Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Puntland Oil News Update

But would i stop being Somali weyn despite these odds logically i shouldn't be. But i dont care what they think. There will be no Somalidiids; because of this it may be futile to negotiate on the diplomatic front but on the military front i have an idea first regain the non-Isac regions such as the SSC by arming seccessionists and inciting nationalism, make sure their not recognized in the mean time, constant incursions from the SNA which will financially blead them dry, After all this do the same for the *** clan regions in the far west and conquer the coast lines which will link up with Sanaag. Theyll be left with even a smaller enclave; one they will have no where to turn to

There are a couple of things you are doing wrong here.

Firstly, you are putting the cart before the horse. And if that wasn't a big problem itself, the horse itself, in fact, is dead. And the Cart has no wheels.

Thirdly, the method you outlined in the above quote, is the very reason why, in the first place, the horse died and the cart has no wheels.

Just food for thought.

Hales   

After all this do the same for the *** clan regions in the far west and conquer the coast lines which will link up with Sanaag. Theyll be left with even a smaller enclave; one they will have no where to turn to

This part is troubling you isnt it,

There is an airforce and an navy that can pull this off if you knew. And the reason why i picked those regions before is to make the enclave lose significance.

A strategic and political reason.

MR Somalias belief that the people of the North west want to re-unite and arent because Xamar isnt in order, i still dont agree with that. Let a seccessionist answer this one for you.

They know the region better than i do.

Hales   

Ive already outlined my reason above, what do you think?

i wrote that it especially depends on the political reality on the ground at the time.

Things could easily change if Somaliland is recognized by the UNSC tommorow (highly unlikely).

Then it will be Somalia (places that dont want to seccede or arent claimed by the North western seccessionist entity) that will be playing catch up if it doesnt get out of its qashin situation.

^Lets leave the future off the discussion for a minute, because only Allah is the all knowing.

But from what you outlined, what is the difference between that and Siyaad Barre's scourged earth policy of the 1980s? In which:

1. The non-SNM clans were empowered and militarised to the teeth...

2. All Northern coast was blokaded and Berbera Port was closed, so that SNM-clans were forced to import everything from Mogadishu.

3. Military garrisons were established within Urban Centers

4. ONLF refugees were encouraged to take forcefull ownership of the lands so that they become land-lords in the SNM clan territory

5. Summary executions of SNM-clan elites were daily occurances

6. Constant daily Curfews and harrasments and Unfair Taxation were imposed on SNM-clan run businesses so that they would go out of business quickly

What makes you think your outlined method will work when the Siyad Barre's backfired, especialy when the anti-Somaliland forces are in such a dismall state politically, economically and militarily when compared to Siyad Barre's era.

Hales   

1) sxb its a completely different situation since your arming against an occupation force, in fact you could say id be encouraging what the SNM themselfes did for other groups such as the USC which was fighting Siad Barre.

2) Ah i did not mention a blockade in my opinion the people from Hargeisa should be allowed to import whatever they want. I was merely talking about reducing the political significance of Somaliland.

3) You cant establish millitary garrisons within an region being occupied by another power. You would have to take the region to do that and then do that, right?

4) ONLF didnt exist back then, anyways this has nothing to with the folks from Kilil 5. Since the Somaliland southern border is controlled. Ridocolous for you to bring them up.

5) did not mention any executions.

6) Nothing of the sort mentioned

Simple, im encouraging the liberation of non-SNM regions or areas that are very weak in seccessionism.

Just like SOmaliland supposedly liberated Laascanood from Puntland.

Also if you were following the discussion between me and MR Somalia you would know that we werent talking about the current times.