Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Puntland Flag and Coat of Arms approved today by Legislative!

Originally by Kool_Kat: am feeling FiqiKhair's added touch to the new flag...Well done...

Indr, Thank you very much!

Coat of Arms

4208937224_a76dd8b194_o.gif

4208331123_da760a2fd1_o.gif

copyright to Horseedmedia.net (Also note in original coat only one spear, which points to the left which is golden.)

Also the buluugley or also called Calankii Cawaale was created by Maxamed Cawaale Liban who is the designer of the Somali Flag who recently passed away in Canada.

It is absolutely beautiful that our new State flag has the buluugley on top and I think it is a fab flag.

Ibtisam   

^^miles-militis: Dude it was never adopted as the national athem, though it played a major role in pre-independent years but it is not the Somali national athem. In any case he too was from Hargisa.

Now stop arguing just for the sake of it.

Ibtisam   

^^So we agree to what I said a page ago and you take back your thing about some guy from mudg or another. :rolleyes:

By the way, what is with the "We", adiga uu baan isu haadla.

Likewise, more reading never hurts anyone.

DUKE and Fiqi:

When promoting the new flag, what is with the confusion, is the new flag the one with the writting or the plain one? or the one with horses on the sides?

Baaye,

I am not agreeing to anything, and actually disagree with almost all you said, but you just told me to stop, so I stopped ;--) I could not possibly continue, could I?

We = Somali nationalists.

***Amazedly Surprised*** both Cawaales were from Qardho* - "Bela ka dhacday" as we say in qardho :D:D

waryadhee gabadha daaya - now that she knows reer are qardho original designers of somalinimo.

this is in reference fact that both Cawaales are the subjects of the king who resides in Qardho ;)icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Kuun-Kuun-Laminaa:

Ibtisam, people from the north are Somalis, and no problem with it if they designed the Somali flag or made the song. Besides, there are many Somalis from North clans of the SNM but still and passionately believe in Somaliweyn, Buuba is a great Somali politician, Hadraawi also Somalist poet and who can forget the great Abdulahi Suldan Timacadde's Kanna Siib kana saar, a powerful Somaliweyn poet.

Suldaan timme cade said in his poem

Aynu eegnu siidu yahay kana siib kana saar

Aynu eegnu siidu yahay , lets see how it is

Dee waanu eegnay wuxu noqday garbage

:D

Indeed we must let her be, but then again, she is a right doll with firebrand guts, and with a broom to match ;--)

S*S - Do not mention Qardho now, lest Ibtisam might choke herself ;--)

Ibtisam   

^^A doll, seriously? Is there a need? did I call you names?

Sayid: What is the significant of the other cawaale? and I already told you the flag man was not from Qardho (did Qardho even exist then toolow?)

Miles- it is a free forum walalo, feel free to make your points, valid or otherwise. You don't have to take orders :D

Loool @ Sayid, must I remind you that all this happened in Hargisa of all place- say something about Somalinimo now? icon_razz.gif . Too bad it did not happen in Burco- we would've had a funny story to go with it :D

LOOOOL @ Xajji- dhee waan eegey!! lol

Ibti, the flag in my signature without the writing is the Puntland state flag. The one with the writing is an addition by Fiqi. The horses are part of the Coat of Arms of the state..

Baaye,

That was a compliment, and if you find it offensive, mia culpa, and with it, I shall give 'xaal' with 100 geel ah.

And walaalo I know it is a free forum, but I recall your saying somewhere that reer Burco were masters of sense of humour ;--), thusly my dip for the 'stop' pun.

miles-militis - proper reer qardho - offend and then offer camels :D - boowe don't offend in the first place.

the flag was designed in qardho - then first illustrated at Xamar - then first raised at Hargaisa.

Qardho existed before hargaisa :D @X Xundhuf.

Timacade was reer Qardhood adeer, true unionist Allah ha u naxaristee.

Ibtisam   

Sheeko markey gaado Timacaade was from Qardho is when I quit this madness of talking to reer Qardho before they say Ibtisam is from Qardho.

Have fun boys, I'm out.

Duke thanks, fiqi is confusing everyone with his variations.

What else could one do should one is caught with one's hand in the cookie jar ;--); besides, it was meant to be a compliment, and now we are in trouble,

The beauty of the flag is in its Somaliness, without any regard for claims of ownership and/or originality, but the minute the discussion descends into that sphere, it looses its Somaliness and becomes a Somali.

Till then,