Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

LaasCanood: A decleration of war and nothing less should do

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Fatah_Al_Soomaal:

quote:Originally posted by ThePoint:

^If it really was them - then there would be no talk of Somaliland army or Somaliland troops. And our friends from Somaliland would not be expressing the joy and boasting we've seen on SOL. Be serious.

Believe me my good friend, I am more informed and more aware of what is going on than most. The Somaliland militia are local subclans miltia. Anyone who trys to tell me any different doesnt know what he is talking. And I dont mean to come across as an arrogant man when I say this.
Spare me the sophistry. The vast majority of Las Aond folks and the SSC folks don't support Somaliland and its secession bid. They want nothing to do with it. So there should not be any funding or incitement of any folks against the city of Las Anod or its inhabitants. In any normal context such actions would be hostile and tantamount to a declaration of war. End of story.

RedSea   

The Point,

kuwa mawqifka somaliland taageersan ee udhashay meesha maxaad ka odhan lahayd, because obviously there are folks hailing from the area that support SL and are along side the SL troops?

They are making a meal of it. Even the news is clear the clan militia's are locals. The clans from Hargaysa-Burco-Berbera traingle are not inside the city.

Thus its all coming in to play.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Mslm: Red Sea:

The Point,

kuwa mawqifka somaliland taageersan ee udhashay meesha maxaad ka odhan lahayd, because obviously there are folks hailing from the area that support SL and are along side the SL troops?

Adeer - the entity that you support funds them, incites them and launches them - and the ONLY reason that they taageer Somaliland is the first point - namely funds - money, cash, green, moola. It is not political or idealogical. And the few thugs on Somaliland's payroll don't represent the wishes of the majority.

Is this not inappropriate? Is such hostility and agression praiseworthy? Is it really worthy of chest-thumping and gloating? Can it be tolerated for long? Given the folks in Las Anod and in the surrounding areas do not support secession - how does this benefit Somaliland in the long run? Will it not lead to a further destabilizing of Somaliland and the probability of a counter attack? Where's the intelligence and thoughtfullness here?

RedSea   

The Point,

One has to wonder why were the SL troops stationed in dusty little village of adhi cadeeye for more than 2 years. And all of sudden why now, why now move towards Las Anod.

If we use logic, there is nothing special about this timing for somaliland, evidently some reer Sool who are more than few and enough to make whole militias which are the natives of Sool are involved in this conflict. What do they want and whose interests are they serving? I can't say right now. But if we speak the truth that is the situation sadly.

If somaliland felt the need to push towards Las Anod, they would have done in the past two years whether they fail or not, they would atleast attempt to take over Las Anod.

Sool politics have shifted perhaps to not the favor of some or perhaps it might not be accepted by some of us, but so is the times that we live in. waa aduunyo laqabsada haka dhicinee.

Besides we can blame somaliland for all we want and deny the fact that reer themselves are divided, but that is truth which being reported in every site. It seems to me that Puntland is losing the plot in every turn here.

^^^You are correct in one sense that native clans are involved. They want funds, they want power, they want what any militia might want. However as you have realised over many years. The population do not want Somaliland. Even those clans who might support some of these militias they do not want Somliland. This simple truth is what gives us confidance, that Hargaysa will never rule SSC.

Also. there are many ways to deal with these local militias and their backers. the last choice is to kill them, why? Simple because it would create an inter clan rift which we do not need. Thus Red Sea and other secessionist you have not won anything, in fact you have made us all angry.

The enemy is not these militias or Xabsade, its the SNM militia, the finance bosses who are coming from various areas We need to deal with them in a serious manner.

RedSea   

^couldn't that be said about Puntland as well duke. Isn't both SL and PL visitors to the area when we speak beyond distant clan affliations.

As someone said, Pland sees Las Anod as strategic base, rather than it being part and parcel of it, otherwise it would have defend it to death which it didn't have. The battle only lasted few hours when Puntland as it seemed left without really feeling the urgent to do so. Simply abandoned Las Anod.

RedSea   

Originally posted by The Duke:

Thus Red Sea and other secessionist you have not won anything, in fact you have made us all angry.

:confused: why are you attaching me into this?

^^^No Puntland is an adminstration and not a seperate nation. Also there is no point pretending the admins are equal. SSC is a backbone of Puntland, Puntland's leaders from VP and President as well as Chief of staff and Police chief all came from SSC and notably SOOL.

We will have to fight, but not the local militia, after all they are our boys.

Thus we will be patient, if there is any attack from Puntland it will be towards Somaliland and its militias.

RedSea   

E.Sanaag= Maakhirland, hence is free and clear from drama that is being played in Garowe?

Sool= disputed with divided populace.

What backbone sxb?

^^^Adeer your memory must be short. Was Dhahar not a flashpoint between Puntland and the secessionits?

As for SOOL, its not divided, one can say we are united in Somali unity and against secessionin totally.

Aaliyyah   

^^^No Puntland is an adminstration and not a seperate nation. Also there is no point pretending the admins are equal. SSC is a backbone of Puntland, Puntland's leaders from VP and President as well as Chief of staff and Police chief all came from SSC and notably SOOL.

We will have to fight, but not the local militia, after all they are our boys.

Thus we will be patient, if there is any attack from Puntland it will be towards Somaliland and its militias.

Duke, Well said brother.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Mslm: Red Sea:

The Point,

One has to wonder why were the SL troops stationed in dusty little village of adhi cadeeye for more than 2 years. And all of sudden why now, why now move towards Las Anod.

If we use logic, there is nothing special about this timing for somaliland, evidently some reer Sool who are more than
few and enough to make
whole militias
which are the natives of Sool are involved in this conflict. What do they want and whose interests are they serving? I can't say right now. But if we speak the truth that is the situation sadly.

If somaliland felt the need to push towards Las Anod, they would have done in the past two years whether they fail or not, they would atleast attempt to take over Las Anod.

Sool politics have shifted perhaps to not the favor of some or perhaps it might not be accepted by some of us, but so is the times that we live in. waa aduunyo laqabsada haka dhicinee.

Besides we can blame somaliland for all we want and deny the fact that reer themselves are divided, but that is truth which being reported in every site. It seems to me that Puntland is losing the plot in every turn here.

What the hell are you talking about?

The troops were in Adhicaadeye to harass and be in position to force themselves on folks who didn't want to be part of Somaliland.

Rer Sool who support Somaliland are few. About the same as Somalilanders who support the TFG. But why take my word for it. Go see what the Garaad has to say. He is the one who represents the people of Sool. Let me give you the lowdown - he and the vast majority of his folks don't support Somaliland or secession.

The Somaliland army and its paid thugs have tried to put the move on Las Anod before. As with other places like Dhahar. This is just another incident in the pattern of agression and hostility.

"waa aduunyo laqabsada haka dhicinee" - I hope you take that view when the instability and bloodshed heads your way rather than cabaad.

The Rer are not divided. They have like all Somali rers those that are available for purchase and who go to the highest bidders.

I don't think Puntland is the loser here in the end - it's your chershised entity's long run stability and viability that is the loser.

Again - what is the Somaliland interest that is served here by this latest outrage?

The Point ,

You are reasoning with the stubborn here; these men are drunk with victory. It does not matter a bit if the said victory has negative implications in the long run. It’s a victory for them. And victory it’s.

Somaliland has recklessly entered a conflict, and tribal one at that, and when all is said and done, the H clan will have its territory back. There is no Puntland to speak of. Whatever defense mechanism PL entity has raised during the civil war years has been allocated for Ina Yey’s protection.

While most people are busy about today’s conflict I cant help but ponder on Ethiopia’s role here. These leaders hardly take bold steps like this one without Ethiopia’s consent. Cadde has spent few nights in Addis and supporters have furnished pics of him and Ethiopian officials. I really would like to know what is the Ethiopia’s role is!