Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Carafaat   

Valenteenah.;761090 wrote:
LoL @ iLoox. If only.

LoL... I got it all but the 'mit' in the first sentence threw me off at first. I wasn't sure if you were greeting me or asking me how my deutsch is (minus the Deutsch part, of course).

Anyway, my understanding is increasing daily and though I have the niceties down and can order tea and a pastry with flair, I'm not yet confident enough to speak it properly. My most overused line is: 'können sie bitte englisch sprechen?'!

Tough language but it's growing on me.

I am not even sure if using the 'mit'(with) is grammer wise correct. German grammer, pronounciation and spelling is actually quite logic compared to the Dutch language. Why are you learning German?

NGONGE   

^^ Someone told her that they found a way to get her into Germany. Our Val is a clever girl and is making sure she goes there prepared. :D

Morning all.

Salaam Juxa and everyone else....hope you are all feeling good this lovely Friday!

Juxa, my linguistic capacity only extends to two langauages at any one time. I learnt both Arabic and French when I was younger but have nothing to show for it. I'm trying at German but I'm sceptical about success.

Carafaat, you might say I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Did you spend sometime in Germany in your youth, then?

LoL @ NG...that scenario is eerily similar to a dream I had circa 2005. I was a refugee and I was trying to somehow get into Holland (don't ask me why I was dreaming of Holland of all places), only the country was represented as a protected compound in my dream. You could see the gate and some of the gates of the other countries in the distance. Anyway, this man told me he could help get me into the country, if I paid him and so I did. We went to the gate that night and the man grandly announced to the guard that I was his wife and we were returning after taking a stroll (a stroll!). But the guard rolled his eyes and quiped 'You wives change faces every night, don't they?' and refused to let us in. Although I was enraged at the failure to get into Holland, I woke up laughing.

NGONGE   

^^ Hehehe..what's even more funny is that the man came back five years later and tried to get you into Germany (the security must be lax there). :D :D :D

Hahaha...smarty pants! (But true he succeeded this time round! BTW, Germany's security isn't more lax, they're just a little bit more efficient in Humanitarianism). :D

Christmas is coming up, isn't it? More turkeys get killed then than on Thanksgiving (I estimate).

Obama has been more than lacklustre, the shine of 2008 has been wiped off. But still I would guess he will get a second term, precisely because there are no worthy alternatives on the Republican side.

^We don't kill as many turkeys in Xmas as we do in thanksgiving but they will be on someone's dining table that's sure.

The only real challengers he has are two Mormons and one crazy Texan. The Mormons still face a lot of prejudice specially among Evangelical Christians who consider Mormonism a cult. Many would rather vote in black man than Mormon as just they would vote for black than woman in this case of Hilary.

Carafaat   

I lived in Germany for a couple of years after we left Somalia in end of the '80's. But have been living in Holland for the last 20 years.

Strange dreams you have? did you manage at the end to get in to Holland ama Germany in your dream or real live?

Had finally received a tax refund check for 2009/2010, only half of what was due for around that period though.

Have to chase half of my wages due to the company staffing the census too (they gave me a workload for only the last half of the agreed/expected period....but I attended training and was waiting for them the first half though).

If only there were affordable yet reliable lawyers for all the issues piling up (have to deal with a past crooked landlady and her utilities bills too)...

Juxa   

^^ you dont need a lawyer ee iska celi tima jilicda landlordka kuu ah

Val, ma vietnam bey rabtaa hadana?