Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

somalia for sale

^^^There is no dispute. The Kenyans have done them a favour "collecting taxes" and then pushed them to sign this greement.

This government is idiotic and they should be raigned in.

Sophist   

Brothers,

I am glad we are in the same company on this. As Xiin pointed out why now? and what are the basis of these disputed maritime boundaries?

We need to campaign against this day light robbery- I use this because the government has no remit in undertaking such intricate issue let alone allowing a young amateur with no experience in International Law!. It will be a noble cause indeed!.

Paragon   

We should scuritinize the contents of this memo and read between the lines. Something tells me that the hapless Somali counterparts have been had with vague 'technical language' that can be interpreted in anyway Kenya desires in the future.

It's implimentation must not commence. We need Somali experts on this case ASAP.

Paragon   

^Thanks, Duke. I will do my bit from now on Insha-Allah. We should compare notes on it before publishing our observations (or misgivings if there are some).

Sophist   

Paragon, take the lead and any legal naash naash aniga igu halee!. I think this is the sort of citizenary action that we can take- the least we can do to make enough noise that the western govs can listen to our concerns.

You know my email old or get my number from Datoorka!.

Shaqo wacan.

Raggeedii. Ha la qabto nimanka inta aysan border dispute memo of understanding berri lasoo shirtagin.

War wuxu waa xoolo wallaahi

It wasn't enough they took NFD.

Couldn't any future viable government nullify any agreement between foriegn governments and warlord Somali govs.

Meiji   

Che,

I dont think they can nullify any agreement. Not even those Barre´s regime signed in a haste when it was crumbling down.

Duufaan   

I read that book and some other books about the issue. It is very clear to me that somalitalk.com expert did very good report. Kenya was never happy about International system of measuring sea borders, even the agreement with somalia 1980.

In order to get more sea, Kenya did first step with a signature of Somali minister. It is important to note that Tanzania which shares sea border whit Kenya did not sign any memo yet.

http://www.somalital k.com/2009/may/13/in dex.html

Emperor   

There are no legal or international laws here even the way US behaves in this world or UN is not legal, it is all to do with power and influence, Kenya is in a strong and powerful position than Somalia today, they get what they want and they can literaly trasgress and cross the Somali sea water or land border as they wish... When Somalia is in a strong position to defend or partake in a taugh negotitions then Kenya knows they will eat from dust and signed dry papers will mean nothing, let them enjoy while it lasts...

However, we have no one and nothing to blame but our weak selfs...