Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

What does Democracy Mean to You?

Now that you are - don't leave without footprints - Well what is your understanding of democracy? - please DO NO Cut & Paste of what other people think about the subject - i just want the simple nomads here to tell their side.

^^Please clarify your question! When you say democracy, do you mean deMOBCRAZY, where decisions are not based on merit, but majority.

Just because a majority agree to do something, does not make them right.

I'll will give you an example saaxiib. Imagine that one day, Sayid*Somal, dhulQarnayn and 3 other horny SOLers like [_____],[____],[____](fill in the blank, idinkaa is yaqaanee!) smile.gif ...were to meet a sexy xalimo, and Sayid*Somal suggested that we RAPE the poor girl. But ofcourse, dhulQarnayn being the calmest of them all, refuses. But then Sayid*Somal says to hell with dhulQarnayn, lets all VOTE on it. They vote... 3 say-RAPE the girl and 2 say- DON'T! In this scenario, the guys who wish to rape the girl have won. They may not be right, but nonetherless they have won the vote and so poor xaliimo(ilahay xa u naxariisto), gets nailed. :(

So saaxiib, that kind of democracy, which is commonly practiced in the west, is Xaraam in my opinion. It legitimizes mob behavior and provides every dimwit a chance to affect the affairs of the people. NOT COOL!

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of Somalia

^^^Have you ever being slapped - or punched or kicked, stabbed, slashed, grazzed, stampped, and lastly but not the least painful; shot

and after all that - then had your mouth washed with saop?

BTW- the question is What does the word democracy mean to you?

DdhulQarnayn,

is u not fasting? to say what u wrote is revolting would be understatement, how dare did u manage to smuggle such words here?

Ps. I love the part about deMOBCRAZY, nice :D but shame on u

Cara.   

Dhulqarnayn, if you're going to set up a silly air-headed argument like that, at least go on and give us the lecture about what a republic is. You know you want to icon_razz.gif

Oh, and look up "Bill of Rights" while you're at it, since apparently you've never heard of it. It's gonna knock your socks off!

Sayid_Somal, why don't you tell us what democracy means to you? On second thought, don't. No more talk out of you. I hereby appoint myself your queen and you must do as I say. Now go to Dhulqarnayn and apologize to him for your temerity, after which you will be his servant for 1 year and do his every bidding until he has forgiven you.

That's an order :D

Cige   

Demacratic = someone can do whatever he/she likes as long as they're in their term in the office therefore, it's LEGAL CORRUPTION

ilax   

Democracy is avague to be defined. But, its good to be defined in the context. Bt, as you need in the context of nomad for me democracy is yaan la isku tashan.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by dhulQarnayn:

^^Please clarify your question! When you say democracy, do you mean deMOBCRAZY, where decisions are not based on merit, but majority.

Just because a majority agree to do something, does not make them right.

I'll will give you an example saaxiib. Imagine that one day, Sayid*Somal, dhulQarnayn and 3 other horny SOLers like [_____],[____],[____]
(fill in the blank, idinkaa is yaqaanee!)
smile.gif
...were to meet a sexy xalimo, and Sayid*Somal suggested that we RAPE the poor girl. But ofcourse, dhulQarnayn being the calmest of them all, refuses. But then Sayid*Somal says to hell with dhulQarnayn, lets all VOTE on it. They vote... 3 say-RAPE the girl and 2 say- DON'T! In this scenario, the guys who wish to rape the girl have won. They may not be right, but nonetherless they have won the vote and so poor xaliimo(ilahay xa u naxariisto), gets nailed.
:(

Dhulqarnayn is welcome to 'fight' and to die for his beliefs. In this case, what Dhulqarnayn has consented to by not fighting for what's right is the rule of ta majority. Subhanalah, ninku ma slave-nimaa loo abuuray, muu dagaalamo :confused: .

Anyways, let's see the alternative to your lame example.

- Dhulqarnayn, lets call him A, wants all the pretty girls in town to himself.

- Sayid*Somal and the other horny SOLers; B-Z want everyone to share the girls.

- A is in charge, so he kills B,C, and D as an example and the rest give their girls to him.

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

^^^Have you ever being slapped - or punched or kicked, stabbed, slashed, grazzed, stampped, and lastly but not the least painful; shot

and after all that - then
had your mouth washed with saop?

BTW- the question is What does the word
democracy
mean to
you?

ha ha ha...Saxiib Sayid, democracy means that dhulQarnayn will never tolerate the rape of innocent xalimos by the likes of Sayid*Somal and his three amigos. lol :D

Republic Of California

Originally posted by Cara:

Dhulqarnayn, if you're going to set up a silly air-headed argument like that, at least go on and give us the lecture about what a republic is. You know you want to
icon_razz.gif

Dear Cara,

I just want you to know that I'll always defend the republic and all its Xalimos. I gotz your back against all these SOL would be rapists. Expecially those getting angry on this thread. ;)

Republic Of Somalia

I dont think that we have in our language a somali word for democracy, however in the context of somali history I know it was common practice in the nomadic life, even in Islam whereby people used to sit down together (under the tree in our case) and to discuss their worldly affairs and settle their differences within the context of Islam. Unfortunately, there are people like DhulQarnayn who happened to be allergic to hearing the name "democracy" whithout thinking it further.

Originally posted by Cara:

Sayid_Somal, why don't you tell us what democracy means to you? On second thought, don't. No more talk out of you. I hereby appoint myself your queen and you must do as I say. Now go to Dhulqarnayn and apologize to him for your temerity, after which you will be his servant for 1 year and do his every bidding until he has forgiven you.

That's an order
:D

You are in no place to give me orders - for you'll find that I am your online husband :D - ask NGONGE - after all he was the one who gave me to you as part of peace agreement between me and the Northerns on SOL :cool:

As for what democracy means to mean - more than anything i associate democracy with pretext used (by western countries) to propagate a version of governing system and to subjugate other peoples and ways of governing especially Islamic i.e. the ways Allah - our creator wants to govern ourselves, which in my opinion majority of what is good about democracy is drawn from Islam and common sense anyway