Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Sharif’s trip to MN was a success

--first off, no one protested the young president in fact the opposite was true; there was a traffic jam as people come out to see him speak. at his St. Paul hotel, the crowd was increasingly growing, and expected to grow until his departure.

his ministries were readily accessible, particularly Prof. Jurrile who was superbly articulate to remind people the stark humanitarian situation back home in his trademark professorial manner. for three days Somalis in MN had something bigger to talk about, and some of them asked deep and better questions or commented intelligently on the matters at hand.

most reasonable people came to realize that despite repeated lies and outright distortions, the Somali Sea was not sold, there is no rift between PM and president, the Jabbuuti deal does not contradict the interim agreement between tfg and pl, and that Ethiopia is not invited to invade the motherland.

he was humble; students saw him. families of mn boys saw him. elders saw him. muslim scholars had amble time to ask him hard questions and the naseexa went both ways. intellectuals and those in the academia saw him. even some ganacsatto guys wanting not to lose an important thought saw him and told the young president what was in their mind.

to be fair there are few people angry with the president. some for theological reasons, and some for petty reasons. But even those could not resist the temptation to see the big show at the U OF M.

some one spotted Gerenal Duke, and even Sh.Muse was there. Sharif was a uniter, not a divider

:D

some one spotted Gerenal Duke, and even Sh.Muse was there. Sharif was a uniter, not a divider

I guess you was not wearing your glasses for the love of Sharif Hotel. :D

^^He might have come to protest the selling of the sea but as nobody turned up for it, Duke ended up in the arena and quietly sat among the jubilant. The weather demanded it. it was little chilly out there.

This is one of the times I got jealous not residing in MN. Good for the Somalis in the twin cities to act respectfully and welcome Sh. Sharif. The majority are quietly rooting for the President to succeed.

kyz   

sharif is usless president' he is waste of time to be fair.I would have strrong shabab to lead this country instead of this weak and thouthles president . if shabaab takes over whole country the will ever run all the world lords and the secessiont in matter of days.

Paragon   

I listened to some parts of his address in Hiiraan Online.

My question is: WHEN IS HE COMING TO EUROPE ESPECIALLY TO LONDON? OR BIRMINGHAM?

Haatu   

^^^ I know. I'm itching to ask him what his strategy is on combating Shabab and rebuilding the army and when it will happen.

Jamaal11 awoowe, London should unite like MN did and demand the president to come

Duke, we appreciate the positive effect this president had on some cousins of ours. Omer Jamal might have been the most visible in that regard, but he was not alone.

lool@importance

He cheered for Sharif and welcomed him, as he ought to. He was not grieving in one of those tall buildings for something that was not meant to be.

Programmatic or sheer opportunism whichever it may be, Omer was not protesting this week.