Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

SOL Editorial?

Xiinoow, I did many years ago. Still think about it every now and then. We have stayed away from news and opinions for many years but that is something we would eventually try to experiment. That is only after we allocate enough "time" to finish off few other mini-projects we've had on the table for quite sometime.

Shoot me a pm Awoowe.

So how would one come up with one?

SOL is not a news site; SOL is a forum, a discussion board. Already some are accusing it being leaning to one side or to another, all unfounded accusations. However, the moment SOL makes editorial [or the leader as our fellow forumers in UK might call it], then all accusations would be fired from left, right, down and above.

And if it was done from the benefit of all, as a board consisting from all sides, then I don't foresee how four-sides of Oodweyne, Duke, Kashafa and Juuje [and they are only listed for example's sake] would agree of anything in Soomaali politics. If these four fellow forumers were members of SOL's editorial board and can come up weekly, centric point of view with an official site's stance of a collaborated writing form in agreement [or not], then it can be done. Otherwise...

Enlightened men should sit on the board of SOL Editorial, yaa Miskiin. The four men you named are unqualified on the bases of their inability to compromise (in Kashafa’s case) OR shed their clannish interest for the common good.

I would suggest brother Nur to sit on SOL’s board! When the time comes and you guys are ready, I will volunteer few nomads as well.

Why don't you volunteer yourself, Xiimaayoow? I mean to lead that editorial board itself. Name your fellow members of the group that you find decent and are not blinded or shackled with some ideology -- be it clan, group, et cetera -- people in any given agreement. Then SOL members' will vote to approve. It will be a yearly basis and will rotate.

What do you think?

N.O.R.F   

^^Isseh is the most objective man on these boards and must be included. I don't mind having a dabble as well :D

this group, i call them fatadug layaasha...no xalimoos included...lool...pure discrimination...

i would vote for KK.lol. now she can whip some butt.

Ibtisam   

I demand you nominate at least one sister. There are at least 3/4 sisters who come on this section with perfectly good points and balanced view! Who are certainly more respectable and articulate then many of the men here, I demand they are given their share.

Marginalising and freezing out 55% of the populations brain capacity will always be Somali's downfall. :cool:

Paragon   

^Haye smile.gif .

Guys (Laba-xiniinyood iyo Northerner), thanks but no thanks. I have decided to limit myself in the politics section for sometime.

Besides I have suggested this very idea almost 4 years ago , when I was in the right state of mind to contribue, but now it comes as too little too late. For me, that is.

Having said so, I am sure I will have a blast reading expressed ideas, which is what I do currently.