Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

If Somalia is divisible so is Somaliland

Abtigiis   

Can JB take the pain of tellin us one insconsistency? This is rubbish and a waste of ink is not a critique of the article.

Indeed, the author's title sums up the issue. If Reer-binu-hashim want a state of their own, Reer-Sado-Ali can also want to have their own state. I don't see anything wrong there.

bilan   

I do not see anything contradictory in this article, he said what majority of SSC people feel, if reerka wants to go, no one is holding them back, but they have to go alone without us. It is really that simple.

I am waiting for you to list what you see as contradictory statements in the article. But here are some facts for you.

1- Your clan signed a deal with British and people from SSC never did; therefore these borders that you want to close in the eyes of people from these regions do not exist.

bilan;683480 wrote:
I do not see anything contradictory in this article, he said what majority of SSC people feel, if reerka wants to go, no one is holding them back, but they have to go alone without us. It is really that simple.

I am waiting for you to list what you see as contradictory statements in the article. But here are some facts for you.

1- Your clan signed a deal with British and people from SSC never did; therefore these borders that you want to close in the eyes of people from these regions do not exist.

Then how come the so called ssc garaad in 1960 went to Britain with the Somaliland delegation to sign the Somaliland independence with the rest of the delegation.If he never acknowledged the Somaliland borders?

I believe it was Sultan Maxamuud cali shire who was the So called Somaliland protectorate Sultan i also think he was from the ssc.

bilan   

Xaaji, I suggest that you learn the history and hopefully this time you will learn the real history not distorted one, when they went to Britain there was nothing called Somaliland, (just FYI south was also called Somaliland at that time, did you know that???), it always agreed on both South and North will be united as one country, so again there was nothing called Somaliland, that country never existed, as I said before if you want to create it now you’ll have to do it alone without SSC territory, and let’s see how long you can survive without Somaliweyn.

Abtigiis   

There is no need to seek arbitration on this matter from dead men, from cadavers under the soil. The living men and women of SSC are Somali unionists, have been that for all the time we knew them. The SNM project was a clan project all along too. If the logic of treaties and legalities is to inform our understanding of the Somaliland Vs SSC situation, it has to also apply to the Somaliland Vs Somalia debate.

Somaliland is part and parcel of Somalia, by law. Its secession is not endorsed by all of its people, let alone by the rest of Somalia. In fact, we will only know whether what is clearly a clan-fanatic leaders pet project is shared by the wider populace from the same clan. The 'landers' -I mean the real ones themselves did not get the opportunity and the option to choose what they want. I believe the secession agenda will not go far if unionists from that clan are allowed to present their case. At least there will be a division among the clan. There is no question Awdal, Salal and SSC will vote for union. Which will leave a small but vocieferous group of clan-worshippers like JB and XX to endlessly lament processes, wrong referendums etc etc. Fortunately, they will die angry and bitter like most exteremists in history have died.

bilan;683485 wrote:
Xaaji, I suggest that you learn the history and hopefully this time you will learn the real history not distorted one, when they went to Britain there was nothing called Somaliland, (just FYI south was also called Somaliland at that time, did you know that???), it always agreed on both South and North will be united as one country, so again there was nothing called Somaliland, that country never existed, as I said before if you want to create it now you’ll have to do it alone without SSC territory, and let’s see how long you can survive without Somaliweyn.

It always agreed that Somaliland and somalia were to be united says who ? it was Adan cabdulle cismaan and the leaders of Somalia that suggested at that time it' s best for Somaliland to come with a real plan of unity but they never did at that time Somaliland politicians were politically immature. The koonfurians were much more politically advanced then the Somalilanders at that time. The People of Somaliland in 1960- wanted a Somaliweyn hawd and reserve area was just given to the Emperor haille sellesie and that was still fresh in the minds of the People. Also what you fail to realize is it was Mr cali garaad the one who suggested that Somaliland should remain an independent country and the crowd and the Somaliland parliamterians chanted laa yaa garaad. So you see no one is creating anything new Somaliland was a short lived state at that time aslo known as the state of Somaliland. The ssc territory was part of Somaliland back then and are part of Somaliland right now also one more thing Italian Somalia or somalia as it's called today is just one part of Somaliweyn Djiboui is Somaliweyn so is nfd . So dont refer Xammar as Somaliweyn.

Abtigiis   

Bilan, I suggest you don't continue this argument further. There is no benefit. After all, it is Xaaji Xundjuf, for heaven sake. JB's political vision is informed by the length of the horizon he can see. That doesn't go much beyond Sheikh to the South and Zeila to the North. You don't discuss with people of this narrow perspectives in a matter that needs deeper and wider understanding.

bilan   

I take your advice Abtigiis,and agree it is pointless to argue someone who does not even know that union was agreed on before South and North took their independence. laakiin maahmaah baa ah mindi saawira iyo madax muuqda midna lagama samro, who know maybe one day they will wake up.