Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

[Soomaali Galbeed]

Nephissa   

Khalaf: Mogdishu maxaa tiri? Akhi, must your IQ drop everytime you post something new Subhanallah. Rise up in righteousness when you witness cadaalad-daro, but only if you are willing to rise up against them all, including your addeer. Otherwise we are going to have issues. And sadly those issue will be divided as dabo-dhilifs vs freedom fighters. Qabilkayga necebtahay iyo waxaan loo joogina meesha ha keenin.

Haneefah   

Assalamu Calaykum everyone,

It's funny as this thread (khalaf's inquiry) reminded me of a recent human rights conference I've attended in MN, regarding this very region. It was one attended by different ethnicities and the panelists were also comprised of diverse ethnic backgrounds including Oromos and other marginalized minorities in Ethiopia. Anyways, when it came to the Q/A period, this young Somali brother stood up and after he stated he wasn't from this region he continued by saying "I have a problem with the name of the region...", and that was his sole comment after listening to hours of the atrocities the people endure on a daily bases. Subxanallah. Many jaws dropped including mine, but I kept thinking about the significance politics has gained in our lives as Somalis, to the extend where our senses have dried up and our logic has become clouded. If the concept of brotherhood has lost meaning to us (if it ever had one), what about that of humanity I wondered. Very sad walee!

Khalaf, walalo, I've started reading your posts with readiness to understand your stance and give you the benefit of the doubt, however, the more you wrote the harder it became for me to maintain that view. It became quite clear to me that you have somewhat distorted version of history, and that you're lacking adequate understanding about Somalia's political/social history which is causing you much of the evident confusion and naivete. I hope that you don't take this personally, but one has to possess particular akhlaaq and knowledge when they want to discuss and debate a certain subject. In this case, you started discussing a subject (the struggle of the Ogadden) about which you obviously know very little, and when other's who are better informed attempted to give you the facts or correct your perspective, you managed to go on the defensive and personalize the issue whilst responding quite rude to some. Do you see anything wrong with the picture here? Do you honestly see this as the best approach to have a productive debate or knowledge exchange? At the same token, I don't condone the ways some nomads have resorted to in engaging you either! We have to grow some patience and be much gentler to one another if we want to really benefit others and have our message be heard.

The issues of the Horn are much deeper and too complex for you or the average western raised Somali who usually doesn't have credible first-hand information at their disposal. It's only with thorough studying, understanding and analysis of true historical facts that one can begin to critically assess the issues, discuss what went wrong and form their opinion for a solution. And for that to occur, we must first be open-minded and rid ourselves off the irrational and barbaric qabil based mentalities that impede any potential for collective and individual progress.

Furthermore, if I may, I sincerely want to warn you about the destructive influence of the SOL political circle, though I unfortunately see some of that impact on you already. See, I remember your newbie days and your sheer innocence then only to now find you an expert on puntland and fulaan land or adeer AY and Indhacade, this could only be attributed to the obvious smile.gif . Too much qabiil and hate based rhetoric, which is quite rampant here, is not conducive to your mental growth and definitely not your imaan bro; it undoubtedly corrupts your mind and qalb unless you possess the right immunity which very few here have. May Allah swt guide us all.

Last but not least, if you seriously want to learn about the Ogadden's struggle for independence, here's an interesting book that was recently published which addresses some of the questions you had and gives a detailed explanation. InshaAllah, it will help you see things in a different light.

51yAMm64DKL._AA240_.jpg

PS. MMA, walal while I understand and respect your eagerness to uphold the site rules, it's disappointing to see you go on a deletion spree knowing very well no one was referring to qabiil but rather a region. It is what it is and it's on the world map you yourself posted regardless of who named it; this is how the world recognizes the region for now whether some of us agree or not, thus it should be tolerated Insh'Allah.

Observer   

Observer did I answer your question,oh heck felt like telling the story.. [smile]

Thanks Dahia you did answered it. Now i know why some ppl said that WSLF was runned by Syad bare. Does this organization movement still exist? I personaly know the good old day leader of this organization.

me   

The is a honorable struggle and the people of Somali Galbeed deserve their freedom, so viva ONLF and are there ways we can help them?

To liberate Somalia from Xabashi occupation we must help liberate Somali Galbeed first.

Khalaf   

^^^^you know we only talk and hardly do the hard work required. I really don’t know what to call that! :(

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Khalaf: Mogdishu maxaa tiri? Akhi, must your IQ drop everytime you post something new Subhanallah. Rise up in righteousness when you witness cadaalad-daro, but only if you are willing to rise up against them all, including your addeer. Otherwise we are going to have issues. And sadly those issue will be divided as dabo-dhilifs vs freedom fighters. Qabilkayga necebtahay iyo waxaan loo joogina meesha ha keenin.

Walaal ama qiro ama ha qiraan, there is something wrong when ones grievances in what is happening in Somalia is against one person and by default their region when everyone else is from the host area, Iga raali ahow walaaley I can not provide you the satisfaction of condemning “my adeer” waayo you already have your mind made up, apparently know my intentions and nothing I can say can change that. Hadaba somalia’s problems is bigger then an 80 year individual, we need to reason and ponder hard on these troubling times and how to solve our problems, walaal engaging in vulgarity and finger pointing will not help the discussion or move us forward, the other side of the coin feels just as strongly and that they are on the right course, call them dabo dhilifi they hit back with ********, looters inc ect ect. This is not helpful. There needs to be a middle ground and compromise instead of vulgarity and condemnations, waayo in the end its somalia and her people that are the ones suffering and dying no one else. Inshallah we should move on, caafis hadaan ku gaafey and khayr baan ku raajanaaya.

Haneefah, I happen to believe I spoke the truth, my important message twisted. Nothing I have written here on this topic suggested for the region to change its name, you have me confused nor have I over looked the terrible situation our brothers are in, I happen to know that already, I merely asked questions on what is happening and how best to solve it. Bringing the reality to light is not a crime nor belittles the struggle of our brothers. The issue maybe be complex, but the diagnosis and my main points on why they fail are simple as explained by the Sunnah. I have been saying and repeating the same message It is the same message of the Prophet scw and Companions ra. As this letter of Umar Ibn Khattab ra details, I only repeated exactly what is needed for success and if not followed why we are in these situations-losers, occupied, and humiliated. Its not my problem the Somalis are haters and negatively natured, and question my motives the truth is what is. Walaal the rest of your post I find to be biased and unsupported. However I take your advice and inshallah will read the book. May Allah help our ummah and unite our hearts. Amiin.

Paragon   

Ilma adeerayaaloow waad isku xiiqdeen e' bal salla calaa Nabi oo sheydaankana iska naara.

PS: I once listened to two old men on Frontier FM discussion about this issue. Runtii labadaa odey sidey uga doodeen arrinkan ayaa fajac igu beertay. Don't want to read a repeat of that.

Malika   

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

Alxamdulillah,Khalaf brother from your last post,I dont know if one should cry for you or laugh out loud..Its trully a tragic wallahi how young minds are corrupted in our community..Subhannallah..oh and under the banner of Islam...kulaha my sheikh[atheer]...Lol

^^I apologies for my little outburst,that wasnt called for,your indeed not a corrupt soul,but just a politically inqusitive young man,whom unfortunately had grown up amidst the most challenging times in Somali History,when politics had turned to family feuds subhanallah!..So dear young brother,I hope you forgive me for my ranting.. smile.gif

P.S, when I said the community,I meant the majority of the Somali Community way of thinking has became corrupt,paranoia to the max!