Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Pictures of AU Summit. Somali flag was hoisted

I agree brother but this guys/countries send large and official delegations to attend this important meeting/conference! Atleast it the AU's headquarters they should acknowledge this countries delegations by welcoming them by hoisting their flags!

But the streets of Addis were decorated only by AU member states flags and that I find to be a good thing but the headquarters should hoist the flags of all the participiant parties!

What i'm wondering is when there is a EU summit or the other similar conferences, Africa do participate sometimes but never seen their flags hoisted ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

it should be equal at least ,,,,,,,,,

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Hmmm ... It wasn't there before?

Lol it was already there and nothing to be suprised about it but I was delighted to see it hoisted and flying with many other flags of Africa. It felt good for all of us esp when the news of its desecration is still reeling in our mind. The Somali flag is indeed the only

remaining symbol for the pride and identity of the

Somali people.

You wlc.

People put to much stock into flags, what i put stock in is results, man made results, the flag is only the symbol of the results of man made work. In the case of somalia, like th somali flag burning it is and was a man made distruction of nation that has brought somalia to this fact.

Fabregas   

Will Ethiopia and Kenya ask Somalia to remove the five points on the Somali star representing "N.F.D" and Zone 5 Ethiopia........

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Abu_Geeljire:

Will Ethiopia and Kenya ask Somalia to remove the five points on the Somali star representing "N.F.D" and Zone 5 Ethiopia........

The star symbol is unity. It might be subject to different interpretations. You can say it stands for territorial unification, unity by the people to end clan feuds and hostility, or unity in the sense of democratic principles and patriotism.

Our late PM Egal signed the Arusha Memorandum which gave away NFD, one of the reasons Bare hardly pursued this dream.