Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

SOL should foster Somali Unity, not its divisions

nuune   

Cowke proved this whole thread comlpetely wrong :D

According to him, every clan or tribe as he put will establish a federal state.

balo

Waryaa there is no such thing as English tribe, Irish tribe or Welsh tribe!

NGONGE   

^^ Waxba lama socotid badow yaho. :D

Dr Cowke obviously heard of Duncan MacLeod and the Macleod clan. Woohoo, Highlander shout.

Abtigiis   

Have mercy on Dr. Cowke. If anything, he needs support.

Horta imisa jir baad tahay Cowkoow? I mean love for federalism is inversely related to our ages as Somali's.

Cowke   

Nuune, The Kingdom of Scotland and the Kingdom of England (which included Wales) had been under the same monarchy, Both kingdoms had alot in common and became the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1707.

Ireland had been effectively ruled as an English colony for centuries and in 1801, Ireland joined the union creating the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, which lasted until 1921.

Those are the facts. Kingdoms, For example north-east sultanates was a kingdom, so was makhir. And a colony such as 5th region of ethiopia.

They are all inhabited by somalis yet different clans be it the north-east, makhir, hirab, onlf (colony).

This is exactly the same scenario for the U.K the scottish people share a ANGLO-SAXON race with english, irish, welsh. However the the scottish are a tribe of anglo-saxons.

Somalis are a race my friend, go check the races of africa and we are called "somaliod". The somaliod race is further divided into clans/tribes. Just like the anglo-saxons are divided into clans or tribes such as scottish, english, welsh, and irish.

These entities have proven sucessful in merging it into a de-centralized federal kingdom of states and has proven to be modern success in the modern world. Marka "Qabil qaran wuu noqta" It happened in the past such as our own history in somalia and it has happened in modern history such as the U.K

nuune   

So Diktoore Cowke, do you suggest that every clan in Somalia will establish their own federal states,

how many clans are in Somalia, and how many states are we going to have,

bal isku soo total qaraac adaa xisaabta ku fiicnaaye

Cowke   

nuune, koley niin reer-afgoyi kuguma amiin doona dhulkiisa. That is raw facts sxb. Why bother chasing fake dreams that will never be realized? over 20 reconciliation meetings failed because of chasing the impossible.

It's time to leave each to his own land and his people welfare. Cut your losses in other words and take care of your people, after-all you won't trust anyone else to.

How many federal states their will be. Probably 6 states. Puntland, Galmudug, Somaliland, benadir-land, jubbaland, asal-land (bay and bakool).

Something similar to that. It will be high-level confederation of related tribes. Not sub-sub clan states.

The fine tuning of the federalism will see which is the best method. An 18 state government is not an ideal method such as the united states model because in somalia's states their are many that shared with various clans who will most likely not get along.

The cancer we have is qabil, that is what needs to be cured my friend, not ignored or pushed to side like it don't exist.

Abtigiis   

Will Alexander Pope’s ageless lines and a bit of self-reflection sober up someone here!

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;

Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:

There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,

And drinking largely sobers us again."

nuune   

Diktoore Cowke, your last line is in agreement with this topic!

The cancer we have is qabil, that is what needs to be cured my friend, not ignored or pushed to side like it don't exist.

Abtigis wagaan internetka soo gashaday ayaan google ku qoray Somali , iyo online markasu websitkanii ii soo booday iyo awr yaro ku sawiiran dee waan iska soo raacay.

the greater the division of the Somali Peninsula, the greater the spread of Somali culture, language, Islam and economic prowess across Africa and the world. de-somalisation is a positive step that we should embrace.

The problem is Somalis can’t agree on a government what ever the problem maybe. They just cant, they need to embrace that and look for other alternatives Somali people are successful business people but they fail as a nation. We all know what caused that .My point is if we all agree to have a healthy discussion about Somali politics with out any personal attacks. Then things will be just fine.

I am from Somaliland I love my country I would do everything to develop it , but the problem is we the somalilanders , wax alale waxay isla jecelyihin koonfuriansku anagu waanu la jecelnahay. Laakin maalintay nala jecladaan waxanu anagu isla jecelnahay maalintasanu hormar gaadhnay waleh , anigu koonfurianksa markay cabdilahi yusuf soo doorteen alla ha idin sahlo baanu lahayn sh dalxiis markay soo doorteen waanu idin la jecelnahay , xata shabaabkina iyo mansuurkina wanu idinla jecelnahay . laakin maalintad Somaliland nala jeclaatan iyo goaamadanu yeelanay. Maalintasay somalinimadii iyo wanaagi iyo iskaashigii soo noqonaya.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Xaaji_xundjuf:

Abtigis wagaan internetka soo gashaday ayaan google ku qoray Somali , iyo online markasu websitkanii ii soo booday iyo awr yaro ku sawiiran dee waan iska soo raacay.

:D:D:D loooooooooooooool@xaajiga.