Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

**** salute the Daraawish people all over the world

Abtigiis   

Whether it is related to ****-issue or not, I know there is a difference in the situation which warrants difference in approaching the issue.

While most Puntlanders are against what their admin is doing, most Somalilanders were not. Hence, it pays to leave the Puntland admin alone and sustain the pressure from within.

In the case of Somaliland, the public were largely supportive of the government and saw it as deserved payback to their previious oppressors as servants of Siyaad Barre.

This is to give you the difference in the two scenarios. I still believe it was wrong to burn the vehicles of Somalilander businessmen. I can not support an act in which innocents suffer.

[ November 03, 2009, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

We're not that far apart on this issue.

First of all, no self-respecting Somali enjoys it when Somalis are handed over to Ethiopians.

However, the weakness of the current Somali predicament forces some bending to Ethiopian and Western pressures. It's precisely for this reason that the ONLF maintains regular contact with American governmental organs even though the U.S. is the single greatest sponsor of the Ethiopian regime.

Now the clan which the ONLF represents (in the eyes of most Somalis) has participated in a recent dark chapter of Somali history under Gen. M.S. Barre. Many in both Puntland and Somaliland remember vividly those times and the horrors they were subjected to. That might play a role in why there's no general outcry when their governing administrations arrest ONLF-affiliated young men.

Maybe, just maybe, if the ONLF supporters had made an appeal for forgiveness for past transgressions in times of great strength and power for the clan, then there would've been such a public outcry from both the Puntland and Somaliland populations that the governing authorities would be forced to immmediately backtrack on their actions/arrests....?

Does that theory hold any weight with you, A&T?

Sophist   

Abtigiis & Tolka, we hope other Somali clans support the liberation of the people of Somali Galbeed.

Waa gunnimo in lagu daawado cadawga walaaleheen Soomaliyeed.

Sophist

Abtigiis   

Mintid, it is true in the case of Somaliland where **** refugees took part in the massacre of the natives. But it is not true in Puntland case. **** were never involved as a clan against the repression of those people. Somali military which comprised all clans was.

Sophist,

adeer what i posted is not my personal feeling. It is the feeling of all the jaaliyadaha and supporters of ONLF. The Daraawish offer encouragement and mental support more than anyone. And that is very much appreciated.

[ November 03, 2009, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Mintid, it is true in the case of Somaliland where **** refugees took part in the massacre of the natives. But it is not true in Puntland case. **** were never involved as a clan against the repression of those people. Somali military which comprised all clans was.

A&T,

My point is if this issue is honestly dealt with by all Somalis, we can move forward without fear of non-Somalis manipulating the current chaos (whether that fear is warranted or not).

[ November 03, 2009, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Sophist,

adeer what i posted is not my personal feeling. It is the feeling of all the jaaliyadaha and supporters of ONLF. The Daraawish offer encouragement and mental support more than anyone. And that is very much appreciated.

Spot on.

ONLF is for the wrong or right reasons fighting against enemy, that enemy is real and killing their elders, rapping their daughters and maiming their whole society, any decent and logically thinking Somali regardless of clan would support their struggle and feel their pain.

Kor ubaxa oo bahasha reerayowga lagu hoos celin halaga daayo

Meiji   

If I'm not mistaken the HQ of ONLF in Somalia is located in Mogadishu.

In whole of Somalia, save for the Northeastern and Northwestern protectorates, those who escaped the brutal Ethiopian occupation can live in freedom and do not face deportation.

The best way to support ONLF is to support the stability of Somalia and participate in the efforts of reviving the Somali state. Support PL. Support Sharif. Support SL. Support dialogue and reconciliation. Support the Caravan. Don’t undermine the relative stability of those regions.

Help remove the reasons, justifications, and motives of the relatively powerful nations to prevent the resurgence of semblance of governance in Somalia.

Having said that, Faroole and his admin must fully account for and offer explanation of the death of the young man who died while in their custody. The ones still in custody must be brought before court or released.

^Spin Doctor?? or should i... i'll take it at face value.

Help remove the reasons, justifications, and motives of the relatively powerful nations to prevent the resurgence of semblance of governance in Somalia

:confused: enlighten me - i am no politicia nor a liar err.. i mean diplomat.

how should i "help remove the reasons, justifications and motives of the powerful" as you put it? - by tap dancing to their requests to torture my believing brother and sisters, by disassociating from them, by capturing for them?

or better yet remain silent.

ps. i profoundly disagree with the above statement of yours. however i understand the need for somalis to get their act together in order for them actively help the cause of their oppressed brothers and sisters. but whislt their are trying to get their act together - they should not do so at the expense of even one of their siblings let alone more than one.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

The best way to support ONLF is to support the stability of Somalia and participate in the efforts of reviving the Somali state. Support PL. Support Sharif. Support SL. Support dialogue and reconciliation. Support the Caravan. Don’t undermine the relative stability of those regions.

Help remove the reasons, justifications, and motives of the relatively powerful nations to prevent the resurgence of semblance of governance in Somalia.

Having said that, Faroole and his admin must fully account for and offer explanation of the death of the young man who died while in their custody. The ones still in custody must be brought before court or released.

Condensed Wisdom as usual!

Start emphasising common values as Somalis and Muslims, avoid any divisive or equivocal comment and support every reconciliation move; thus, the ennemy will defeat himself and die out of his own contradictions...

Originally posted by S*S:

how should i
"help remove the reasons, justifications and motives of the powerful"
as you put it? - by tap dancing to their requests to torture my believing brother and sisters, by disassociating from them, by capturing for them?

or better yet remain silent.

[/QB]

Sayyid, Xiin as a wise man was reminding us of the bigger picture, the need to remove out any excuse or justification for other powers to obstruct the return of the Somali State and focus on building bridges between us as Muslims first and then Somalis.

Of course, Puntland need to act diplomatically but can still uphold its own laws...

Puntland need to act diplomatically but can still uphold its own laws...

Abdu Salman xayyaaka Allah. You are a man of understanding indeed.