Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

War is not the Answer

Geedid.....So, Ina Abdulle, Barre, Dafle, all came from one ethnic, and screwed somalis including their own people. Does dat justify wat happened in mogadisho...SXB, you can't condenm the tragedies in Hargesya, and then go on to say those who died in Xamar deserved simply by virtue of their Qabiil.

If the tragedies of Xamar 91 extinguished anything, it extinguished the the belief that one qabiil can't dominate da other.One would think da boys in Hargesya would understand that considering their history. Here is a simple fact Las Anod doesn't share the dreams of Hargeysa, and no can force da hargeysa's ideology onto da people. If you ask me if anything needs to be extinguished anywhere, It should be in Hargesya. I guess da folks there is still high on (supposed) SNM invicibility. Riyaale might as well make himself da new barre, n da good folks of SSH will be new SNM ;) .

Later Yaar

Sophist   

Sophist Said

Si kastaba xaaladu hanoqotee, dagaal dhacaya ma uu jiro. Waxaan goolaaftan ayaa layiraahdaa. Fu'aad ilama aha inuu leeyahay xiniinyo uu kudagaal galo. Markii ilaadeeradii lagu diley Sanaag ee SNM laayeen, xamar ayuu khamriga iyo Jaadka ku jalabudayey-- marka ma haduu xiniinyo soo iibdadey waaba yaab eh?

Its so unfair when everone cries VICTIM...even worse when the perpetrator screams victim......

And Who was the Victim?

Fardo la isugu joogo maxaa la isaga faanin?

Correction Fardo leysku hayo maxaa leysku Faniin [/QB]

Ma haad keentey inaad Aniga Soomaliga igu qabsatid ina hooyo? Adeeer Nugaal ayaan ka imi oo ugu fardo badan Soomaliya, marka hade la isku joogo riwaayada ah ayaa sax ah!. Bal aan kugu qabsado markaad lo'da ama qaadka ka maahmaahdid smile.gif !

Thus Spake I

AYOUB   

Originally by Samurai

Gediid – Electoral resolve - One man one vote - proposed in 2000, abandoned by the late Igal, but still doable though the doctrine of “majority wins” is not quite applicable to nomads, for if one loses by majority vote, one never accepts the results. Who and how would this be enforced?

The negotiations for the wording of a referendum would be too coplicated and accepting the results would be very difficult for defeated parties. Would the options for example be A-Xamar B-Garoowe C- Hargeisa etc. Would this election be on who gets 'State' , districs, towns or village basis? What if A-Xamar gets some of the towns in the middle?

Another stumbling-block would be how do decide who gets the un inahabited lands, trees and stones cant vote!!!

As a Somalilander who has relatives both in Djibouti and Ethiopia why should I accept 'one man one vote' on one border while I get nothing in return from the other two?

Lastly no 'voting' should take place without the official tearing of the defunct 'Union Agreements' if there was one.

There more questions but thats it for now.

Originally by Lander

War has devastating effects, and it is often fruitless but I am not of those pacifist who will go so far as saying it is NEVER a solution. Sometimes in is the only solution.

Lander I think Riyaale has more than two (pacifism and war) options to deal with the situation. He can can isolate the Puntaland Malitia (or as they call them Police) till they are home-sick while securing the rest of the Somaliland borders. If Col Yusuf has the guts to fight 'outdoors' then he should stop SL army from doing this. Another important thing Riyaale needs to do is do more to win the hearts and minds of people who are from the aerias within Somaliland who are not happy about his administration. He can start by doing more to help those suffering the draughts and dealing and making concession to elders and not to the malitias. War in Las Caanod is not the option atleast as thing stand.

India   

Orininally by Samuria Warrior:

"

Do remember though whilst we may seek mature resolve and cultivate grassroots support for it, it does not mean the Dervishes will not slap you black and blue."

Tell me dear uncle how this small militia:

http://www.daljir.com/images/daraawiishta/cidangar1.jpg

http://www.daljir.com/images/daraawiishta/cidangar.jpg

http://www.daljir.com/images/daraawiishta/taliska.jpg

http://www.daljir.com/images/daraawiishta/cidan.jpg

Are going to do anythin against these Mujahidins: http://www.togdheer.com/somaliland/ciidan08.shtml

http://www.togdheer.com/somaliland/ciidan06.shtml

http://www.togdheer.com/somaliland/ciidan02.shtml

http://www.togdheer.com/somaliland/ciidan04.shtml

http://www.togdheer.com/somaliland/ciidan07.shtml

Please uncle enough the empty Rhetoric’s .

Lastly some once said "ilowsha dhawaa Janwentu ma umulba" point being we have kicked the azzes of worse agressors dont think it wont take but a second to take out a coward like A Yusuf and his bandits.

Laters

Dusty

Oh Angel dear – Now I am not one to brag but just watch this video clip of the Dervishes in base 54 in Nugaal. http://www.radiogalkayo.com/videoclips/drawiishta_puntland.rm

Remember these are still recruits! You have not seen the likes of Carays, Goraya Cawl, ina Ali Shire, Saed Dheere and the likes in full display. I would have shown you, but I do not think you have got the stomach for it! Do you still wish to chat dear?

Besides it is the police that will do the job whilst the Dervishes shall remain at their base.

Furthermore, what is astounding is how the likes of Ayoub quoting his rather limpy compatriot LANDER listen to the fallacious drivel from inaAdam Ade that Puntland police (not Dervishes mind you) are only interested in engaging urban warfare.

From a historical perspective one would observe unless one desires to confine one’s recollection to the 21st century that never had any of the cities in Puntland experienced urban combat; in fact the last two brief encounters ‘ween the SSDF and Alitiahd and Dervishes against Alitihad/Arte sympathisers took place in the wilderness. While such encounters are not something to be proud of; however, it is noteworthy that none of the major cities were affected in any way. Dhudo and Qayaadsame are both in the mountainous terrain of Bari region. Note major cities Qardho, Carmo and Bosaso were not impacted in the least bit.

On the other hand, we all know what did happen in Burco, Hargeysa and Berbera all of which bear the scars of dire rural warfare courtesy of the suicidal SNM liberators against the genocidal Barre army forces. The rest of Somalia is out of the equation.

Now would someone tell me why would the like of LANDER and Ayoub regurgitate the claptrap spewing out of the drunken lungs of inaAdde when facts indicate otherwise? Or is it the lads from Northwest read NOT, but only hear? In this 21st century, it cannot be?

Cheers.

Sophist   

War ileen tanoo kale!

War maandhooyin maad dhibka dhaaftaan! Mid walba intuu cereal ka dhergey ayuu computerka kudaacdaacayaa!

War dhiig muslim naar uun buu idin galin ee rabi kacabsada.

India   

Allah Uncle Samuria

can you and country me even count???? I can only see few dozen heads. Reminds me of this entry by non other than your Protégé Guraad:

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=001112

In which he claimed that thousands turned up for a supposed demonstartion----yet the head count debicted didnt even make ten--CAAJIIB!

Now dearest uncle --I do care to chat! Tell me: do you know the diff between Mujahid and Militia----and do you remember what happened to Barre and his forces (crushed is understatement mate) and where is Somaliland today??? Is it not the core of your envy and squimish cries???

Fadeeh walah! Lastly I would like to leave you with this "Biyo ka badan iyo fara ka badan bay way kuqdan" Law of probablity in English mate no need to bring the forces in to this ---.

Akhirin: : Baby boy I am a Duriya-- Lately u seem to forget that and forget your place in my presence! Perhaps high time you sat down ;)

Dusty:

Nothing

But

SNM LOVE

Dear Sophist - While I wholeheartedly agree with “Dhiig Muslim” and the cereal business, there really must be a clear understanding on the part of our fellow countrymen in Hargeisa that talk is cheap, and that the gigantic “Somaliland National Army” (beautiful ring to it, do not you reckon? with Mujaahid Riyaale the Commander in Chief), are in for a stun if encountered by the “tiny” Dervishes.

Oh Angel - may I suggest you see the whole clip dear?

I knew you only hear selectively, but did not realise you cannot see?

As my friend used say “Boowe aa la tahay”.

Maandhe – sal fudayd waa kii Somali idinka saaray dharaar cad e, bal yarahe u caga dhig!

I would have given you a history lesson on “places” and “presence” but you are tooooo young for that, thus shall not bother. Besides, I always stand up in the presence of the Somali ladies.

Quote" Akhirin: : Baby boy I am a Duriya-- Lately u seem to forget that and forget your place in my presence! Perhaps high time you sat down"

Cheers.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Samurai

On the Somaliland camp – the case here for the colonial demarcation, which is disguised in historical and customary affiliation, of the Somali territories has many a times been made. Both are challenged with vehemence in that colonialism is said not to constitute historical affiliation as much as customary association is never a substitute for birth and blood correlative bond - that of the Somalis and Somalia.

Samurai, if the the real reason for the Puntland malitia sneaking into Las Caanod were the ones you have given, they would have crossed the other colonial border and go to Ethiopia to help the ONLF fight the Ethios. It is also debatable where the real 'birth and blood bond' lies if you take into question the 'cross breeding' that has taken place in Sool and Sanaag.

Originally posted by Samurai

Somaliland’s elites (and not leadership) ought to abandon the secessionist strategies and pursue either confederate (unlikely at the moment) or federal (highly likely) union with the rest of Somalia,

Lets for pretend for one moment the above becomes real, and Puntland is a single clan 'State' in this 'Somali Federation'. What would be the fate of the other members of this clan that rules Puntland State who at the moment live as minorities in other parts of Somalia? Will they be sent to Puntland or would they live as outsiders with no voice.

Ayoub – You are forgetting that Somalis in the “Ethiopian Somali State – aka Og....nia" never gained their independence, were never a part to the Somali republic, did not participate in the creation of Puntland, and as much as they do share ancestral bond with the people of Puntland, and as unfortunate as it is that region of Somalia falls under foreign occupation, thus the similarities end there. Intermarriage amongst Somalis is not a new phenomenon, hence makes the case for civil co-existence between communities – more the reason to reconsider the break-up, would not you say?

See if you could be more specific for the second question for a rational answer? If you are referring to Kismayo, actually they are not a minority; in fact people of Puntland make up a handsome majority in that region. Besides, Somalis under federal rule – a reality mind you – could reside, live and excavate wherever in Somalia that takes their fancy. After all, they shall be no border, rather autonomous local configuration that shall have to be agreed upon. No force. No one is to say that the problems of Somalia could be resolved so easily, if so we would not have seen a decade of mindless marauding.

Che-G “useless rhetoric” I think not mate. I am only entertaining my fellow countrymen, the nomad fashion - with a dagger in one hand and a “shaal” in another at the same time.

Cheers.

Gabbal   

with a dagger in one hand and a “shaal” in another at the same time

Sometimes the shaal doesn't make up for the dagger, sxb.