Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Can anyone beat Federer?

N.O.R.F   

This guy is awesome yes but you just cant help but feel he is lucky in that no other half decent players are around. The rest are just also-rans.

Gone are the days of Pete 'the man' Sampras, Andre 'hairy' Agassi, Ivan 'lampost' Lendell and Boris 'closet' Becker. Those were the days of true tennis competition. Throw in Michael Chang and Jim Currier.

Where has this raquet game gone?

ElPunto   

No one it seems! Unless he has a Monica Selss like 'incident' - she was riding high and totally unbeatable till she got stabbed. I was rooting for Baghdatis all the way - Federer has enough trophies.

Oh my, come on. The boy is flying high because of the God given mastery and skills. I think he deserves no underminig of his abilities. His tennis is increadible and no matter who is around, I think, in his current form he will break records. Watch out Sampras' record to be broken if the boy is around.

Intel   

Originally posted by Northerner:

This guy is awesome

Awesome is an understatement sxb the dude is not human, tho he didn't play that well this year in Melbourne but he still won.

can anyone stop him?

that depends

on claycourt (Roland-Garros )i believe Rafael Nadal

on hard surface/ rebound ace courts(Flushing Meadows/Melbourne park) Marat Safin or maybe Nalbandian

on the grass (Wimbledon)I can’t see anyone i think he will dominate for the next decade or so

N.O.R.F   

He is extra human and some of the shots he pulls off are just amazing, plus the way he lets his rivals catch-up a little or let them go infront before he changes gears is :D but look at his rivals guys, Naldanbian, Hewitt, Safin and Nadal (overated) they are not exactly in the same class as Agassi, Becker and Sampras are they?

Federer is top notch but he has no competition that why he will probably beat Sampras' record.

Viking   

Northerner,

Federer is one tennis player with no weaknesses in his game, just ask Roddick who had his high speed serves sent back at an even higher speed :D I think he would have beaten Sampras 8/10 games, that's how good he is.

masso,

He's shown to be the undisputed king of grass and also the best on hard-court so far. He won the US-open and also the OZ-open, for some reason, clay seems to be the surface he dislikes the most.

N.O.R.F   

Viking, you just reminded i had a tennis match at 9pm, it is now 9.30pm and i'm still at home,lol. We have had a two day holiday here which has messed up my scheduling. I thought it was Wednesday last night and found myself staying up until 12am for the Liverpool vs Birmingham game (the game is tonight) before realising it was actually Tuesday :rolleyes:

Just spoke to my opponent and rescheduled the game :D

keeps repeating tomorrow is thursday, tomorrow is thursday,,,,,

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Viking, you just reminded i had a tennis match at 9pm, it is now 9.30pm and i'm still at home,lol. We have had a two day holiday here which has messed up my scheduling. I thought it was Wednesday last night and found myself staying up until 12am for the Liverpool vs Birmingham game (the game is tonight) before realising it was actually Tuesday :rolleyes:

Just spoke to my opponent and rescheduled the game
:D

keeps repeating tomorrow is thursday, tomorrow is thursday,,,,,

Must you rub your ability to play tennis in February in our faces??? :D As I look outside here in Ottawa - 3 feet of snow and -8 degress celsuis is what confronts me.

SoMa_InC   

I thought you left the land of the depressed and stressed peeps!!

As for Tennis, I only watch the ladies ones and Anna Kournakova and her crew are to blame. :D

Intel   

Originally posted by Viking:

for some reason, clay seems to be the surface he dislikes the most.

Viking

Federer is a shot maker the fast courts such as Wimbledon is perfect for him, on the other hand clay is slow it suits patient, powerful and consistent players (Spaniards and the south Americans)

North

few days ago watching one of Federer’s matches me and few mate were discussion about starting a Junior tennis academy back home (Bosaso), so I reckon you Burcawis should do the same we’d have a inter-city rivalry thingy happening, what do you say

18_3_204.gif