Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland: End of Livestock Crisis

N.O.R.F   

^^JB doesn’t know that a shoulder (garab) costs more ($45) in the UK or even UAE than what one adhi is sold for in SL($42).

nuune   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

The agreement says 5 months now ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, only 5 months.

haye, when it ends, add another 5 years miyaa hadana, meesha ummadii baa la dhacayaa wallee, cid ka hadli kartaana ma jirto.

NO one there to voice their concern about those illegal agreements only to rip off the ordinary people and more money for those Xukunka hayo.

Ayoub, I would like to see people protesting on this, in that case, common cause is beign achieved and then xukuumada dib ayey ka fakiri for any future agreements on any business fileds.

North, that is that market in SA .... and Al-Jabiri is only buying the adhi to only SA ,, they are free to export to UAE, Yemen or even UK if possible.

Nuune, we will see that after this 5 months.

N.O.R.F   

JB, this from the SL constitution. Do you still think the govnt did/are doing the right thing?

Article 11: The National Economy

1. The state shall lay down the national economic policy based on the principles of free enterprise and the joint working of private property, public property, the national wealth and foreign investment so as to realise the growth of productivity, the raising of the standard of living, the creation of jobs, and, in general, the advancement of the economy of the nation.

2. In order to ensure that the economic system does not lead to the exclusive enrichment of a group or a small section of the public, and to avoid (both) the creation of economic classes consisting of those who are prosperous and those who are not, and the widening of the economic gulf between the urban and rural communities, the state shall ensure that social benefits and economic opportunities are provided in a just and equitable manner.

3. The state shall ensure the security[29] of foreign investment in the country. Such investment shall be regulated by law[30].

Is there a 'Foriegn Investment Board'?

LANDER   

I'm not sure what part of Free Enterprise you have trouble understanding JB. The Jabiri deal essentially monopolizes the livestock export business of the country. Livestock is by no means a 'Public Good'.

I was a livestock merchant back in the days ,, i know all the problems we had and all the loss. We need change and more organization.

They were crying yesterday that the government isn't doing anything to organize this sector and when it comes some figures shout that this is a monopoly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

To organize the business sector is one thing, but to give away the livelihood of the common citizen is of completely different ball game. JB, don't you know if only one guy has the right to export the livestock, it means he can refuse who he wants to but it from or what type he wants at a will. On top of that, he can set up his own rules, and here you are talking about a set price tag f $42. The price of any commodity can change based on economic aspects, or security, or exchange rates. So, what if tomorrow the price of the dollar goes down/up? What then? War ninyahow let him be there as he wishes, but don't support this broad day light robbery. Let the people decide who they want to sell their goods to, or where they want to take them.

I was a livestock merchant back in the days ,, i know all the problems we had and all the loss. We need change and more organization.

They were crying yesterday that the government isn't doing anything to organize this sector and when it comes some figures shout that this is a monopoly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Its just in their nature to complain. Even when their complaints are somewhat legitimate..you have to wonder if its just another baseless cry.

I think is SL best interest for Riyalle to be replaced in the next elections. No matter what he does people just don't like him for whatever reasons... Somehow they all seem to think someone other then Riyalle will bring us everything.

RedSea   

people dont' like him "For some reason?"

You know you oughta know better. It was the people that put their trust in him when they lined to vote for him. Well he failed them, and this current SL is nothing but a corrupt regime that needs to be removed asap for Somaliland to strive.

Here is somaliland contending to attaining a status of nationhood yet even parts of the capital are lacking basic human needs. Ninyow saaxibayaal anyone is better this. This isn't what the Somaliland people hope to see out of this regime when they invested in it.

Originally posted by Red $ea:

people dont' like him "
For some reason?
"

Here is somaliland contending to attaining a status of nationhood yet even parts of the capital are lacking basic human needs. Ninyow saaxibayaal anyone is better this. This isn't what the Somaliland people hope to see out of this regime when they invested in it.

That's why I'm hoping for a new administration to take over next elections Inshallah. I'm still voting UDUB for the sake of it. I'm anticipating for everything to make a 360 turn around (for the better) after Riyaale departure like you guys are predicting.

AYOUB   

Let's be realistic here gentlemen .........

This agreement is not secret and it is widely discussed among the Somaliland citizens inside and outside the country.

Let me re-phrase it for you; the documents signed by Aljaabir and SL government are OFFICIAL SECRET. The government keeps saying it will produce them but never does. No-one but close members of Rayaale have seen them. That's a fact. There's a big debate about the "agreement" , but documents signed have yet to be seen by the parliament, media or the general public. The question is why not? What's there to hide? The minister of commerce went to address the parliament about Aljaabirgate and "forgot" to bring the contract with him. If there's nothing to hide I challenge you or anyone to produce the documents signed.