Sign in to follow this  
nuune

SomaliLand should be recognised

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Rather than hedge your bets on a far-fetched dream, you should instead work to positively channel Somali's love for his clan.

For the first time in my life and probably the last time, I see eye to eye with Socod Badne.

Islam will takeover somali when clannish fiends who was a former druglord is not promoted rather then demoted.

Taliban   

Embrace Islam? Somalis embrace only one thing and that's their clan. Nothing can come between Somali and his clan.

Incorrect. For the first time since the colonization of Somalia, Somalis embraced Islam thanks to the ICU. They have witnessed what Islam can offer them; dignity, honor, equality, security, trust, peace, brotherhood, iwm. Unfortunately, clanism is once again back, thanks to the clan president and his transitional foreign government.

Xoogsade   

^Wake up man! Embrace Islam? Somalis embrace only one thing and that's their clan. Nothing can come between Somali and his clan. Islam comes distant 125. It's been that way for ages, by the look of things now it's going to remain that way for long time to come. Rather than hedge your bets on a far-fetched dream, you should instead work to positively channel Somali's love for his clan.

Actually Socod-badne, I thought it was far fetched dream to see somalis unite under islamic platform. Out of nowhere came the ICU who pacified muqdisho and tamed the clans. The hate among cousins was gone, devisions were gone. They didn't have to collect guns to secure the city. Justice prevailed. For the first time over a decade, law and order was introduced into a wild city whose kids grew up with no law and order. The same is possible on a greater scale. It is not a dream but a real possibility provided those who claim to be muslims act on their beliefs and show they trully are believers.

Taako Man

You seem insensed by the word islam itself. Islam doesn't belong to anyone but to Allah almighty. Your agreement with Socod-Badne proves to me the little faith you have in islam not only as a perfect religion capable of transforming troubled people into law abiding citizens but that you prefer your clan gods to the omnipotent as well.

Allah's prophet advised muslims to leave the clanism alone because it was putrid. It is referred to as pre-islamic practice of hatred and savagery and you believe that it can be used in place of islam. Sorry, but you are as usual, A LOSER.

It is either islam or you leave other somalis alone.

Kashafa   

marka “Somalis” used to have “dignity, sharaf, cizzo” when they were massacring ppl cause of clan affliation and gang raping muslim women? I say the so called sharaf u talk about was lost long time ago

No, back then, and way before that too, "Somalis" were animals. Just like Adeer Yey, Adeer Waraabe, Adeer Barre, and Adeer Aideed, to name a few animals. Clan-worship automatically puts you on equal footing with a beast. Hence, the killing, the rape, the shelling, the bombardment, and the genocide.

But Somalis all around the world had the highest level of "dignity, sharaf, and cizzo" when the ICU-'crooks' were in power. 6 months of security and stability in the hell-hole called Moga. 6 months of Sharia-in-action. 6 months of what immense change Islam can affect in a war-torn qabil-ridden society.

But all of that is null and void because of a drug baron-turned ICU ally-turned CIA agent Indhocade. Gotta love that logic.

I see a soul torn between his Islamic principles and clan influence. Kuwaan kale oo macsharal traitors waa garanay, they simply have no use for Islam. What's ur excuse ? I-was-expecting-Sahaba-calibre-people-and-they-weren't-perfect-enough doesn't cut it. Adeer Yey won't help you in the Hereafter, marka macalinka , don't cross over to the Dark Side. May the Salaams be with you :D

ask yourself why? no good reason to do so correct! its like split milik. can you think of anything good thing that came out of somaliland for the last 20yrs while they were beating their head against the rock?? i rest my case.

N.O.R.F   

The same people who have been shouting ‘somalinimo’ brought the Xabashi’s to kill the Somalis. The same people who were shouting ‘somalinimo’ are today talking of negotiating with SL. The same people who were shouting ‘somalinimo’ are being encouraged to strike a deal with SL (by the Xabashis). The same people who were shouting ‘somalinimo’ may by the end of this year see Ethiopia be the first to recognise SL.

It will be an interesting year to say the least.

so brotha northern, ethio recognition of sl, is that something sl should be proud of? or even U? i wont. that will put sl in the hall of somali shame!!

how low will the somali proud ppl will stoup 2?? whadda a shame. :eek: :eek:

Kashafa   

^^ You didn't understand him, rudy. North is showing the irony at work here: The champions of secular Somaliweyn, who have done the unthinkable by bringing in the Tikrey boys to do the job they were too weak to do, are now gonna have to sit back and swallow the sight of an Etho-recognised SL. To add insult to their injury, they may be ordered to recognise their fellow dhab-dhilif Riyaale's government. Mission accomplished: Somalia dismembered.

Secular Somaliweyn is a myth. If there's one idea that will unite(correction: has united) the Somalis scattered across East Africa, it's an Islamic state in the horn of Africa. Till then, g'luck with the various futile -isms.

N.O.R.F   

^^The irony of it indeed. Worse thing is ya Kashafa, they actually think the Ethios are here for the benefit of Somalis and Somalia.

The only threat to SL was the ICU (however imperfect they were) and a welcome threat at that. Many people (including myself) took to them and the idea of an Islamic Republic of Somalia (in all its pure glory, with rightly guided leaders). It is something one cannot go against.

SL's recognition has gained strength and not weakness as some Xabashi lovers would make you think.

i tellya that will be tough to swallow! not even britney spears will swallow that can of a load!! and she done quite a few!

i just hope ineey ku margan!! that ethio recognition thing cuz thats quite a load. :eek:

u have no idea what i have in mind when i get there tomorrow! i will be doing my jamaican thing! lool

anyway, i feel your pain. however, sland had its chance n lost it. dontchya its time to boot the Riyaale nonsense and come back home!! u know u folks are always well come since u balance the wt!!

yo northern check this song out!! i know this is how u feel! but its just lil blues.

:D a broken heart can always be repaired with lil tlc.

http://www.sclub19.com/music/song.php?id=466

Xoogsade   

Well said Northerner and Kashafa. The same hypocrites who were cheering for Xabashis are now calling for Unity. Kuwaan saxan xataa wax in lagula cuno ma ahan iskaba dhaaf waddan in lala qeebsado. History will be harsh to these bigots.