Sign in to follow this  
QabiilDiid

SOMALILAND: END OF THE ROAD TO SECESSION

me   

Originally posted by Thierry:

Me do not underestimate the will of the people after all we do not have East Pakistan anymore

This is not East Pakistan, there are stakeholders here, who are being pushed into secession against their will. So you look at it how you want but I don't see any easy solutions.

The secessionists have to come to the negotiating table sooner or later ......UDI my behind :D

Thierry.   

Slash irrespective of whether nation is homogenous I showed you that with the right pressure a country can break up.

Me would you agree with Somaliland seceding if they did not intend to take Sool and Saanag with them. you have to understand that there were does who wanted to stay with Pakistan instead of joining the new Bangladesh, everywhere you go you will find people for or against an entity how ever it is the strength of the majority that matters. .

Believe you me it is not easy to secede in this day and

Anyhow we have bigger fish to fry at the moment, peace and stability must be attained in the south before negotiations can ever take place with Somaliland, so be patient lads

me   

Originally posted by Thierry:

Slash irrespective of whether nation is homogenous I showed you that with the right pressure a country can break up.

Me would you agree with Somaliland seceding if they did not intend to take Sool and Saanag with them. you have to understand that there were does who wanted to stay with Pakistan instead of joining the new Bangladesh, everywhere you go you will find people for or against an entity how ever it is the strength of the majority that matters. .

Anyhow we have bigger fish to fry at the moment, peace and stability must be attained in the south before negotiations can ever take place with Somaliland, so be patient lads

Thiery I speak for my own person when I say this will not happen and if it happens I will make my life goal to bring the entity back to where it belongs. Whether the secessionists want to incorporate the SSC or not, I don't agree with secession.

Secondly there is no majority in Somalia; there are clans and alliances. What may seem, as majority today, will be fragmented tomorrow.

The bigger fish is not in the south or Ethiopia; it’s in the Somali psyche. The Somali problem has no geography. It has a psychology.

Somalia lama kala goynayo, because some khat crazed lunatic told g8uilable folks that all their problems would be solved if they secede. What they don't realize is that they will make their problems worse, if they secede.

Anyhow my stand is clear, Somalia will only regain territories, and Somalia will not loose territories.

Originally posted by S Slash:

T Henry, What is the will of the people you talking about? You seem to be ignoring other sections (stake holders) in that regions who are not in favour for secession. And Re. East Pakistan, the only things I can mention that East Pakistan and Pakistan were in common was religion, Islam. Note that they do have different languages, customs, even appearance. So now tell me any unsimilarities between the South Somalia and North Somalia that we can consider them different.
smile.gif

I thought Islam was THE main argument to stay together? Ohh well..slash that. We still have the same language and so on, and if that was taken away..we still have similar culture to stay together.

Originally posted by me:

quote:Originally posted by Thierry:

Me do not underestimate the will of the people after all we do not have East Pakistan anymore

This is not East Pakistan, there are stakeholders here, who are being pushed into secession against their will. So you look at it how you want but I don't see any easy solutions.

The secessionists have to come to the negotiating table sooner or later ......UDI my behind
:D
I support the call for referendum in Sool and Sanaag..Do you? The Secessionist got nothing to worry about.

Originally posted by me:

quote:Originally posted by Thierry:

Thiery I speak for my own person when I say this will not happen and if it happens I will make my life goal to bring the entity back to where it belongs. Whether the secessionists want to incorporate the SSC or not, I don't agree with secession.

And SL will make their life goal to hold onto Sool and Sanaag so they be part of SL where they belong historically..They can argue that. No negotiation...So where is this talk heading to?

me   

Guess :D

ps. SSC or no SSC, Somali unity is not negotiable for me. So whather the secessionists hold on to Sool or Sanaag doesn't matter.

me   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

quote:Originally posted by me:

No referendum at all and especially not under the current circumstances.

So scared huh ??
Somalia is not ready for a referendum today. There has to be a period of peace before the people can make their choice. The people are not ready to make an informed choice today. All sides should get the chance to present their case inform of the Somali nation before such a referendum can be held.

This referendum has to be a nationwide referendum, since all Somalis in the republic are stakeholders in this issue. We have to wait for peace and stability in all of Somalia before such a referendum can be held.

Originally posted by me:

Guess

ps. SSC or no SSC, Somali unity is not negotiable for me. So whather the secessionists hold on to Sool or Sanaag doesn't matter.

Vice Versa..Not negotiable when it comes unity back with Somalia SL will argue you that. Of course you seem to think you hold the answer when you don't.