Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Ibtisam   

Chub not till my hair blew into my face and I was like- wait that should not be happening. lol dazed indeed.

Che I hear you are the man all the scripts want :D lol :D

Malika   

Ibti - cringed a bit, but then again ' waan nin fanaanad qaba hee'..lol. ps. Is this a 'new hubby' ? I thought I heard her hubby had became a wadaad.[erm he works at an exocist centre].

Che - weey iska kay dacaysaa!

*Ibtisam;886411 wrote:
SalmaAlikum.

Long day- the awkward moment you walk out into the road (instead of car park) and realise people are staring at you because your not wearing a hijab.. Then turn back and get hijab then realise your still wearing slippers.. The realise you picked up your usb not your car keys... Hargeisa is messing with me.
:o

:D:D ...... You always overwork dee .... You need a break between the tasks.

Ibtisam   

JB lol. By the way so deeyar garoow, my friend is here tomorrow inshallah. :)

The amount of self obsessed babble on this forum is eye watering. I mean seriously.

I know ,,,,

Wow ,, finally eh. Would have joined the welcoming committee but I've a meeting in the morning.

but seriously, you need to take short breaks dee .... have tea or orange juice, refresh yourself then continue working.

N.O.R.F   

Morning all. Bal warama.

JB, I always found Germans to be cool to work with. They work hard.

Ibti, why does it sound like you're always on the go? Bal naso.

Somalia/Somaliland needs an Obama. Come on JB. I will write your scripts :D

NGONGE   

^^ Norf writing your scripts will sure turn you into a right Romney. :D

(Morning all).

** Tries to imagine Ibti with no Hijab on**

** Touches own head **

** SMILES **

N.O.R.F   

Reading a forum about expat life in Saudi :D

My dear Grandfather came to visit me in Jeddah recently, (he is 83 years old and has a long, white beard.) When we visited the big vegetable market, suddenly a Saudi security guard appeared and grabbed my Grandfather’s hand, touched his shoulder and started gently talking to him in Arabic! Several other people approached him and behaved exactly the same way...we were very surprised by this behavior until a Saudi friend told us that these people thought that he was an important Imam or Sheikh from abroad!!

It happened a year ago during my third day of stay here in Jeddah. I went to the nearest store from our villa to buy something to eat. When it was my turn to pay i asked the cashier how much do i have to give. He grabbed the food, looked at me and said ‘’SITA’’.Worried, confused, and blushing, I grab the vacant chair next to him and politely SIT. A young little boy approached me while laughing and said,’’ sadik, he was just asking you for six riyals sita means six’’.

Still blushing, I walked back home practicing basic arabic counting from 1-10.

A Saudi writes about his first day experience in the US

This is the story of my culture shock as a Saudi student experiencing life in America for the first time back in the late 1970’s. In those days, all students would first fly to Houston for orientation prior to settling down at their individual colleges... Imagine a young group of Saudis preparing to spend their first night alone in America...little realizing that October 31 = Halloween, a holiday which we had never heard of back then!

When the doorbell rang, we peeked through the security slot and saw...a WITCH and an ugly looking creature next to her. We huddled in a corner whispering about what we should do; we decided to keep quiet until she gave up and moved on, but minutes later we heard another knock - we take a look and saw a little Frankenstein and a Superman! We peeped outside and saw the whole street full of crazy people dressed up in different costumes running around from door to door. What was going on? We called our group organizer and explained our situation - he burst out laughing, then apologized for not explaining about Halloween. He came over and took us all out for a little fun. Ever since then, Halloween has became my favorite holiday and this story is my kids’ favorite story. Happy Halloween and watch out for the ghosts and goblins!

:D :D

Ten years ago, when I first moved back to Saudi from living in the States for 25 years, I was still unaccustomed on how to handle interactions with females in public. This one time I was out shopping with my sister. We were entering a clothing store and a fully veiled female was entering as well. So being the gentleman I am, I held the door open for her. I gestured for her to proceed ahead of me, but she stood frozen in place. It was awkward and felt like a prolonged Mexican Standoff. Until finally my sister pulled me aside and told me that some very conservative females are particular about these types of gestures. A couple of weeks later the same thing happened again with another completely veiled woman, but this time I didn’t hold the door open for her. Instead I entered the shop and let the door swing close behind me. The woman ended up coming after me and telling me that I was raised with no manners.

:D :D