Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

ONLF a failure of a community

Sax, Peace. Yaa kaa war maqlaayo, though. Soomaali waxee horey u dhaheen, "Far kaliya fool ma dhaqdo."

Waxee kale ku maahmaaheen, "Nimaan shantaada kaa celin sharci kaama celiyo." Kuma maahmaahin, "Nin hashaada far kaa celin..."

Waa shantaada isku duuban.

Faafan   

General Duke you have decided to play damge control for your administration utter failure, your administration is disgraced.

As a Puntlander you should be condemning and burrying your head in the sand for this inhumane act.

Your Accusations on the ONLF and the population of the OGADEIN REGION is baseless and has its roots in this current situation and those that have occured before.

The ONLF has not even remotely failed in its mission, Its success cant be evaluated by someone so heavily biased such as yourself.

Our flags will stay up, our songs of freedom will never die.

You dont know how to measure success so i advice you to go back to waving your pom poms and posting propoganda about faroole and which mansion abdullahi yusuf is staying at today.

Poker   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Sax, Peace. Yaa kaa war maqlaayo, though. Soomaali waxee horey u dhaheen, "Far kaliya fool ma dhaqdo."

Waxee kale ku maahmaaheen, "Nimaan
shantaada kaa celin sharci kaama celiyo." Kuma maahmaahin, "Nin hashaada far kaa celin..."

Waa
shantaada
isku duuban.

Somalileyn waxay ku maahmaahaan

"Ninkaan Quusan Naftiisaa Quusa ah" ;)smile.gif

I accuse no one, also all Somali's regardless if they are in Djibouti or the republic or in The Diaspora would like to see their fellow kin live in a better situation. Our collective failure should not discourage us from opening our eyes to the truth. A fellow here was speaking about the glory of 77, Which is nonsicap to say the least. It's glorious to live and to develop ones country. It's time the people of Western Somalia thought about the big picture and worked owards owning their land and building deep roots and institutions. We in the republic have seen the promise of fake liberation movements and have tasted the bitter fruits of fake religious groups. No it's time to build the Somali nation region and state at a time, no more conflict. I hope our brothers find peace.

Faafan   

It was so easy to say that wasnt it General Duke.

Where is this oasis, where the somali region can finally reach their dreams and aspiration's?

Faafan   

Your ignorant on the situation in the Somali region(ogadein) refrain from making false assumptions and belittling the very symbols of hope and freedom.

Abtigiis   

If you have not read Jean Paul Sartre's illuminating preface to Fanon's masterpiece "The Wretched of the Earth", you could well too easily believe what his fellow Frenchman Alexis de Tocqueville had said about what he called the "the genius of democracies".

Perhaps too blinded by the ideals of his time, De Tocqueville said," the genius of democracies is seen in the great number of new words introduced but even more in the new ideas they express."

That later Sartre was to talk of European-created African native elites whose mouths were stuffed full with "high-sounding phrases" and "grand glutinous words that stuck to the teeth" was probably something inspired by no small gift of prophesy.

The high-sounding nothings in this forum spewed out by Duke on a daily basis is just limitless. What does failure of community mean? what does integration and failure of leadership mean? What does coherent strategy mean? Does it mean every member of a community will shoulder a gun and go to the front? Does it mean every mother and son will have the same outlook about what to do under occupation? Does it mean the inherent failings of human beings will be suspended by some magical intervention for the duration of the struggle?

Latter-day natives who read books full of words with bulging eyes and who do no attempt to understand what they mean, need to have some serious introspection with some self-rebuke!!

Anyway, the follwoing false assertion needs to be brought to light for examination: Duke said, "Who’s fault is it that their leaders are unknown, their mission misunderstood and that a large segment of their population and clan are supporting the “occupation” and are members of the Ethiopian state?"

1- The leaders are known. One Mohamed Omar Osman is the leader, Nafiihure Mohamed Ismaciil and Nafti-hure Caddani are the deputies.

2- Their mission is stated in their charter which calls for the "self-determination of the Somali people in Oga.den region"

3- What does large segment of their population and clan mean here? Mind to give figures? and cite the source?

The rest of what you talked about in this thread is your opinion. About why we need to stop waving flags, why we need to join Ethiopia and wash the butts of Axmaaro. It is noted with some shame (for you are a somali) but firmly thrown to the Cesspit! For it is not your concern!!!

^^^

"The bitterest creature under heaven is the wife who discovers that her husband's bravery is only bravado, that his strength is only a uniform('Our flags and our songs of freedom' ), that his power is but a gun in the hands of a fool."

A&T, meeshaan madax adeyg looma baahna: Only a united front of Somalis can oppose the Xabasha occupation. And until such unity materializes; we will only observe, where the institutionalized disunity, propagated by the desert riffraff organization --you hold near and dear-- takes your lot...

Kamaavi   

In the past we tried but it was fruitless attempt, Ethiopia will never agree to autonmous and independent Oga'denia, losing Oga'denia means the end of their dying Tigre empire.

The barrel of the gun is the only solution to this ongoing conflict. After the fall of the Dergi regime (the Communist military junta that came to power following ousting of Haile Selassie), the members of the Og'aden National Liberation Front (ONLF) formerly clandestine and their supporters became public holders.

The brave ONLF participated a political process and won the election in 1995 more than 85% of the casted votes in the Oga'den Somali region. At the end of the transitional period, the political organizations, the elected members of Parliament, the elders and the people started expressing their views regarding their future status. Their views and demands were not consistent with that held by the Tigray People Liberation Front (TPLF) led regime of Addis Ababa.

On February-April l994, there were various conferences between Ethiopian officials and Oga'den Somali politicians, and traditional elders. The Oga'den Somali Elders and President of that time Meles Zenawi met in Harar, the third Session of the Oga'den Somali Regional Parliament in Jigjiga, and Godey meeting between Elders and Zenawi all ended fruitless.

On May 10th 1994, the Regional Assembly in Og'aden Somali Region passed a unanimous resolution in accordance with the Transitional Charter and the Ethiopian Constitution. The Addis Ababa regime responded rapidly by overthrowing and almost terminating all democratically elected national institutions in the region, including the Regional Parliament. TPLF officers started killing, arresting, and intimidating unarmed and peaceful ONLF leaders and its members. They started to execute publically regional governors, mayors, and important figures in the community without due process. And tyranise the civilian population.

Then, ONLF prepared to defend its people, it choose the liberation struggle rather than accept their lot as second class citizens, a people who only exist as part of the Tigre empire. Never will will it be negotiated right for self determination and independence, history teaches us that freedom is only achieved with the gun not politically.

Therefore, you either help or come against us to free that land from the Tigre minority regime.

Otherwise, you can keep on calling me names one time and selling my kinsmen to the enemies other times but you cannot dictate me to say which side of the road I shall take.

By disengaging from the enemy, we will loose nothing that is valuable in the long run. And in fact, we will gain time to turn inward, to rethink our plan of action and strategy. Time will become our ally. By doing nothing outwardly aggressive to the Amxara, will gain the inner strengths to re-organize our liberation forces and economic resources which will translate into tremendous success later when it is time to act.

What would you suggest they do in the meantime?Submit to the xabasha's rule and praise the regime? Let xabashida continue to rape little girls/boys,continue assault and torture? Do you really think for a nanosecond that xabashida will let you "regroup" and "restrategize" for a better day? This is not a playground fight where you go home,pland and come back :mad: Somalida arent rejecting peace; they're rejecting oppression. And one more thing, making peace with an oppressor is an oxymoron.

To the poster,

You just speak for the sake of speaking so no debate there.

Originally posted by Jafe101:

In the past we tried but it was fruitless attempt, Ethiopia will never agree to autonmous and independent Oga'denia, losing Oga'denia means the end of their dying Tigre empire.

The barrel of the gun is the only solution to this ongoing conflict. After the fall of the Dergi regime (the Communist military junta that came to power following ousting of Haile Selassie), the members of the Og'aden National Liberation Front (ONLF) formerly clandestine and their supporters became public holders.

The brave ONLF participated a political process and won the election in 1995 more than 85% of the casted votes in the Oga'den Somali region. At the end of the transitional period, the political organizations, the elected members of Parliament, the elders and the people started expressing their views regarding their future status. Their views and demands were not consistent with that held by the Tigray People Liberation Front (TPLF) led regime of Addis Ababa.

Then, ONLF prepared to defend its people, it choose the liberation struggle rather than accept their lot as second class citizens, a people who only exist as part of the Tigre empire. Never will will it be negotiated right for self determination and independence, history teaches us that freedom is only achieved with the gun not politically.

Therefore, you either help or come against us to free that land from the Tigre minority regime.

Otherwise, you can keep on calling me names one time and selling my kinsmen to the enemies other times but you cannot dictate me to say which side of the road I shall take.

^^^

Hmmm....unsubstantiated opinion. Looks like propaganda to me. Who exactly were these "brave ONLF" and who "won more than 85% of votes" ? O clan members? Because you said so?

Yes, I think it is safe to say that the ONLF riffraff are only representative of a small segment of the occupied peoples of Western Somalia. Of that there is no doubt. Yet you make it look like they are representative of the whole of the occupied SOMALI region.

Your attempts at propaganda, i.e; "Ethiopia will never agree to autonomous and independent Oga'denia" seems to me quite hypocritical, when we all know that your clan is but a third of the population in the occupied Somali region.

Sorry. We see right through you saaxiib. We're much smarter than you would like to believe. And we are none of those things you accuse us of. We simply don't believe in such a thing as "Oga'denia". We disagree with the real objectives of the ONLF(single clan hegemony) and what their true policy goals are and we will not support them. I suspect if anyone is helping the "tigrey empire" it would be you and the divisive organization you support and this simple fact you must acknowledge. Denial is futile, amigo... ;)

The struggle must continue I say. Insha Allah one day the young mujahids will free the oppressed people of that region from the daily humiliation of Tigre/Amahara fascists. This is not a war of a whimsical choice. It is rather a case of desperate necessity.

Kamaavi   

Chocolate & honey well said, walaashiis. To see a sister like you who knows that we're rejecting only oppression, tyrani and unjustice which has been carried out since Adam's birth means alot to us. Eventually the backbone of every strugle for freedom, justice and complete house are mainly women.

May Allah bless our Somali women,

Alhamdulillah!

Edit: Well said LST, as well. I'A the strugle against opression shall & will continou till we gain a permanent victory.

Mr.Somalia don't let your emotions over take you saxib, what I said is fact and inrecord. You can raise questions but you cannot dismise as a cheap propaganda, just to prove that your an ONLF hater.