Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

They Call It The Kangaroo court

you guys scream rape but do you know her own uncle is somaliland minister, and he didnt say nothing about rape?? her own mother lives in hargeisa right now and she didnt say anything about rape???

bro are you in middle school? look what you just said( her own uncle is somaliland minister, and he didnt say nothing about rape?? ) how the******** will he say something while he is membar of the Kangaroo government Hargeysa!!

camon collect your fact togahter!

qudhac qaadhanoow call The Kangaroo Court of Hargeysa!! and tell them to release the young 16 years grild for sake of sympathy and humanity

G A B A Y

Dhibaatada intaas le’eg oo loo geystay gabadha yare e ardayada ah isla markaasna ah agoon aan weli qaangaarin Sam sam Ahmed Ducaale oo mudo dhan 6 bilood sida foosha xun ee diin, dhaqan iyo bini-aadnimada kabaxsan loogu ciqaabaayo magaalda Hargaysa.

Qore: Xaamud Ismaaciil Xirsi ( Xaamud Shabeele )

DEBIN

· Sam sam debinti loo qoolay baan laga dawoobayne

· Nin damiirleh baan fiirsan Karin daanadaan culuse

· Darxumay u liitaan gabdhihi dahabiga’ahaaye

· Daad xoor sidiis bay waddada dadab u yaaliine

· Dar Illaaheen maahayn in uu dilo walaalkoode

· Duqi fooxle ceebtuudhigaa daawan aamiguye

· Sikastoo dagaal loogaloo diricya loolaayo

· Damiirkaygu imasiin ragbaa Deeqa weerarine

· Difaac niman u galay gabaryarbaan damac kunoolayne

· Dulibay mutaan qolo haday xumaha doonaane

· Dagaal laguhalaagmaa gabdhaha lagu daweyaaye

· Markii Dahabo lagusiiyo baa deriska dhowtaaye

· Waatii lakaladoonijiray Duniya-Maandeeqe

· Kolkay diricya badan kuudhashaad dib u jeclaataaye

· Dadkeedi iyo reerkay katimaad derejosiisaaye

· Damiir malaha nimankii gabdhaha godobkadoonaaye

· Deyar ugub ah bay reerihii wada duljoogaane

· Duqawdii Hargaysiyo Berberi kama diqoodaane

· Damiirkuulahaa Buurmadaw waaladuutiyaye

· Wadkiibaa udiidee Cigaal umadulqaateene

· Doorkii kadhimay reerahaan daawada ahayne

· Derejaday lahaayeen ninbay duca’usiiyeene

· Siilanyo dalanbaabigii Daallo kor u dhaafye · Dulmina lagumafalo meesha aan degoh sidaadaase

· PUNTLAND dalkeenoodhanbaa laga daryeelaaye

· SOOMAALIDAA dayrisaa lagu daweeyaaye

· Dukumintis kuma soogalaan DUBAI sideediiye

· Leegadi diwaankay-qortaa lagadabqaataaye

· Maduloobe calankii kuwii daabacaan nahaye

· SYL ragii soodumoo daadah shaan nahaye

· Nimankii xornimadii dalbaday baan dirkoodnahaye

· Isticmaarka kuma diirsanee waa ladiriraaye

· Daraawiishti iyo Boqoradii daafacaan nahaye

· Ninkiise dayn amaahdaa marbuu dib’u shalaayaaye

· Taariikhda duugaahi waa dabagelaysaaye

· Ninkii xumaanta doormoodayow waa laguudigaye.

Baashi   

Ngonge,

Let’s see, your point is the coverage of this particular story by the Somali “news†sites has been partial, biased, and one-sided. And that is if they can be called news at all (only half-wits would want to read such thing!). The second point is calls for justice (unrealistic expectations you thought) from the “government†demanded by many including foreign institutions are “laughableâ€. Third point is that you wanted all along to steer the discussion from the fruitless wailing to “its rightful place of cold reason and fair analysisâ€.

Very well let’s do some cold reasoning and fair analysis. Let’s first do recap (repetition I know) of the story. What you have is unarmed young girl locked in Hargiesa dungeon by a government that prides itself loudly as an “oasis of peace†and emerging “democracy†(and actually uses these two as political card for recognition). The charge is that she was spy for Puntland. The evidence presented was that she hails from Puntland clans, she knocked the door of the VP, and she gave contradicting statement when questioned. She alleged that contradiction stemmed from the title mix-up (Madaxweyne ku xigeen instead of Wasiir ku xigeen her uncle). These are the facts (any corrections are welcomed).

Now, can this story be construed as a political event since espionage is a political act, the alleged target is a political target (sitting vice-president), and the prosecutors represent a political entity (the government)? Should the Somali “news†sites cover the story? Should individuals who are moved by the injustice (even in Somali standards) done to the accused lobby on her behave? What made Amnesty International take this case (and not countless others) in the first place?

Granted that many sites sensationalized the story (even the big media organizations commit the same mistake) and I can see why as this is certainly an irresistible drama. This obsession is arguably what kept her plight in the public eye. She can use any kind of attention at this stage. After all, she is in dungeon. The last thing she wishes is her case to fade away and be forgotten. The “pointless chest beating†on SOL forums are just words on the screen and as such they are of no concern to her. But advocates that want to put pressure on the government means the world to her and they should not be scoffed.

Zamzam has no other choice but demand justice. Why is that unrealistic expectation from a government that prides itself to be democratic? I don’t see anything wrong if this demand is amplified loud enough and long enough until she is released. Asking a government that talks the talk to walk the walk is actually the right thing to do instead of assuming that they are incompetent of delivering the justice.

I’m still bewildered as to why would anyone be bothered by the “sensationalized†calls for justice that actually serve their purpose (keeping the story alive). Sometimes it seems as if some folks are more bothered by the “wailings†than the injustice.

Let’s pray for her for she is up against forces that have government resources at their disposal.

Rahima   

The sad point surrounding the issue of zamzam is the way it has been misused by many.

Had she been from a different region, many who cry foul here would not be doing so and many who deny would not be doing so. This is the sad reality of sick Somalis.

NGONGE   

I’m still bewildered as to why would anyone be bothered by the “sensationalized†calls for justice that actually serve their purpose (keeping the story alive). Sometimes it seems as if some folks are more bothered by the “wailings†than the injustice.

I’m not sure if you deliberately set out to miss the point that I’m making, saaxib. The injustice does not MATTER here. It’s mere chewing gum for you and me (and all these websites that are not accessed, read or seen by Somaliland officials or any world organisations). The story is kept alive but only, it seems, for immigrant Somali heads! Ones that have no influence nor affect any progress by harping on about the injustice. The sensationalising takes precedence over justice here. Your point is that as long as the story is in the public eye that’s a good thing. I agree to a certain extent. Where I part ways with you is in the style and feel of the protest. Moral panics have never been known to achieve anything but negative results.

The ill thought, shortsighted and irresponsible sensationalising of this case does not serve the attainment of justice, it rather hinders it. These websites and authors are acting like the gutter press, and people (who really should know better) are lapping up this ineffective rhetoric. It’s been five month’s of this same unending wailing, was justice served? Were improvements made? Were they proportionate to the scale of disgust and shock? Do you believe that Amnesty International read one of these sensational reports and decided to come to the rescue of Zamzam?

Saaxib, all along I’ve been using the word WAILING to refer to the articles I’ve read on this site. You (and others) either choose to misunderstand the meaning of the word on purpose or are too emotional to see the wood for the trees! When one reads an article that offers no solutions, suggests no ideas and only aims to create a highly charged atmosphere, one can only class that as wailing. This is the mentality of the mob! They wail and wail until they raise a mighty roar and when they’re done wailing, they either disperse or worse still, create a riot. This, instead of dealing with the original case of injustice only goes to create many more injustices.

It’s trivial, worthless and absurd. Still, at the onset of any perceived injustice, wailing is the best method to get such an injustice in the public eye. However, once it IS in the public eye, the wailing should be sidelined and the actual work should begin. Why is the wailing still continuing? Where are the petitions that are put up for signing? Where are the articles suggesting plans of action? Where are the cool heads attempting to view the whole situation with an impartial eye (even if they fail)? If there are any, I’d be grateful to read about them, rather than reading the empty words of some unethical journalist or shortsighted oaf.

Cries for justice, citing of international laws and mention of democracies is nothing but empty rhetoric when it comes to the Somaliland government or any Somali government for that matter. It’s unfair and quite cruel to try to convince the mob of the existence of such a thing. Governments always “talk the talk†but seldom “walk the walkâ€, so again, to just shout it loud enough and long enough expecting that it will miraculously take place is very naïve (to say the least). What’s needed is pressure, from within and without (pardon the stating of the obvious but it had to be done). This pressure, rather than being wasted on writing articles that cater for the simple minded, should be directed at organisations and governments that deal with, and have influence over the Somaliland administration. It should aim at institutions within Somaliland rather than readers in the Diaspora! Articles covering the issue should at least report on such progress, suggest more avenues for protest or simply give historical information on the case. Anything short of that is nothing but the usual wailing that we all seem to excel in.

This was my final piece on this issue. If it does not make sense today, it will never make sense.

Baashi   

I’m not sure if you deliberately set out to miss the point that I’m making, saaxib. The injustice does not MATTER here. It’s mere chewing gum for you and me (and all these websites that are not accessed, read or seen by Somaliland officials or any world organisations). The story is kept alive but only, it seems, for immigrant Somali heads!

That’s an opinion, your opinion sxb. You see it that way, I don’t. No, I don’t deliberately set out to miss the point (if I missed the point at all). Your reasoning didn’t make sense to me, that’s all buddy. I beg to differ if that’s not too much for you to understand. We differ on several points here. I think injustice does matter HERE. I think it matters more than the wailings and other “emotional†protest. These reactions convey a message; a one that says this sort of politiking is unacceptable. I think the coverage is critical as it puts the administration on the hot seat. They can administer a gross injustice as much as they want but that will not pass unnoticed. They can cook up all sorts of accusations but they won’t get away with it. Someone is following the proceedings and that’s good thing in my humble opinion.

These websites might look trashy in your estimation but they broke the news long before the BBC did. They have many readers (listeners) via the radio programs that rely on these sites for news content. Because of them, BBC has no monopoly on information anymore. BBC picked up the story reluctantly after incessant accusation of bias (ignoring the reports of the case) by the “wailersâ€. The “wailers†to their credit lobbied successfully for Amnesty International to look at this case. Yes, they are not perfect or impartial in their reporting but in this case they did a good job by keeping an eye on this one.

The idea that it is better to leave this for the “natives†and their government is very naïve proposition to me. The natives (majority) are prone to the government’s propaganda. There are the likes of “qudhac’†that sees every thing through the prism of political conspiracies against his beloved neck of the wood. Many denied the fact that this ever happened for a quite sometimes but the “wailers†pressed on. The case remained in the news. Government and its partial sympathizers put spin after spin on the case. People wondered, some even protested against the posting of Zamzam’s picture. The coverage continued. The effort of the few that didn’t buy the government’s line is commendable. But they pale in comparison.

Opinions differ, reasonable people disagree, and one has to realize even though everyone is entitled to one’s opinion no one is entitled to one’s own facts. You might try to persuade others but If and when they disagree with your take on the subject, it is impolite to use snide remarks against them.

NGONGE   

^^^ Apologies if you took my remarks as being snide or a putdown. I don’t shy away from making snide remarks when the need calls for it, saaxib. But, in all honesty, what I wrote above was written in the most sincere of spirits and not meant to offend you on this occasion or used as a dirty dig (on other occasions and depending on the subject of course, I’ll reserve the right to do so). :D

Baashi   

^So you reserve the right to offend me some other time in the future in some other occasion huh :D . Well, if and when it comes to that I’ll let you have a field day in the mudslinging and snide remarks exchanges you have in mind. I’ll rise above these sorts of petty name-callings and tongue-in-cheek discussions icon_razz.gif .

Seriously though, I didn’t take any offence of what’s said in this exchange. It was just a simple remainder of the fine points of civil discussion. You seemed to be too sure of yourself and brushed aside other opinions as ones held by half-wits.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Seriously though, I didn’t take any offence of what’s said in this exchange. It was just a simple remainder of the fine points of civil discussion. You seemed to be too sure of yourself and brushed aside other opinions as ones held by half-wits.

The half-wits are the writers of such articles, saaxib. When faced with their huge persuasion powers, I’m left with no choice but to call them cretins.

Do I really sound that smug? Well, maybe I am! Wouldn’t say that I’m self-confident in every exchange or area of discussion. With this one however, the longer it went on, the more my confidence and conviction that people are going about it the wrong way strengthened! Time will tell if I’m right or wrong.