Sign in to follow this  
me

Ethiopian troops stationed in Berbera?

me   

I keep hearing information about Ethiopian troops that are stationed in a former Somali military base near Berbera.

Can anyone confirm this? and if it's true why has it not received any publicity?

me   

BTW, the same sourcesd also claim that there are Ethiopian troops stationed in areas claimed by Puntland.

If this is true then it makes the Ethiopian occupation of the Somali complete.

me   

^That beats the objective homie.

You do not confirm your news with only one source, hadii kale sidaada oo kale ayaan secessionist/xabashi noqonayaa. Marka iska ilaali in aad wax kasta oo aad maqashid run u qaadatid adoo arinta baadhin.

So much for somaliland independence, those donkeys don't even know that they are occupied by ethiopia.

Atleast the somalis in the south know this sad fight and are fighting day and night for liberty.

Juje   

Originally posted by Hassan6734:

So much for somaliland independence, those donkeys don't even know that they are occupied by ethiopia.

This is uncalled for and I suggest you apologize unconditionally to all S/landers now

hassan what ocupation we provide the Ethiopians to use our port . To teach you guys in the south a lession

i tottaly agree with faisal cali statement

wiilka adis ababa ku dhashay ayaa iga dhow wiilka xammer ku dhashay

me   

Ok lets be serious.

Does Ethiopia have a detachment of its troops near Berbera to protect it's interest in the port?

If so how big is this detachment? 500? 1000?

what kinds of armaments?

Do they have reserves on the other side of the fake border?

Originally posted by Xaaji_xundjuf:

To teach you guys in the south a lession

i tottaly agree with faisal cali statement

wiilka adis ababa ku dhashay ayaa iga dhow wiilka xammer ku dhashay

:confused: wooow

oraah baa jirto oo oraneeyso hadalku wuxuu ku qurxbadan yahay inta uu uurku ku jiro.

silence is golden

Originally posted by me:

I keep hearing information about Ethiopian troops that are stationed in a former Somali military base near Berbera.

Can anyone confirm this? and if it's true why has it not received any publicity?

I found this article in a weekly Amharic newspaper called Efoyta, where the xabasha admit their presence in Berbera.

ETHIOPIA-SOMALIA: Ethiopia using Somaliland port of Berbera

Ethiopia's transport ministry has confirmed the port of Berbera in Somaliland has been successfully opened to Ethiopian traffic. A weekly Amharic newspaper 'Efoyta' quoted the country's vice-minister for transport and communications, Ayenew Bitewligne, as saying a total of 30,000 mt of relief food has so far been transported to Ethiopia via the port. Reuters reported that there Ethiopia also plans to use Port Sudan in future. Ayenew said Denmark was assisting efforts to renovate and upgrade the road from the Ethiopian border to Berbera. The country's vice-minister for transport and communications also stated that a small contingent of Ethiopian defense forces have also been stationed near the port to protect the relief from the instability that may come from Somali terrorists.

There you have it saaxiib, the confoundedly cretinous secessionist denial is baseless.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

quote:Originally posted by me:

I found this article in a weekly Amharic newspaper called Efoyta, where the xabasha admit their presence in Berbera.

Ethiopia's transport ministry has confirmed the port of Berbera in Somaliland has been successfully opened to Ethiopian traffic. A weekly Amharic newspaper 'Efoyta' quoted the country's vice-minister for transport and communications, Ayenew Bitewligne, as saying a total of 30,000 mt of relief food has so far been transported to Ethiopia via the port. Reuters reported that there Ethiopia also plans to use Port Sudan in future. Ayenew said Denmark was assisting efforts to renovate and upgrade the road from the Ethiopian border to Berbera. The country's vice-minister for transport and communications also stated that a small contigent of Ethiopian defense forces have also been stationed near the port to protect the relief from the instability that may come from Somali terrorists.

There you have it saaxiib, the confoundedly cretinous secessionist denial is baseless.

Republic Of California
^^ Where is your source/link??

Suldaanka,

I posted a statement in reply to the lead post by Mr ME, and this is your reply? :( Very sad walahi!

If you don't believe what I posted about the use of the port of berbera by the xabasha, you should research it for yourself and USE AN INTERNET SEARCH ENGINE!

Need I say Suldaanka that asking for evidence is not a point and is not an argument. This was a petty attempt to prove yourself "right" by tossing the burden of proof onto me and hoping that I wouldn't be able to vet your silly insinuation.

Saaxiib, you cannot seriously go through life believing that so long as someone cannot produce a link that they are wrong.

This is trully dangerous and reeks of self-delusion. But then again, who am I kidding- Seccesionists have a tendency to be incalculably myopic.

Republic Of california

^^You are busted my friend

Not only did you try and manipulate the source of the original text by adding an additional fabricated sentence at the end. But you also made the big mistake of mis-spelling the word "contingent".

This is the original source and its dated Jan 2000:

Ethiopia's transport ministry has confirmed the port of Berbera in Somaliland has been successfully opened to Ethiopian traffic. A weekly Amharic newspaper 'Efoyta' quoted the country's vice-minister for transport and communications, Ayenew Bitewligne, as saying a total of 30,000 mt of relief food has so far been transported to Ethiopia via the port. Reuters reported that there Ethiopia also plans to use Port Sudan in future. Ayenew said Denmark was assisting efforts to renovate and upgrade the road from the Ethiopian border to Berbera.