunah?), its interesting that you address blindness, please follow this link:

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000924

About my credentials, well, I have the equivalent of PhD in Common sense, I am the kind of guy If I drop by in your house, that your gradma will immediately like, I have four papers published in major international scientic periodicals, Alhamdulillah, science is an Islamic subject, I also am well versed in Arabic, (Native fluency) , and a lifelong student and researcher on almost all Islamic disciplines, Aqeedah being my favorite area of research, followed by Fiqhul Muwaazanat also known as a subset of Maqaasidul Shariica.

The piece on Hadeeth you are referring to, I wrote it hastely to respond to a non Muslim's querry, the Basic Principles I discussed are same in Hadeeth science, just like your textbooks, they differ in their treatment, the authors can make big difference, eNuri forte is to turn a rather coplex issue a child play, knowledge should be horizontally shared, not vertically monopolized by an ellte, I promised Allah if he gives me a lease on life, that I will simplify much of the complex Islamic subjects that can potentially take humility away from some scholars, so inshAllah more is on the way, my readers usually seek a second opinions on my write-ups, my reject rate is very low, walillahil Hamd. ( Sheikh Basheer once identified a weak Hadeeth that I have posted, and thus the Hadeeth was removed happily), If You tell me where you live I will refer you to a Sheikh that you trust to qualify my write-ups for your honorable acceptance, all original works, except rare articles that I copy verbatum with Writers name, the rest, its a trade mark of eNuri. but you are free to call your own, it may be my words, but its through Allah's( ilhaam ) Inspiration.

You write

You are coming across to me as someone who is acting like a sheik, Allah knows best, but to me you can say whatever you want on religious matters you will not be taken seriously by me, unless your education background in Islam backs it up. Please do tell me is it something that I don’t know, are you the SOL appointed sheik-if so then tell us of your credentials, or a wanabe that enforced himself in that position. In other posts you are discussing sciences of Hadith, which takes decades to study, and I didn’t see any sources given by you, so you are telling me you wrote. Plz do inform me is there something I don’t know. I have to run to class now, I don’t mean to sound rude but I am concerned since I see the areas you are talking about especially science of hadiths, figh as scared ground, areas that not every BOB should partake in or takes jabs at. Salamz

Answer:

Sister, I am not a Sheikh, I am Nur. Hadeeth Science has only one big Scholar, everyone studies his text, including SHEIKHS,. His Name is Ibn Salaax, and that is my SHEIKH, but like Newton said, if I have seen further, its because I am standing on the shoulders of Giants, like Ibn Salaah, as a matter of fact the first issue of that post had His name as Ibn Salaah Science of Hadeeth. Never have I suggested that I have invented that science, i hope you reread and sea how much respect I have showered on men of Hadeeth who have served us so well.

Nur

STOIC   

So if you happen to ask for opinions about the path of God then you have the ticket to be labeled as a herd of cattle that can’t find the water point? I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent person, but I can’t figure it out what prompted some individual to treat people who ask for a guidance (from someone who came across as fairly knowledgeable )with such affront. Religion centers upon the spiritual rather than the carnal side of life.I guess it should have been obvious immediately any self-respecting, well read person would never be so immature. It is funny how some individual are marked by ignorance and stereotyping. There is nothing wrong with some one Calling people to refocus on the truth of the next life rather than the pleasure and the reward of this life. I have lately witnessed some individuals on the pages of SOL who take issue with anything about Islam. If you don’t like what you see, tough love. Invective and propaganda shots against Muslims will not make you look like an Ivy philosopher. No wonders some people demand a fresh orientation of the faith of Islam.

Originally posted by STOIC:

I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent person, but I can’t figure it out what prompted some individual to treat people who ask for a guidance (from someone who came across as fairly knowledgeable )with such affront.

Because history tells us they're usually wrong. Everything we thought we knew, taught to us by 'learned' ones always ends up being supplanted by later 'learned' ones/knowledge and on and on and on....

My advice: take no man's word for ANYTHING.

Originally posted by Scarlet:

^ Do u apply that only when it comes to religion?

Absolutely! You got a problem with that? Wanna step outside, we can settle this 1-on-1.

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

Why is this individual allowed to post in such a manner in this section of the forum???

Yareey, si wanaagsan iidhageyso. Marka koowaad, adow Hijaab gishan waligaa ilama hadhli karti, ma'ifahamtay? Labo, edebdarro badhan baa kaa badatay ee waxaad dooneysaa qof ku edbiyo... ani waxaa filiyaa inaa afka lagaa tolow balse waxma kama qabo hadaa lagar gaaro afkaaga inaa burush iyo silig iyo klorex lagu dhaqo (industrial size) waayo aad iyo aad buu dhaddan kharaar uyahay! Afkaaga jinyeer u yeelow! Ma isgaraney?

His nac nac is getting ridiculous, someone ought to put a stop to it.

War hooy wey ku dhufsatay inantu! Umada mey iga qabtaan gabadhan yar oo cagaha cirka dhigatey, oo dabeysha la duushay... yaa ilaahay yaqaan? Lazy1, yaa guga khasbey in aad akhrisi waxaa qoro... mise waxaad dhooneysaa in'aa naga qancisi I twisted your metaphorical arm to force you read my posts? Remember: cyber stress relieve is always mouse click away! Ee Ilaahi ka baqo ee cabashada naga daa.

Now, shoo away and don't ever address me unless you're wearing your Hijab. Understood?

First off, Afkaaga oo huureysan mardanbe ha igu soo taagin. You ought to wash it with bleach first and finish it off with some listerine, then attempt to address the LayZie One.

Secondly, saa uhadleyso, it seems like you need to wear the Hijab more than I do, macawiis just isn't right for you since thats for ragga. Start wearing the Hijab, and I just might follow, thirdly, don't you ever dare write somali thinking I wouldn't know how to read it. Even thought some of your wording is a little off, I understood it just fine.

Lastly, respect this section, this isn't women's section, incase you missed the sign at the entrance.