Sign in to follow this  
ANTARA

Somaliland Election Countdown

Saalax   
Oodweyne, indeed it's strange some people are using pictures taken in 2007 for the campaign, desperate times call for desperate measures lol.

Good evening gentelmeen,

I couldn't help but make few comments on odwayne's analysis of the political situation back home. Odwayne's main assumption is that Kulmiye will back down on his promise to open multiple parties etc etc. There is no reason to assume kulmiye will back down specialy since it is in the party's manifesto and a large number of party officials/supporters with high ranking positions believe it's in the best interest of the Country as a whole to open the parties.

As far as Gabose and Hashi are concerned, wether they return to Qaran party or continue to be part of kulmiye party we'll just have to wait and see.

By the way all reports are indicating Kulmiye turn out was far greater than that of Udub in Hargeisa and all the other parts of the country with the exception of Boreme. Having said that even the turn out in Borema as can be observed in the above post was pretty good, considering it's not one of the party's strong hold.

The pictures are indeed current and were taken of the event, so let's not get excited reer udub/ucid. Kulmiye has a strong following in Borome as can be seen from this video link.

http://lughaya.com/2010/06/04/halkan-ka-daawo-soo-dhawayntii-engsaylici-ee-maanta-fagaaraha-khayriya dda-ee-magaalada-borama/

Hope that's convincing enough for you Libaahe, or do you need more evidence?

Saalax   

Flamboyantressurected, that still doesn't explain why those pictures posted got the 2007 date on it.

Point taken Mr Odwayne, we'll just have to wait and see what happens but I do have good faith in Kulmiye party particularly on the xisbiyada la furayo point!

Libaaahe I have pictures I have taken yesterday that are showing 2006 date, alot of the cameras do not automaticly update

It's clear the pictures are from thesame event as in the video. But even if it was from 2007 I am not aware of any elections taking place in 2007 marka i wonder what promted this huge gathering in borame for Kulmiye, a party that was very unpopular in Boroma at the said time...hmmmmm something to think about maha?

Those photos are current because Kulmiye's VP Mr. Zaylici was not in the Kulmiye ticket in 2007. Zaylici was named as VP from late 2008.

Well done to reer Awdal.

^What sort of change is coming North?

I see a lot of former UDUB minsiters, who felt out of favour with Rayaale, are now in the Kulmiye circles. Will they come back as Kulmiye ministers? and if so would that be counted as part of the change that is coming?

NGONGE   

Guru, you make it sound like a close race even though Kulmiye seems to have lots of support that it did not have in the last election when the difference was only 80 votes. What gives, saaxib? :D

P.S.

Because Clan Is Everything I pray and hope that Kulmiye does not win.

NGGONE why , Dont u want change for the country new leadership with a new vision. I think These ex udub guys will be just used By kulmiye to get votes The Clan Card because these People in Somaliland support Individuals based on clan . But when they win the elections, Kulmiye will get rid of all these ex udub Members. mark my words.

I don't see any reason why Kulmiye should turn anyone down that wants to join the party. Every vote counts and every man comes with supporters. Ex Udub ministers are fleeing Udub like flies and coming to Kulmiye, but they hold no positions of power and are not in positions to make any decisions. They are purely part of the masses of people that are joining Kulmiye in droves...

Here's a link to Universaltv via youtubes. They are posting up to date information. Well done to them!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/miig2006#p/u/2/qkXacSx4Hto

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

^What sort of change is coming North?

:D Goodluck getting an answer from that dude.

I hope his uncle does win ;)

Originally posted by NGONGE:

P.S.

Because Clan Is Everything I pray and hope that Kulmiye does not win.

Stop talking sideways..You really want the old man to win, but for obvious reasons, you're going to act like you're not cheering for him, okay, we get it.

N.O.R.F   

Suldaanka, if there is less corruption then that will go a long way. I doubt anyone would say change is NOT required.

When you go home you will see very clearly what I mean.