Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Should Somalia have Prisons?

Well should she?

and when i say prisons i mean a place wher criminals are confined such as secure place where somebody is confined as punishment for a crime or while waiting to stand trial

Unknown - do you mean Dhulqarnay the Republic of Florida or California (or where it was that he used to sign under his name) :D

Cige - joining the insurgents would be respectable and would offer them redemtion. no good.

i honestly belief that an Islamic state should have no prisoners, only police station holding rooms, where people might be held whilst waiting for trial, if there is a concern of them running away before the courts due date. suspects should not be held for no more than three months and if found innocent they should be compesated for the loss of time.

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

^^what should we do with the criminals then?

Sayid*Somal,

I wish there was a way to stop all criminals and all crimes, but then again,it would be a highly UTOPIAN idea for Somalia, if we were to find a silver bullet to deal with this problem. Sadly, we do not live in an ideal society and crimes in Somalia will never stop.

But nonetheless, prisons in Somalia would be too costly to build/run and will not prevent any criminal activities. We need to implement strong laws based on Islamic jurisprudence that will put to death any and ALL criminals that we can get our hands on. Hopefully this will put the fear of God in them and thereby reduce their criminal inclinations.

We also need to develop, our economy, to prevent people from committing crimes because of poverty and joblessness. And to develop the economy, we must put to "sleep" all corrupt politicians who steal our national treasure and blood.

Hopefully, this will reduce crimes and help prevent them from happening. But then, of course, there will always be one imaan-laawe who will outsmart the law and whoever tries to stop him or her.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

p.s

California is a perfect example that prisons don't work. We have one of the highest incarceration rates and STILL have the highest crime rates in the nation. Go figure!

Soomaaliya needs as many maanokoobiyo as possible. Isbitaal Martiini, the former asylum, should be expanded. Dad wada jiran ka buuxo, kasoo biloow kuwa buufiska dilay, kuwa wada siyaasi ismoodo, saqiirkooda ka biloow ilaa kabiirkooda wada siyaasi sheeganaayo or trying to be experts in politics 101.

Somalia needs 20,000 Guantenamo-like prisons imika weliba si dhaqso ah lakin the question is yaa samaynaya yaase loo samaynayaa ??

Seems the one who is supposed to implement is the one who should be put first ,,,,, :D

^^username - isku xishood ama is celi!! waa ramadaan, so be extra careful and restraint yourself should you feel the urge to abuse. and that is my brotherly advice to you - take it or leave it.

As for DQ - wasn't it California that Castro of Cuba sent all the criminals in his jails to? perhaps somalia should do the same, i mean exile the lot that are currently in prisons and after that anybody else who commits a crime must be dealt with via sharia and correct if i am wrong but doesn't the sharia allow the exiling of criminals if there is no punishment allready entailed in the law.

^^username - isku xishood ama is celi!! waa ramadaan, so be extra careful and restraint yourself should you feel the urge to abuse. and that is my brotherly advice to you - take it or leave it.

As for DQ - wasn't it California that Castro of Cuba sent all the criminals in his jails to? perhaps somalia should do the same, i mean exile the lot that are currently in prisons and after that anybody else who commits a crime must be dealt with via sharia and correct if i am wrong but doesn't the sharia allow the exiling of criminals if there is no punishment allready entailed in the law.

Juje   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Soomaaliya needs as many maanokoobiyo as possible. Isbitaal Martiini, the former asylum, should be expanded.

Sxb I think you should get your facts right - Ospedale Martini was never an asylum place nor for mental cases. IT is the first General hospital of Somalia and the biggest. It was a pioneer only later to be ignored in favour of Digfer, Banadir, and Medina. However it continued to surface by housing and treating those that were wounded in the 77 War - and it still does. It lives on charity from local and international level.

Should Somalia have prisons? I thought they already had them.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Username:

If it was up to me I would put all secessionists in prison, these people are a cancer to somaliweyn.

I know a somali person is less likely to die due to secessionist, compared to all the problems that currently face them which can kill them. Must be benign cancer.

Palestinians are still kicking, a small kick but a kick nevertheless and they’ve been the largest prison on earth for 50 odd yrs.

P.s.If Abo Siyad could not kill them all off, I doubt a prison will hold them down icon_razz.gif

Sayid: Prison and Islamic state are an oxymoron. The Islamic shria does not punish people with in prison. (to my limited knowledge)

Ibti - Abti i wholly concur - but if you say to somali (at the moment) the word 'islamic' - they run hundren mile per hour screaming "clan courts" before you can even finish the sentence.