Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

The specch of a leader in the making....!

J.Lee   

Now care to share with us the evidence which you have regarding the atrocities of Garowe, Qardo and Balanbale which President Yusuf allegedly committed?

Now Duke, I ask the same of you; so provide evidence, and please refrain from such an objection as "I didn't claim that he had nor hadn't" for it's prudent that you prove me wrong, that proves C. Yusuf didn't commit nor hadn't any part in the atrocities that took place in the above cities.

When and If you do, which I highly doubt, provide such an evidence then I shall provide mine.

Sky   

why the hell should dukevalentino bring evidence of c/yussefs innocence? do you know how dumb that sounds? evidence is provided by those who accuse someone of something, not the other way around. damn you really are confusing. i know a couple of law students who would be cracking up by your post.

OG_Girl   

^^^ Yep,I like innocent until proven guilty practice not otherway around ..but hey I disagree with Duke too icon_razz.gif

Salam :cool:

Who’re the Moqdishowers that Xoogsade refers to and (General) Duke confirms, I ask? Has the Somali civil war finally changed the fabric of the capital and left its permanent marks, I wonder?

Brother Xiinfaniin, I am referring to the whole people of Mogadishu. Xoogsade was insinuating or amplifying the current warlord rhetoric of a supposed plot against the good people of Mogadishu. Yes the people of Mogadishu will decide their fate with or without the few trouble makers.

Let me reiterate that in my opinion Mogadishu is the national capital of Somalia and belongs to all Somali’s. It was built by the effort of multitude of clans. The people claiming it as an area of clan heritage are the same group who are now coming out strongly for the defence of the rotten clan courts and vile drug baron’s.

Ms Word, I rest my case with the advice given by brother Sky and sister O.G.

However it was wonderful how you tried to spin the whole argument 360 degrees right back at me, if only poor old Juma had such skills.

Gabbal   

However it was wonderful how you tried to spin the whole argument 360 degrees right back at me, if only poor old Juma had such skills.

LOL :D:D Duke, Ms Word is new-comer she still has yet to learn how the politix section operates :D

On the other hand, I completely agree with Ms Word. What Col Yey did in Balanbale , Garowe , Qardho , and what he was looking to do in Bosaso is irrefutable by none but his die-hard supporters .

Pig   

Originally posted by Farah:

I vehemently swear that tears of laughter welled up in my eyes when I have read "......could have uttered so fundamental a plasphemy against the truth" briliant phraseologist my fellow.

"All profound utterances should have varied facets for diverse minds."

A great genius lies within the likes of Sir Farah who lend themselves to so many interpretations, and yield new riches at every delivery. :D

waves Sir Farah. Great to see you old chap.

Originally posted by Duke_Valantino:

Xiinfaniin
, I am referring to the whole people of Mogadishu. Let me reiterate that in my opinion Mogadishu is the national capital of Somalia and belongs to all Somali’s. It was built by the effort of multitude of clans.

Fair enough, sxb. I happen to harbor unpopular thoughts that are contrary to the prevailing perceptions of the city! The city, Mogadishu that is, though temporarily dented by the indiscriminate fleecing and vandalizing, is the center of Somali heritage. No clan can claim it as his own for it represents the true identity of Somalia.

Xoogsade   

Critica, I am neither misinformed about Xamar nor drawning in a see of negative tribalism. My parents live there and I call the town regularly, know what is going on more than someone who has no relatives or haven't been there other than what he reads about the town knows. As for negative tribalism, Should a son be harbouring ill-feelings for his mother's tribe? It is not befitting for a son to be siding with either of his parents tribes. People like me feel the brunt of negative tribalism since we straddle between families who are from different tribes. The last thing I want is any dispute, disruption and issues between my parent's relatives. I never supported a warlord but prayed for their death, and when they died, I was happy and relieved. Away with evil was my first utterance. The only thing they did was make my life uncomfortable and disabled me to face one of my parents knowing how she might have felt.

Honestly, life is difficult for any Somali muslim who wants to live among Somalis in these trying times.

Wind.talker.

A point-well taken bro.

Xiinfaniin.

Muqdishower wexey ka dhigan tahay, reer hebel, nothing to do with ownership. No one owns Xamar. Didn't mean to strip anyone of their right to the town.

J.Lee   

Duke's mouth piece, evidence is provided by all parties not only the accuser if you but talked to the "law students" then you would know that.

OG, When it comes to Warlords, I believe in Guilty until proven innocent and innocence, may I add,in the case of C. Yussuf hasn't been proven.

Duke, I rest my case with Brother ;) Horn's post.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by MsWord:

Duke's mouth piece, evidence is provided by all parties not only the accuser if you but talked to the "law students" then you would know that.

Loooooooooool...!!!!! :D:D:D

Duke, I rest my case with Brother Horn's post.

I respect that sis. I also enjoyed Horn's post he went even further than the usual lame claims to add attrocities or massacres that might have happened. Good stuff indeed.

Ppl What did you expect from Reer Mudug. Their life revolve around Qabiil. They live, breathe and talk Qabiil. They have great appetite for destruction, and are in love with power. It is sad Somalis keep on choosing these people as presidents. AbdiQasim was failure, and so is Yeey. They both are hardcore tribalists, and the region they hail from represents all that's wrong with Somalis.Perhaps next time we choose the more decent and deserving Somalis from other regions.

Xoogsade. Reer Mogdisho are either busy with daily struggles, or just too traumized to decide their city's faith.

Xoogsade   

Che, have you checked "the motorcycle diaries"?

About Xamar, Waa runtaa. I think we could use some authority there. But life isn't too terrible as some here make of it. At least I don't get inundated with how life is terrible over there when I call mom. It is not perfect I tell ya, but livable at least to those who have made it their home.

Rahima   

CAAMIR,

Cracks fingers, it gets tiring pressing the same keys continually

Deary, for one I do support this government. I would support it no matter who would be president (my only condition being that he is Muslim). I’ve said this a billion times (or at least close) and no need to keep going over the same things. However, I as a Somali have a right to reject certain policies of the government and certain aspects of them. Although I believe that this government is full of warlords and supporters alike and although I believe that this move to bring in gaalo troops is wrong, I as a Somali who wants a viable government supports it.

Now, don’t ready too much into this, it is as it is-that I guarantee you smile.gif .

Comparing him to the current president is i must say a clear prejudices you hold towards a democractically elected president.

Interesting. What is the bloody difference between the two horta? In my books both blood suckers (may Allah forgive one and guide the other while he still has a chance to repent). To me it matters not who did what more (for as they say one man’s terrorists is another mans freedom fighter or in the case of Somalis, one mans warlord is another mans nationalist leader).

Rahima, dearest Abdiqasin on a press conference after the fall of Bossaso called Abdullahi a Kafir, not acting like one but being one. It was widely reported on Mogadishu media and beyound and raised some eye brows.

Yeah I know you’ve said that, but could you try a quote or something from reliable sources.

Some like Inda Cade, Ato, GALAAL and Abdiqasin[ id ont have a job] are trying to hide behind a smoke screen of "The Amxara are coming for us".

Do you realize that almost every Somali (with the exception of the die-ahrd CY supporters) are against this move. Don’t worry about the views of these men, rather look at the objections of the average Somalis, at the end of the day it is that which matters, no?

Is that the retarded form of reverse psychology they taught you growing up? Just wondering.

I like that. Good one, but no my dear dear misinformed brother. My point was beautifully stated by Xoogsade:

Mogadishu might be the most dangerous place to you, but it is home to millions including Somalis who come from as far as Ethiopia. Despite its security problems, people live in it, travel to it, do business in it, go to schools and colleges, move their

families from europe, canada and America to it. The city is not void of people, wealth and other sorts of progress. It is actually better than the whole Puntland combined in terms of economics and educational institutions (check the websites for schools and colleges of Mogadishu and compare) despite the opportunities Puntland has in terms of open ports with security.

1) You agree so we technically have nothing to argue about

No we did have something to argue about. In your bid to disagree with the person who made the comment about Mogadishu been at its peak, you somehow managed to turn it into lets-attack-xamar play session and it is this which I object to. He over-beaitufiied the situation (anyone who claims that of any part of Somalia is kidding themselves) and you also exaggerated the situation (for the negative).

Like I said, go and see for yourself. If you are indeed a true lover of the city, for like you I too was born and raised in Xamar, not one of the late comers, I do not get a thrill out of anyone belittling the city (or any other for that matter) for at the end of the day there success is my success, there failures are my failures. Are we on the same page now?

But, my turn to ask a question. Other than you being a female, is there a difference between you and JUMATATU (honorable USC spokesman)?

Once again you make me smile, only because I wonder how you could conclude that I support the USC simply because I defend Mogadishu against unfair comments? Do I have to support the USC to love the city? The USC and their like (i.e. all warlords) are the enemies of Somalia, including Mogadishu. ME HATE USC, ME NO LIKE WARLORDS BE THEY THOSE OF PL OR MOGADISHU. Comprende Mr. Wind talker smile.gif ? Or do we need to do a 101 on Rahimas views ;) ? It's a boring class i hear.

Again my brother, Xoogsade has said what I feel:

Critica, I am neither misinformed about Xamar nor drawning in a see of negative tribalism. My parents live there and I call the town regularly, know what is going on more than someone who has no relatives or haven't been there other than what he reads about the town knows. As for negative tribalism, Should a son be harbouring ill-feelings for his mother's tribe? It is not befitting for a son to be siding with either of his parents tribes. People like me feel the brunt of negative tribalism since we straddle between families who are from different tribes. The last thing I want is any dispute, disruption and issues between my parent's relatives. I never supported a warlord but prayed for their death, and when they died, I was happy and relieved. Away with evil was my first utterance. The only thing they did was make my life uncomfortable and disabled me to face one of my parents knowing how she might have felt.

Honestly, life is difficult for any Somali muslim who wants to live among Somalis in these trying times.

Much apologies Xoogsade, I keep stealing your point, but why quite when you are on to a good thing :D .

Ppl What did you expect from Reer Mudug. Their life revolve around Qabiil. They live, breathe and talk Qabiil. They have great appetite for destruction, and are in love with power. It is sad Somalis keep on choosing these people as presidents. AbdiQasim was failure, and so is Yeey. They both are hardcore tribalists, and the region they hail from represents all that's wrong with Somalis.Perhaps next time we choose the more decent and deserving Somalis from other regions.

Here, Here, I don’t like Reer Mudug either- ignorant bunch of tribalists (I’m speaking generally of course, so please Duke and Co no need to bring out the gloves ;) ). I think it’s in the water. I believe the success of Somalia lies in other regions taking the leadership roles; these people need to be put on the back burner before they continue to plunder the country.

Rahima walashis Duke became a parent in the sense that his sister had a baby boy .

Oh right. My bad, I thought the he had scored himself a little kid. Oh well another time maybe.

J.Lee   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Ppl What did you expect from Reer Mudug. Their life revolve around Qabiil. They live, breathe and talk Qabiil.

Such falacy, such sophism..such fallacious generalization, War Balaayo, Alla beerka :eek: !

Sarcasm aside, Most Somalis life's revolve around qabiil, this isn't a trait that is only unique to reer mugud.

They have great appetite for destruction, and are in love with power. It is sad Somalis keep on choosing these people as presidents.

Firstly, there are other regions in Somalia other than Mudug who share the same appetite as well as the same Love for power and destruction, so again it's isn't a trait that is unique only to Mudug.

Secondly, Somalis didn't choose "these people" for there weren't any voting intervals in which the public elected C.Salad and C.Yusuf as presidents. I was under the impression that the presidency was handed to them by their "peers".

AbdiQasim was failure, and so is Yeey. They both are hardcore tribalists, and the region they hail from represents all that's wrong with Somalis.

How can you already brand Yeey a failure when we've yet to see what his presidency could and can bring? furthermore how does Mudug alone, represent all that is wrong with Somalia since what you're accusing it off are traits, again that are shared by all of the inhabitants of Somalia's other regions?

Perhaps next time we choose the more decent and deserving Somalis from other regions.

Such as whom...?