Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

[Soomaali Galbeed]

Khalaf   

How come after all these years this struggle in the ********* is still a clan fight? This is a great shame, it seems like other somalis dont care. Mida kale do the ******* believe in somalia, if so why not fight under the somali flag?

[ August 21, 2007, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Originally posted by Khalaf:

How come after all these years this struggle in the ******* is still a clan fight? This is a great shame, it seems like other somalis dont care. Mida kale do the ******* believe in somalia, if so why not fight under the somali flag?

I need for you to clarify what you mean by clan fight!. I am profoundly confused,which clan are you talking about?

If it is one clan,why did the nation of Somalia fight for it in the 1977 war? :confused:

[ August 21, 2007, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Khalaf   

Which goes back to my original inquiry is not the ******* territory in principle at least a disputed region between the Republic of Ethiopia and the Republic of Somalia? And two do they the people of the ******* not believe in greater Somalia or not? And three whats the significance of fighting under what is considered a clan flag, wouldn’t be more symbolic to raise the same flag the flag of the Republic of Somalia, the blue and white which was raised on the day of independence from colonial rule.?

[ August 21, 2007, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Which goes back to my original inquiry is not the ******* territory in principle at least a disputed region between the Republic of Ethiopia and the Republic of Somalia? And two do they the people of the ******* not believe in greater Somalia or not? And three whats the significance of fighting under what is considered a clan flag, wouldn’t be more symbolic to raise the same flag the flag of the Republic of Somalia, the blue and white which was raised on the day of independence from colonial rule.?

You havent answered my question. What clan are you reffering to? Where in the ONLF manifesto does it ever claim that this is one clan fight? :confused:

[ August 21, 2007, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Khalaf   

All I am saying is wouldnt it be more symoblic to raise the flag of the Republic of Somalia since this disputed region is between Somalia and Ethiopia?

What does the O in ONLF stand for?

It stands for ******* & what are you implying? That because the name is ******,therefore the this is exclusively an ****** issue?

Moreover,where & who gave you that concept? What is in name anyway? Lets say it is a clan issue anyway right? Isnt ****** a Somali clan? which therefore is a Somali issue? Will you support the cause of ******* if the name was changed to Somaligalbeed?

The name is a historical name,given by the colonolist. The People of ****** had nothing to do with it. I think you are a childish clannist.You are triviliazing a 50+ year struggle by making it a clan issue? Where millions of innocent Somalis have died in the hands of the gaal,and here you are talking about a name!!

You dont need an answer,you need inaad isku noqotid and aad isku xishootid.

[ August 21, 2007, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

BTW, Arent you that same kid i had an argument with awhile back who had this huge dilema about supporting ISLAM vs his Qabil? Remind me,werent you supporting the xabashi invasion of somalia and demonizing the good wadaads(while actually advocating for Sharia law)? What a little qabilist,war iga tag,i forgot it was you. Qof daacad ah baan ku moodaye ileen waa adigii lunsanaa?

Carry on & please excuse me for engaging in you. Adios...

Somalia can never call itself the republic of the Somali people if (1) there is no republic (2) if its is fragmented into the many pieces it is today. Now on the ******, I wasn't aware it was a clan, I thought it just referred to the area or what Ethiopia calls "the Somali state". I think we should reinvent the Somali flag; like say take the star out and put a olive tree there (better symbolism in my point of view). We should stick together, run together, fight together, die together, be free together, and make Somalia rise... together.

Somalia can never call itself the republic of the Somali people if (1) there is no republic (2) if its is fragmented into the many pieces it is today. Now on the ******, I wasn't aware it was a clan, I thought it just referred to the area or what Ethiopia calls "the Somali state". I think we should reinvent the Somali flag; like say take the star out and put a olive tree there (better symbolism in my point of view). We should stick together, run together, fight together, die together, be free together, and make Somalia rise... together.

Malika   

Calm down brother faraax,the young brother needs educating,he is learning..inshaallah he will find his answers one day.

Khalaf,the ******ia struggle is not a clan struggle,some of us lost relatives fighting to liberate ******ia in the 70's and believe me they were not ******i by clan.******ia is an area occupied not only by one clan brother,and only through the scramble for africa by the colonial powers, it got separated from the rest of Somalia..Unfortunately there is an overwhelming urgency in the rest of Somalia with its pressing issues,but nevertheless we Somalis are with our brothers in their struggles..

If brother Khalaf wants to know more,holla! will hook you up with the freedom fighters..

VIVA ONLF!

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

BTW, Arent you that same kid i had an argument with awhile back who had this huge dilema about supporting ISLAM vs his Qabil? Remind me,werent you supporting the xabashi invasion of somalia and demonizing the good wadaads(while actually advocating for Sharia law)? What a little qabilist,war iga tag,i forgot it was you. Qof daacad ah baan ku moodaye ileen waa adigii lunsanaa?

Carry on & please excuse me for engaging in you. Adios...

What a drama queen! If it wasn’t for the Farah in your title, dhoolit baan ba kuu moodeey la ha waayo dhaqaanka raga ma ba la hid ba. Let me remind you niin wayne ba thay sxb, raagnimo ku dhaqaan, there is no need for name calling and neither is your opinion of my character important nor has any relevance to this topic. Jalle, respect the rules of the forum and respect other members.

:D @ Islam and his Qabil. Walle qof daacad ah waan ahey no question about that my daacadnimo wa 10 fold, waayo niinkaas oo kaleey baan waax uu explainjiri, hadaba the kid grew up marka jalle xaarkada iga deew. And If your interested in trolling and have buufis to spit, visit the troll corner on the general section, I am not interested in wasting valuable time on back and forth nac nac that you are so fond of. We have alreadly settled this dispute aiit.

Back to the topic:

Its unfortunate my genuine and relevant inquires about the struggle in the oga,den was turned into “clan hatred” :confused: and wax meshaan aan loo joogiin just because of someone has a personal vendetta. yaab

Anyway ka gudub daad buufis qaabo waaqtii uu ma hayo. Dahia that was the 70s no?, i am talking about now. Even when money is collected its done on clan basis, the media, the propganda its all clan based. Why doesnt that defeat the purpose of a somali struggle? The purpose of this thread was to ask one why is this important struggle in the ogdaden seen as a clan struggle maybe not in the 70s, and more important why does this struggle not receive much support from the greater somali community, I mean financially, media wise, ect? And two symbolism is very powerful in my opinion, even though somalia is in its current state we still have our repersentive flag the blue and white in the world. This area of dispute is between Republic of Somalia and the Republic Ethiopia. What then is the significance of the ONLF not fighting under the somali flag-blue and white? Why don’t they fight under the flag of the republic of Somalia, don’t they support and believe in somali wayne?