Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

If Somalia is divisible so is Somaliland

XX

Moon light what is so contradictory about that Unity is strenght is even explained in Islam

Xaaji waan ogahay in Islaamku xitaa uu ina faray Unity, balse waxaa is burinaya, Unity is strength, iyo Somaliya hakala go'do. Mise anaa waalan.

Even South Sudanese people who suffered more than the landers are having doubts about separation

xx

it depends who you unite with now if Somalilanders and the regions of Somaliland is united we are strong , when we united with Koonfuria. we became weak.

I believe unity is always strength,look at Rich, sophisticated Western Europe uniting with weak, corrupt, and poor nations like Bulgaria, Romania, and Poland. One of the reasons I believe the South is in a mess is because the brain jigsaw of somalis is scattered and part of it is trapped in Sland, once we come together and solve this jigsaw then we will be fine. So Xaaji look beyond the Habar Habareey horizon.

Moonlight i don't mind if Somaliland Djibouti And Somalia unite in the shape of the EU and through other organizations partnership in trade regional affairs.

While every country keeps it's own national identity borders and territorial integrity Similar to the european union. i welcome that.

Abtigiis;683491 wrote:
There is no need to seek arbitration on this matter from dead men, from cadavers under the soil. The living men and women of SSC are Somali unionists, have been that for all the time we knew them. The SNM project was a clan project all along too. If the logic of treaties and legalities is to inform our understanding of the Somaliland Vs SSC situation, it has to also apply to the Somaliland Vs Somalia debate.

Somaliland is part and parcel of Somalia, by law. Its secession is not endorsed by all of its people, let alone by the rest of Somalia. In fact, we will only know whether what is clearly a clan-fanatic leaders pet project is shared by the wider populace from the same clan. The 'landers' -I mean the real ones themselves did not get the opportunity and the option to choose what they want. I believe the secession agenda will not go far if unionists from that clan are allowed to present their case. At least there will be a division among the clan. There is no question Awdal, Salal and SSC will vote for union. Which will leave a small but vocieferous group of clan-worshippers like JB and XX to endlessly lament processes, wrong referendums etc etc. Fortunately, they will die angry and bitter like most exteremists in history have died.

Great post, sxb.

Indeed, these aspiring secessionists will die angry and bitter. And thankfully, it won't be too long before they do-- for most of them are in the twilight of their lives.

MoonLight1;683512 wrote:
xx

One of the reasons I believe the South is in a mess is because
the brain jigsaw of somalis is scattered and part of it is trapped in Sland
, once we come together and solve this jigsaw then we will be fine. So Xaaji look beyond the Habar Habareey horizon.

What a beautiful line! Insha Allah, sanity will eventually prevail.

Nugul;683573 wrote:
Can I ask an irrelavant question, please? Is the OGodeen part of Hawd/Haud?

Actually the hawd and reserve region was part of British Somaliland till 1954, which is the northern part of the Somali region of Ethiopia British Administrative control ended eastern Jigjiga all the way to danood district and Boh the rest of the region was part under Administistration of Emperor Menelik and Emperor Sellesie at that time . But The British Empire Administrated the hawd and reserve area as part of their adjacent Colonial British Somaliland. The Ethiopian Emperor Made a treaty with the British to keep the lands of the ogden under their control. Sheikh madar with a delegation in early 1913 visited Harar and told the residents and the population from that region to make a treaty with the British and to let a miliatary presence from the British Empire to be deployed there but they refused so the Ethiopians kept the rest of the region . So after 1954 the Entire Somali region was in the hands of Emperor Haile Sellesie , followed by Huge demonstrations In hargeisa salahlay wajaale Burco borama .

Nugul   

So which area in Somalia ( northern Somalia) is Haud, now? and what constitues the reserved area, I mean can you name places?

I thought Huad was handed over to Ethiopia in 1948?

Nugul;683578 wrote:
So which area in Somalia ( northern Somalia) is Haud, now? and what constitues the reserved area, I mean can you name places?

I thought Huad was handed over to Ethiopia in 1948?

No it was handed over in 1954, the hawd and reserved is now part of Ethiopia , the hawd and reserved area is located in the northern territory of the Somali region of Ethiopia Jigjiga was part of the hawd and reserved area So was Awara the dhagaxbuur district The Danood District Mirsak gaashaamo And boh., The Rep of Somaliland has its own hawd territory parts of southern hargeysa not to be confused with the hawd and reserved area in Ethiopia.

Duufaan   

Somaliland was never a country before the british and after the british. those from british protected tribes always argue, 35 countries recognized somaliland before the union. No single country ever recognized somaliland as indepedent country.

Abtigiis;683491 wrote:
Somaliland is part and parcel of Somalia, by law. Its secession is not endorsed by all of its people, let alone by the rest of Somalia.

You are an Ethiopian, by law. Many of your people consider themselves Ethiopian, have an Ethiopian passport and even Somalia recongnizes you as a national of Ethiopia. If Moqdishu had a functioning goverment you would need a VISA to visit Somalia and a Green Card to reside there, by law.

Bashiir   

Qodax Qorax;683617 wrote:
You are an Ethiopian, by law. Many of your people consider themselves Ethiopian, have an Ethiopian passport and even Somalia recongnizes you as a national of Ethiopia. If Moqdishu had a functioning goverment you would need a VISA to visit Somalia and a Green Card to reside there, by law.

According to your logic, he is a Kenyan as well. Many of his people are Kenyans, and lead Kenya let alone having passports. But Somalia is still his country. Moqadisho has a functioning government and he can come, live or visit any time.

A&T can go to any city other than Gabiley.