Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

New Puntland state flag: : Is it stolen?

RedSea   

The new Buntland state flag:

18039_591362837366_39508008_34891022_103

Sera Leone National flag:

sierra_leone_flag.jpg

Looks like they just flipped it and threw in a star. Nice going coming up with that all by yourselves. ;)

^^ :D

Ina Bucur Baceyr marduuf qaad ah halay, waa majnuun falanee

Mijin markuu cunuu, buu indhaha miriq kasiiyaaye

Micna dawlladnimo leedahayba uma muraadaane

Murankiyo makeykigey badshaan, maalin iyo layle

Marfashkeey yaqaanaan intey marada xaytaane

Musuqmaasuq iyo beenta waa meheradoodiiye

Raganimo ma muujiyaan intey muruq ku faanaan

:D:D

Having read the bi-product of Mr. Red Sea's entirely declamatory mind that is sadly prone to producing much misinformation effortlessly--but also, not so unusual excessive amounts of mind boggling drivel-- I cannot say that I am surprised. :D

It shows here that my friend has no grasp of the basics of Vexillology or how common place it is for two or more world flags to share points of similitude. He also fails to comprehend: that most world flags were created by individuals who(once upon a time) looked upon other existing world flags for inspiration; or the abstraction of popular design elements; or also the pedigree of their respective paths to development.

And as such, my friend here, is not someone I consider "educated" or very astute in world affairs. In-fact, methinks, he didn't even put much effort into this latest nonsense he has posted. His intended objective was simply to write inflammatory rhetoric against the great State of Puntland-- which, once again, he has failed so very miserably to do. After-all, Puntland is not the only state with a flag similar to another country's flag.

I present to the SOL gallery at large, the following world flags and I beg to ask the poster of the leading thread-- how different these examples are from his initial comparison of the new Puntland flag to the flag of Sierra Leone?

Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia.gif

Flag of Poland

poland-flag.gif

Flag of Monaco

flag-monaco.gif

Flag of Singapore

Singapore.gif

Red Sea don't hate, this is a beautiful symbol for your brotherly state of Puntland.

Flag_of_Puntland.png

This flag was not copied from anywhere for it is very simple and easily designed, no sophistication whatsoever. It has only three things combined, two colours white and green(which most flags in the world have) plus the Somali flag, beautiful and the simplicity makes it perfect.

GAAROODI   

i new a saw it somewhere, noo loool !

they say the same thing about somaliland flag, alot of flags around the world look similar, this is no big deal. loool !

Cicero   

There are many countries which have eerily similiar flags such as Chad and Romania, Indonesia and Manaco, Luxemburg and Netherlands, differing only in the shades of colors used.

Then there are countries that have flags which are dissimiliar in color arrangement and embelms, yet exhibit unmistakable similitude. Ireland and Ivory Coast, Russia and Serbia, Cuba and Puerto Rico, Mexico and Italy, and Bolivia and Ghana would be candidates for this category.

One need not be a vexilollogist (someone who studies flags) to know such mundane facts.

The flag of Puntland does share a resemblance to the flag of Sierre Leonne, inasmuch as colors, not arrangment and embelms, are concerned. However, if we go by those rules, the Somaliland flag shares an unmistakble likeness with countless flags of other countries such as: Kurdistan, Iran, Tajakistan, and Hungary. With a little rearrangement of colors, additions (or omissions) of embelms, every country will have the albatross of unoriginality and plaigarism over its neck. Piffle, indeed.

Ina Bucur Baceyr marduuf qaad ah halay, waa majnuun falanee

Mijin markuu cunuu, buu indhaha miriq kasiiyaaye

Micna dawlladnimo leedahayba uma muraadaane

Murankiyo makeykigey badshaan, maalin iyo layle

Marfashkeey yaqaanaan intey marada xaytaane

Musuqmaasuq iyo beenta waa meheradoodiiye

Raganimo ma muujiyaan intey muruq ku faanaan

Mushunguli Zinjibari malay helay wa maraan muruxsane

Mabaadiidu aminsanyahay wa mid aan muslinku lahayne

Maskax-xumada iyo murranku waa meheraddiiniiye

Marakiibta aad dhacdaan ayaad hooyadin mire u saartaane

Macruuf weye inaynadan Midhaha somaali Mid ku lahayne

Malay ma dabto muran ma naagoodle gabay micnoyare :D

RedSea   

The flag is "So original" in the words of Duke. My point is made gentlemen, the Buntland flag isn't original as you like us to believe. I don't understand why it took Buntland the length of time it did for them them to come up with a flag, oops, I meant copy another country's flag.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

I will be more than happy to design a new flag for Puntland, NW Somalia (wait lalaland already has a flag!) and South Somalia.

I have a question for you. Why does it bother you as Romanian, if Somaliland declared its independence or stayed with Somalia? Is it a threat to Romania? Let people be what they can be.

Somaliland, Buntland and S.Somalia already have flag. Thanks but no thanks. We, Somalis, can do it ourselves. We don't need no Romanian to tell us what to do.

Cowke   

Djibouti Flag

Djibouti.png

Puntland Flag

18039_591362837366_39508008_34891022_103

It kind of reminds me of djibouti to be honest. However the flag tells of something that is whispering in the winds. :cool: