Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Puntland to abandon the Mbagathi peace conference

Rokko   

Ergada Puntland oo Go'aansatay Inay Shirka Isaga Baxaan

Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 18:02

Mbagathi (AllPuntland)- Wararka naga soo gaaraya xarunta Mbagathi ee uu ka socdo shirka dib u heshiisiinta Soomaalida ayaa sheegaya in halkaas ay maanta kulan isugu yimaadeen guddigii ergada Puntland ay u saartay inay ka soo baaraan degaan waxa laga yeelayo ku sii baaqi ahaanshaha shirka Soomaalida uga socdey Mbagathi oo ay ergada Puntland shalay soo jeediyeen inay ka soo arimiyaan go'aanka kama danbaysta ah ee ay ka qaadanayaan, guddigaan oo isugu jirey ergadii sida tooska ah uga timid Puntland iyo kuwa TNG-da ee ka soo jeeda Puntland, ayaa waxa uu markii hore ka koobnaa 20 xubnood oo ah ergadii Puntland, waxaana markii danbe lagu biiriyey 12 xubnood oo ka socdey ergada (TNG-Puntland) haddaba 32-kaas xubnood oo guddigu ka koobnaa ayaa shirkoodu waxa uu ka furmay Mbagathi saaka Khamiis 11/03/2004 10:00 subaxnimo waxaana ay markii danbe isku raaceen go'aankoodii iyaga oo u codeeyeyey iskuna raacay kaasoo ahaa:

-In haddii wax laga bedeli waayo qoddobka muranku ka taagnaa ee 30aad isla markaana lagu adkaysto in sidii uu sheegay wasiirka arrimaha dibedda ee Kenya Kalonzo Musyoka la qabto xafaladdii ay sheegeen in la qabanayo 13ka bishan inay Puntland caddaynayso inay si toos ah uga baxayaan shirkaas.

Mid ka mid ah gudigaas oo aan la sheekaystay oo aan doonayn in la magacaabo ayaa ii sheegay inaysan raali ka ahayn Puntland -tu in dartood shirku u burburo, taasna ay caan ku yihiin oo ay u dhabar adaygayeen muddo aad u dheer in badana ay ka codsadeen IGAD iyo beesha caalamka in shirka la badbaadiyo, waxna laga qabto waxyaabaha muranku ka taagan yahay, balse laga hoos qaadi waayey oo lagu adkaystay go'aan keli talisnimo oo ay ku keceen qolyaha Kenya u qaabilsan shirka, sidaa darteedna hadda ay go'aansadeen inay ka baxaan shirka si toos ah haddii iyadoo aan wax laga bedelin la furo shirka sabtida ee xafladda lagu magacaabay, welina ayuu yiri waxaan beesha caalamka ka codsanaynaa in wax laga qabto arrinta oo aan lagu degdegin furitaanka xafladaas la sheegay .

Warar kale oo la isla dhexmarayo ayaa sheegaya in waddamada Midowga Yurub iyo Maraykanku ay wadaan dedaal lagu doonayo sidii loo baajin lahaa burbur ku yimaada shirka, taasina waxay ku imaan kartaa iyada oo wax laga bedelo qodobka 30aad ama dib loo dhigo xafladdaas markaa ka dibna wax la isla meel dhigo maadaama ay hadda ka go'an tahay inay ergada Puntland isaga baxdo shirka haddii ayadoo aan wax la sixin lagu dhawaaqo furitaanka xafladaas maalinta sabtida 13ka bishaan.

Iimaan Cali Cabdi

Suxufi madaxnbannaan

Mbagathi-Nairobi,Kenya

BN   

Mobb,

This is just political posturing by the Puntland delegation. Every group has left the talks at some point,--but all have returned in the end. This is no different.

But it seems some are attempting to marginalize Puntland in this process. One example is the Charter which states that the parliamentary members will be chosen:

"by recognised political leaders comprising the Transitional National Government, the National Salvation Council, regional administrations, the Somali Reconciliation and Restoration Council (SRRC), the G8 and the civil society organisations, and to be endorsed by genuine traditional leaders".

"Regional administrations",--as if Puntland is comparable to Hiiraan regional government. Or the implication that any of these other groups(Arta/TNG, G8 etc) are more important/vital to the restoration of peace and a unified all-inclusive government to Somalia than Puntland. Which is completely absurd.

Puntland is the single largest, unified, and peaceful region in Somalia. And no government created in Nairobi will succeed without the support and inclusion of the people and leaders(both political and tradition) of Puntland. This can be seen in the numerous failed 'governments' by southern warlords/leader since 1991,--from the Aidiid Sr. and Ali Mahdi administrations to the AbdiQasim Arta/TNG government.

And the theory by some(such as Djibouti) that this failed 'leader' AbdiQasim,--whom I supported in 2000--will be tasked again to be President of Somalia is a wholly ridiculous concept. AbdiQasim has show since 2000 that he is:

a)A staunch tribalist(for his support of his kinsmen in the JVA in Kismayo and elsewhere).

b)Unable to bring peace to a single neighborhood in Xamar. The civil war actually intensified!

c)A thief who stole hundreds of millions of dollars donated to Somalia by Arab governments(among others).

Not to mention his position in the inner government of Siyad Barre for 2 decades.

But if we are all here Arta: Part 2,--then this whole exercise will prove to be irrelevent and a failure.

BN

guraad   

I thing this talks are going no where , i am for puntland to pull out of this joke long lasting talks with no result CoMing out of it .

Le t us pull out , we should first ask war lords in south to select one man as thier leader , than HE CAN talk with puntland and creat new goverent . we cant set with hundreds of warlords from south talking to all of them in one time .

PUNTLAND PULL OUT NOW.

Rokko   

lol@Guraad. Always a wise dude. lol@ hundreds of warlords from the south.

I agree. I hear from top odeyaal the only reason Puntland is still there is because of pressure from the puntlanders in the south, specially in Kismayo, who don't want to see a Somalia without Puntland na'mean.

There could be a massacre.

Rahima   

Yeah Guraad, and next your going to try and tell us you don’t give a rats *** (pardon my french) about tribalism and want a united Somalia :rolleyes: .

See this is when I get irritated, the pro-somaliweyn camp is full of those who can’t seem to make up their mind. Are you really pro-somaliweyn or just anti-somaliland and using somaliweyn as a cover up?

One day, some attack other somalis (somalilanders some days, and southern somalis the others) and at the same time have the audacity to have “GOD BLESS SOMALIA” as their tag. What a load of bull :rolleyes: , c’mon now you don’t have to be polite you know, just say what you feel. This is what forums are for smile.gif .

Even more amazing is that some don’t even comment when their fellow puntlanders make such abhorrently offensive remarks about other somalis, in fact some even cheer them on with some lool here and there.

Honestly folks, if you expect us to believe you guys want the good for us all, you better start showing it smile.gif because at the moment it’s looking like anything but that.

Rokko   

Rahima calm down abaayo.

Are you saying only Puntlanders attack others?

Guraad is the staunchest pro-Somalia ally you got on this website na'mean. Better than many pretenders who hide behind the warlords to insult the people of Puntland.

The thing is that Puntland pulling out of the conference doesn't mean it wants independance unlike Somaliland. Guraad laid out his strategy of Puntland negotiating with the south which is not a bad idea. That is his opinion na'mean.

I don't think this mpaghati conference is the perfect paradigm of a fair conference. It was Abdiqasim who was pulling out yesterday, today it might be Puntland.

Does that make us more evil?

Qudhac   

After being outmanouvered by the warlors in the south and Abdiqasim, the dictator of puntland now wants to pull out, it became apparant that C/Y yusuf was not a big player anymore he signed the january deal and then few days later he went and told the whole world how he was "tricked" by everyone else and that he doesnt know what he signed, after these embarassing events his own allies deserted him and sided with the southern warlords led by Abdiqassim, after he realised that there was no chance of him getting the president he tried to leave but was banned from flying out of kenya he was turned back from the airport.

realising he was lone figure in kenya he met ethopian forighn minister who have been trying very hard to get the kenyan conferance to collapse, ethopia told c/y to try and kill this conference but this also backfired becasue he was called into US embassy and told the under no circumstances must any leader leave the talks and they would be prosicuted, believing US and IGAG,s empty threats he stayed,

He has bigger problems to worry about now because his only buddy ethopia abandoned him when kenya convinced ethopia that peace conference has a chance and ethopia finaly excepted to come back to the talks. Also ina yey has got even bigger problems at home where there are now people sharpening their knifes lead by the vise president who now wants to over throw him c/y, he overalls c/y on every topic, there are alot of people who belive that c/y may infact never return to puntland as leader of that region.

Ina yey problem is that he is soldeir but not a politician, he coudlt play the game like abdiqasim could, he didnt realise this is different ball game to puntland were he could silence any opposition, as any soldeir turn politician he put his whole patch of eggs into one basket, with no back up plan and he has fallen well and trully flat on his face.

Liqaye   

So what is new.

If it is a political case of brinkmanship or not all it means is the hastening to the grave of a fundamentally flawed process.

But i think next time abdullahi yusuf should include a witch doctor in his entourage, with the tea maker, mass muderer and bufoon.

Because these warlords must really be investing in good quality "muti" explaining why yusuf could not see what he was signing!.

Bari please make it clear but if puntland is a regional administration as you have said previous times, then it would not find a document labelling it as such offensive?

Gabbal   

or just anti-somaliland and using somaliweyn as a cover up?

Rahima, I exposed this a looong time ago sis. It's why they've been after me for quite some time. :D

Samafal   

I think it is obvious each day one fAnction will do the calculation and they will not find themselves on the hot seat and then they will come out with all the blames, accusations they can think of. Yesterday it was Qasim & Co today is Yeey & Co with the same saying: Shirka taladiisa soomlida iskama leh kenyaan baa waxay rabaan kasamaysanya!! ! We have been here before, haven’t we? Who are they deluding? Why don’t they come out of the shadow and say I did the Math and don’t see myself coming out as winner.

I think what Kenyans do now is get these two and their cos and ask them to come out with a solution, if they can’t then they should have to go for some one else who is not Qasim’s or yeey’s tribe. Ka kala dhex saar labadaan qolo oo aan waxna isku ogolayn dadkana wax u ogoleyn

Rahima - It is very simple my dear. Allow me, perhaps I did not quite grasp the gist of your meaning, or perhaps you are viewing things from a rather aberrant perspective. Either way, Puntland along with people of Southwest (RRA) embrace a political principle (are know to have been since pre-independence) which neither camps in Somaliland (western regions) and Mogadishu (this excludes self-administering regions i.e. Hiran & Shabele) are interested in at least for the time being. Western Somaliland is keen on the idea of separate nation, thus is the least bit interested in a Somali government unless with an equal share with the Italian Somaliland on the pre-1960 colonial status. Mogadishu faction heads could not care less, and find the present state far more suiting to their needs, hence seemingly favour NOT a government in any shape or form. Therefore, the question comes, what is one to do, but to engage both camps, Thusly, appearing antagonists to both camps.

This does not assume PL & SW to have, or to be, a panacea, nor the redeemer of the Somali predicament; however, it rather suggests that the ratified formula is by far the most admirable, if not creditable, all things being equal.

That being said, they are left with two options: Abandon ship tossing the Somali nationalist ideology in the Indian Ocean. Or carry the torch of nationalism thereby engaging both camps. The latter, and quite rightly so seems to have been adopted along with monumental detriment to their respective leadership and natives, political or otherwise, and with it comes a widespread notion, albeit infelicitous, that PL in particular barely has the interest of Somalia at heart, but is simply pursuing own artifice. An expected reaction, one might argue considering the political erratum of the past, unsolicited social responsibility along with perished human capital, human tragedies of the civil war, and ensuing statelessness in the country. Yet, the said notion fails to lend itself cogent ascendancy once current state of affairs is being observed.

Flipping the coin one more time, this would not have been an issue had Puntland were to pursue secessionist political ideologies by declaring itself as a separate nation thereby abandoning the Somali nationalist sentiment. It, consequently transpires to the less informed observer that people of Puntland are ingenious assailants.

Back to your original question then, would you rather Puntland abandon ship, and let it sink, in other words, embrace separatism as an acceptable resolve, and anarchy as a permanent state? Or at least make an effort? More often than not, and on such axiom, animus come the libellous retort from either camp as inherent in the discussion.

Now sis, you tell me what one is to do?

What was the old maxim “Haddii la Hadlana Waa Af Salax Ku Dheg, Haddii La Aamusana …..”

Gediid   

Hello folks

Finally people are starting to realize that most of the "Somaliweyn" supporters are just a bunch of Somalilander hating qabiil spitting group who really have nothing going for them except their desire to see Somaliland up in flames.I'm glad that their motives are becoming more clearer by the day and Somaliweyn is just a cover they are using to rationalize their hate.

Gediid – Besides the juvenile mantra, do you care to dig deeper and perhaps challenge the intellect?

And what is it that is going for western Somaliland, or any other that is not going for Puntland? Care to strike an anomaly, or better yet have an Einstein moment laddy?

Qudhac   

Originally posted by Gediid:

Hello folks

Finally people are starting to realize that most of the "Somaliweyn" supporters are just a bunch of Somalilander hating qabiil spitting group who really have nothing going for them except their desire to see Somaliland up in flames.I'm glad that their motives are becoming more clearer by the day and Somaliweyn is just a cover they are using to rationalize their hate.

i gues you can never hide any form of bigitory and disguise it as wave of nationalism, by now everyone nows their lame and over used arguments which we have heard over and over again. Infact gediid i think people knew all along who was natiolist and who was blinded by qabiil, and using everything else to fuell their obsession.

The irony in all of this is that the likes of Gediid and Qudhac, whose whole rationale and basis of seceding from Somalia is based on tribalism, have the audacity to point fingers accusing others of being tribalists. The same people, who had gone as far as denying of not even being Somalis all on the basis of tribalism, are here now spewing smut from the left corner. I suppose it is a case of spitting ‘fore you are spat on!