Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

RIS: Dec. 24-26th. TORONTO

Khayr   

Go their site (conference site) and read what it says about if u 'want to attend' the conference

then you will understand what I wrote.

Fi Amanilllah

Wiilo   

Qac Qaac INS ta aaba dhib keentay so waaba dhib in qof baxo...............

Go figure:.................

Oh Boy...the program is now available to view :D Such wonderful topics, all in the honor of the Prophet (SAW).

PROGRAM

I don't know about y'all but I can't wait for the convention. Although I love to see many muslims congregating for the pleasure of Allah, I can't really stand crowded gatherings. But hopefully it will be as delightful as last year's.

So who's officially going?

p.s. if you don't for whatever reason register on time, don't be discouraged to come. I heard through the gravevine that they won't turn people away.

Wilo, Canada is a hassle-free country to get into. We don't have a No Fly List or conduct a racial/relious profiling.

Oh how I love Canada.

exactly what takes place at these "conventions"? it sounds good and inviting, bt im just curious how it takes place. is there a theme? like what all the speakers will talk about? does the ticket include all three days or one of the three and are all days dedicated to the same topics/speakers? im curious, insha allah ill come next year.

Somalien, if you follow the link you can get a better idea of the convention ie. this year's theme, location, speakers (with their pics), program scheduling etc.

Also the tickets include for all three days.

This is the 3rd annual of this convention....the first year (bad weather couldn't make it) only drew about 3,500 ppl, last year over 10,000...maybe this year will be close to the annual ISNA-chicago attendance....30,000?..hence why they picked Skydome. I guess good word travels fast.

Hope that helped.

Pacifist   

:(:(:(

Walahi i wish i could come Sheikh abdulahi Hakim Quick i swear he gives me the shivers when ever he speaks. He is my favorite...I love they way he makes his dawa.. he understands youth today. I remember one dawa he made and he was talking about eminem the rapper...

Iman Zaid Shakir, Siraj Wahhaj and Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and the beloved Sami yusuf.........................

I envy all of you..... :(:(

I wish i could come inshallah next time

al-Hamdu-Lillaahi Rabbil-'Aalameen was-Salaatu was-Salaamu 'alaa

Ashrafil-Anbiyaa’e wal-Mursaleen, wa ba'd

Ajeeb my high school buddy is one of the organizers....

So who needs free tickets!!!

x_quizit   

The 3rd annual "Reviving the Islamic spirit" conference, was a great success. Over 13,000-15 000 ppl from all over canada and the states, have gathered to honor and learn about the legacy of the Prophet, (s.a.w.), a great and worthy experience.

Personally it has revived my spirit, reawakened my committment to my faith, and I congratulate the youth for putting the conference together in order to unite the ummah.

All the speakers were great, and my favorites were Dr. Tareq Suwaidan, Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, Imam Zaid Shakir, Dr, Zakir Naik, Imam Mokhtar, Imam Abdullah Hakim Quick, Suliman Mulla, Bilal Philips, Sami Yusuf, and Qari Haseen Rasool, who has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard, performing the Adhaan, on Friday i believe.

For those of you who couldn't make it, I'd like to share the most touching and memorable moments for me in the conference.

Dr. Tareq Suwaidan-"Gender Bias or gender balance" lecture dispelled a lot of myths and misunderstanding ppl have about Islam. He used the quran and hadiths to prove his points, and encouraged all to not take things out of context, such as a woman's inheritance being half of a man's-he said that only happens on certain occasions, but there may be time she gets more, or less, and that there are 19 other ways (those who took notes can expand on that)....as for a needing 2 women to make the witness of one man, that is only for financial matters, since it has been proven by science women tend to be weaker in math and stronger in humanities, but he also stressed, if there was a woman who was great in math, but the man was weak, her witness would be taken and not his....so therefore its gender balance and all is done for a reason... he also talked about the treatment of wives, how just as the Prophet, (saw), consulted his wives, so should all, and treat them with the kindness they deserve. The issue of beating, according to Dr. Tareq, was unislamic, because the word "edribohon" used in the quran has 3 meanings in arabic, and any issue that scholars disagree on, they must then look to the Prophet (saw) ways, and not once has he ever beaten any of his wives, in fact, when nothing worked to discipline them, such as 1-admonishing them, 2-leaving their beds, finally, he just left the house...and that should be a great lesson to all, and will indeed cut down domestic violence if we follow the sunnah. Dr. Tareq also called for women to take on leadership positions, how the issue of voting was a non issue since women back then have always voted-example-when ppl had to choose btwn Uthman and Ali, a man went to every door, asked all men and women, for who they wanted, so he admonished his native Kuwait and Saudi Arabia for holding back women and their rights that Islam has long ago granted.

Imam Zaid Shakir, as always was great and what stood out for me in his lecture is when he said, (i think it was him)....instead of praying to God that the unbelievers go to hell, let's pray for their guidance, because if we look, some of the great men we look up to today, such as Omar, the 2nd Caliph, hated Islam before Allah guided him to the true path...

Dr. Zaid Naik, was an unbelievable memory machine...his lecture on the prophecies that were told in all the great books, including Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, etc...all profecied the coming of the Prophet, peace be upon him...and he also gave every verse, book, chapter, all from the top of his head, and the crowd and the other shaykhs were amazed...someone asked him how he was able to retain all those infos from all those different religions and he informed us he went into training and that anyone can do it...gives great hopes to all of us to one day possess one 10th of his memory...

Imam Mokhtar lecture on the last day, the day the Prophet, (saw) passed away, was so moving, brought tears not only to his eyes but also the crowd. His gentle ways of presenting the life and death of the Prophet (saw) was with such love and devotion inspired one and all.

p.s.-on the second day of the 3 day conference, on christmas day, a young lady decided to become a muslim and take the shahada in front of all, after listening to all the speakers messages about Islam, a religion of peace, justice, unity.

Peace

Khayr   

Salaamz,

This is soundinggg moreee and moreee

like an EVANGLICAL or a UNITED NATIONS gatheringgg.

Also, sounds like these speakers are more and more

trying to accomodate to their 'MODERN' 'PRO-GENDER EQUALITY' 'PRO-LIBERALISM' crowd.

Compromise is the STYLE of the day.

The speechs, tones, themes, crowds (less Takbeers and more clapping (oops Hamza Yusuf said Takbeer is a Bidda, lots all Clap!) :rolleyes: have changed greatly.

By the way, what does someone like IMRAN KHAN,

have to contribute to a MUSLIM CONVENTION? :confused:

Fi Amanillah

Bismillah

subhanaalllah out of all the speakers mashallah i have to give respect to Mr Quick,

Allah guide Dr Sawaidan what the hell is he talking about, everything he said is not found in any of hadith book, and Allah used the word "beat", and the messenger of Allah gave conditions, for example, the beating...should not cause the flesh to bruise, and that you should use a stick as big as a Miswak if you are compelled to hit... also as for Voting, Before Umar Died he about 6 man, those who were guaranteed jannah were only allowed to vote between Uthan and Ali... and they were all man...

and they call him A Dr. Allahu musta'an...

I was expecting Hamza Yusef to do some Crazy Sufi Dance(lol)...disappointing really....

Crazy IKhwani Muslimeen, they will do anything for called Unity, even distort the Sunnah, to please their fans....

Oh by the way Dawud Adib was also in Toronto, and i happend to see him, mashallah, he gave a three day lecture on "how to create a perfect family" Wallahi the best Lecture i have heard in years, i love that man... may Allah perserve him...