Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

Sub-land adminstrations (Puntland and Somaliland) should be abandoned and ridiculed

Xudeedi   

Sublands in Somalia are threat to our unity. They are divisive and destructive and can easily be manipulated by neighbouring enemies who see this as opportunity to further divide Somalia forever. Sublands encumber political reconciliations, centralized government, and promote hostility on border issues. They invariably make mockery of each others' existance and pits one sub-clan against another. We should rally for a government that unites Somalia and that is not built on tribalistic Constitution, nor accepts the existance of clannish adminstrations under Federalism.

The Sub-lands Revisited —another telltale of disintegration

The formation of sub-states (i.e. Puntland and Somaliland) along clan lines has represented another development in the ongoing process of disintegration of the old state. There have been other sub-lands in the making—i.e. Juba-land, Hiiran-land, and Central-land but which have not yet materialized. “Puntland”, it seems, had followed the footsteps of “Somaliland” before it, as far as structure and source of legitimacy go, and has represented the manifestation of the failure of the international approach towards reconciliation. As well as being a means for political survival on the part of the elite as they waited for that government which they would nationally impose from the top—Boos-celis for some, to use a familiar Somali phrase—the sub-lands have, at best, and in essence, been a corruption of terms such as the “bottom-up approach”, “governance at grass roots level” and “decentralization”—I should add. These sub-states are fashioned after the parent Somali Republic of the past by the same clan-conscious elite of the failed Republic. More recently these have been wrongly proposed as sub-denominations of a FederalState.

These sub-states have been designed in the form of rogue mini-states by the same agents of old to reproduce the same past structures and political culture of that failed State. Far from meaning self-governance or a bottom-up approach to nation building, as is claimed by their advocates, the phenomenon implies government imposed from the top at the regional levels. The same military and political elite of the former despotic forms of Somali governments, who have failed to reconstitute government top-down fashion at the national level, seem to have imposed government on their respective clan denominations to demarcate their claimed boundaries of jurisdiction within the State. The proliferation of these sub-states—the sub-lands or sub-national entities, as a phenomenon—will not only prolong the stagnation and political stalemate experienced through-out, but will also deepen the extent of division and conflict between and within communities at local levels beyond easy repair.

“Somaliland” and “Puntland” already have fundamental differences and are built on diametrically opposing orientations in terms of assumptions, theoretically speaking. Their boundaries have also been overlapping and their dispute over a large portion of territory may have been a blessing in disguise for the territorial integrity of Somalia, so far. “Somaliland” is built on the Type I assumptions above, and “Puntland” is built on Type II assumptions, for that matter. A resolution of the territorial dispute would substantiate one or the other assumption about the nature of disintegration, in terms of the types of assumptions mentioned above. For the time being though, and by the same token, the case for the sub-lands remains pending the process of disintegration taking its toll one way or the other. The irony is that the diametrically opposing presumptions on which the two sub-lands are founded make a mockery of their existence and, in the meantime, check the possibility of early disintegration either way.

http://www.wardheernews.com/Articles_06/march-06/21_Somali_distegration.AHirad.html

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Sharif_seylaci:

i hate unity with somalis i just dont i just see war happening over and over and over again

Think outside the box smile.gif

Xudeedi   

Dear me, Waa runtaa, Sabtu ma jirto laakin waxaa jira magaceeda iyo sheegsheegideeda. I am for totally a Somali republic ruled by the Sharia Law. In the long run, it will unite our people and terminate the existance of these sub states, which derive their nomenclatures from foreign words that are alien to our culture and dignity. It is like accepting John and David. They make no sense.

Waaheen   

"i hate unity with somalis i just dont i just see war happening over and over and over again"

What does he think he is? The funny thing these days are we have plenty among ourselves who hate the fact that they are Somalis. Blame Allah brother if you want to complain about it. Or better Pray to Allah, may be the Almighty will be sorry for you and reincarnate you as a Habashi or what ever you like to be.

Waaheen

me   

Maakhir smile.gif I agree with you on almost all your points but will the sharia that you are talking about be supported by the Somali Xeer? How about Somali Sharia that is made up by Sharia and Xeer.

The mini-states should disappear,they are a sickness that is undermining Somalia's health.

Ina Sacliicii iyo dhowr kale oo meeshan jooga waa Amxaaro kuwaas waxba ha weydiinina.

RedSea   

^lol.What I fail to realize time and again is this 'Somali Sharica' you run around with.

My friend Islamic Sharica is the way to go,if Somali xeer disapears as a result of implementing real Islami Sharica then be it.

You should be concerned whether or not that "Somali sharica/xeer" is in support of the Islamic Sharica or not,if it's not,then you can forget about it.

Ina Zaylici iyo kuwa aad sheegaysana fikradoohooda ayey dhiibtaan sida aad taada udhiibato,kamana Somalisanid hadaad mooday sidaad.Hadii aanad waxba kadhagaysan,dad ayaa jira wax kadhagaysta.Just so you know...

p.s,actually,Somaliland and Puntland have until recently been the two healthy areas in almost all Somali occupied territories.give the credit where it's due.

Xudeedi   

Me, Xeer infuses into the Sharia the old habit of Somalia's primitive nature. Although it can be used for mediation as a mechanism to solve problems locally, Sharia law is still the best method based on the justice of Allah that can unite Somalis and get rid of the old habits.

Biixi   

Why is it a bad thing if every tribe or groups of tribes choose to peacefully govern their own affairs in their own land?

me   

Originally posted by Maakhir:

Me, Xeer infuses into the Sharia the old habit of Somalia's primitive nature.

War naga tag, waxaad ku hadlaysid arag, dadkeena ayaad primitive ku sheegaysaa? Dhaqankaaga ayaad primitve ku sheegayaa. Adaa primitive ah, hadii aad saas ku fakaraysid.

Badacase, :D keep trying.

me   

Originally posted by Biixi:

Why is it a bad thing if every tribe or groups of tribes choose to peacefully govern their own affairs in their own land?

Somalis are one tribe so whats wrong with us governing our own affairs in OUR OWN land.