Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Colenel Aweis extended an apology and promised REPARATION

NASSIR   

To the self-declared state of Somaliland. Is this politicial expediency or faux pas on his side. I find it amusing for the reparation and it shows something is amiss with him as far as the history of our civil war is concerned.

I hope the statement does not turn true.

------------------------------------

Sheekh Aweys oo raali gelin siiyay Reer Somaliland

Posted to the Web Nov 19, 06:41

Guddoomiyaha Golaha Shuurada Maxkamadaha Islaamiga Soomaaliya Sheekh Xasan Daahir Aweys ayaa raali gelin buuxda siiyay Shacabka Somaliland, isagoo kaga raali geliyay dhibaatooyinkii ay u geysteen maamulkii Militariga ahaa ee xukuumadii burburtey ee Soomaaliya.

Sheekh Xasan Daahir Aweys ayaa sheegay in ay uga garaabayaan marka ay suurto gal u noqoto in mag ay ka siinayaan jamhuuriyadda isku magacowday Somaliland oo sheegtay in ay ka go’day soomaaliya inteeda kale 18 kii May sanadkii 1991 kii.

“Maamulka Somaliland iyo Shacabkiisa waxaan siinaynaa raali gelin buuxda, taas oo ah mid Walaaltinimo iyo Mid Islaanimo ah” ayuu yiri Sheekh Xasan Daahir Aweys.

Sheekh Aweys ayaa sheegay in ay wadahadal la gali doonaan Maamulka Somaliland.

Maamulka Somaliland ayaa Maxkamadaha u arka in ay yihiin weji cusub oo siyaasadeed, iyagoo dhawr jeerna ku baaqay in Maxkamadaha faraha kala baxaan arrimaha Somaliland.

Nuuradiin Macalin Mukhtaar (Diinow)

Aayaha.com, Muqdisho

nuurdiin007@hotmail.com

Jaylaani   

He was part of the siyad’s regime (military) that destroyed Somaliland from air, land and sea.. He knows it, in first hand, what took placed in Hargeisa and Burco in 1988. Obviously he’s feeling guilty in participating and associating with such ugly activities, unlike most people, he acknowledges his wrong doing. I applaud him for the effort. However, I don’t think Somaliland needs to be compensated. They need to be left a lone so they can rebuild their lives. I think that is better for all Somalis in general. Why put together something you know is gonna come apart eventually. I think he is taking the right steps toward that direction.

Somali society needs a lot of healing and mutual respect. That should be our focus.

Kashafa   

He was part of the siyad’s regime (military) that destroyed Somaliland from air, land and sea.

Your boy Riyaale was part of siyad's regime(military) that destroyed Somaliland from air, land, and sea.

Where's his apology ?

Oh, I forgot. Only Somalilanders can kill Somalilanders and go on to become President and get rich. Only in Somaliland, right ?

Please. Spare us the fake rhetoric. Aweys had absoulutely nothing to do with the atrocities that happened in Hargeisa(or Moga, or Kismayo, or Bosaaso, for that matter), where-as the current President of the autonomous principality( :D , semantics, eh ?) of Somaliland was the head of the NSS, the much-feared state security apparatus.

Originally posted by Caamir:

Xalane, can you tell us of his miliary experience?

There was an interview of his in halgan.net,the part one of the interview,he talks about his encounters and rank and all that.Try it @www.halgan.net

I wonder when he will apologise to the people of lower Shabbele for his action and pay their reperation money?

Somaliland he might have been a small player, but here he is the chief, the head of the occupation. The blame lies at his door.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Your boy Riyaale was part of siyad's regime(military) that destroyed Somaliland from air, land, and sea.

Where's his apology ?

Oh, I forgot. Only Somalilanders can kill Somalilanders and go on to become President and get rich. Only in Somaliland, right ?

]

You're right sis...that is called FAMILY AFFAIR. ;)

Rutii walaalo..i don't like Rayaale nor do I think he should be the president of Somaliland but I know he is there by circumstances so I have to cope with status que.

king_450   

Call them whatever Name you like "ICU" "Usc" to me they are one of kind and it is just like Donkey and its ears. Beside that their apology is not acceptable and they need to stay just where they are. The borders are closed we don't want see any of these thugs. Remember about the Genocide In Galcayo

(USC's assault In the Mudug Region)

Concerned Somalis - March 19, 1991

At 3:00 A.M. on February 26th , 1991, the USC attacked Galcayo, the capital of the Mudug region in the central rangeland of Somalia. Initially, 1000 highly trained commandoes infiltrated the city, entered the homes of the civilian population and slaughtered the women, the children, the disabled and the elderly. Simultaneously, professional soldiers armed with heavy artillery and rockets bombarded Galcayo indiscriminately. Recent reports estimated the civilian casualty to number 500 dead ,1000 wounded and 200 hostages. On February 28th 1991, USC London office announced that the city of Galcayo was " liberated from the remnants of the Siyad Barre's regime."

This assault was directed against the civilian population of the ****** clan that inhabit the Mudug and Bari regions. USC carefully and meticulously planned the operation, targeting the elders, the intellectuals and the business men and their families for elimination prior to the indiscriminate bombardment of the city.

Unfortunately, the Galcayo attack was nothing but a genocide attack based on extermination of ****** clan. The question is what did USC achieve by attacking Galcayo and why did the USC attack Galcayo?

1. In the Galcayo attack the majority of the dead and the wounded were women, children and elders over 70 years of age . Some of the elders and their families who were butchered by the USC are:

Warsame Abdi Xoosh ( 85 years old)

Jamac Bixi (78 years old)

Mohamud Haji Xassan (70 years old)

Ahmed Xashi ( nickname Xudi, over 80 years old

Mohamud Mahad (78 years old)

Mohamud Ali Nur (70 years old)

These elders were prominent men who had opposed the Barre's regime and had been subjected to frequent detention and abuses.

2. The attached USC communiqué dated March 3,1991 attests that USC had waged a " large scale offensive aimed at liberating Mudug and *********ia regions" and the communiqué gleefully claims that USC had " smashed the rest of ****** ( enemy) forces." This press release clearly shows USC's motivation in attacking Galcayo.

First of all, Galkayo was liberated from Siyad Barre's forces long before the United Somali Congress was formed in 1989 and before the civil war reached Mogadisho. Galcayo is the capital city of the Mudug region which gave rise to the first popular appraisal and armed insurgency against the Barre regime. The Somali Salvation Democratic front, (SSDF) formed in 1978, waged a bitter battle against Barre's armed forces for over a decade in the Mudug and Majarteenia regions. The Barre dictatorship retaliated against the civilian population with mass massacre, prosecution, indefinite detention, and summary execution of dissidents. Siyad Barre's professional army were instructed to destroy the towns, poison the wells and rape the women. At the time Siyad Barre enjoyed the support of most Somali clans, and this campaign were carried out by army composed of all clans. In fact, General Galaal, who is today the commander of the USC militia attacking Kismayo and the southern regions, in 1980 was the commander of the Barre's army that committed the brutal atrocities in the Mudug and *********ia.

Ironically, Siyad Barre considered the clans that inhabit the Mudug and *********ia as threat to his regime. In a systematic manner, Siyad Barre's regime destroyed these regions socially and the economically. The main exports of *********ia and Mudug are livestock, hides and skins and frankincense and myrrh. By decree, The export of frankincense and myrrh, and hides and skins were made illegal and the right to export were given to Siyad Barre's cronies. The Bossaso port which used to be the main port for the export of livestock, was inactivated and the trade was diverted to the ports of Mogadisho and Berbera.

The economic war waged against Mudug and *********ia region by the Barre's regime, was coupled with political repression of elders and intellectuals from these regions. In early 1980's the SSI)F operated radio Kulmis which used to broadcast the atrocities committed by the Barre's regime, and use to urge the Somalis to unite against the Barre's dictatorship. Unfortunately, it took a decade before other regions followed suit and revolted against the dictatorship. By 1989, Mudug and *********ia has become in all aspect independent from Barre's regime and established an administrative rule,

3. The USC communiqué also characterizes SSDF forces lead by Ali Badiyo and Jamac Ali Jamac as the enemy and claims that the " so called" SSDF have been defeated. It is incredible that Ali Badiyo and Jamac Ali Jamac who have been in solitary confinement for 10 and 19 years respectively are now considered enemies while Mohamed Aidid, Siyad Barre's ambassador to India as late as 1987 is now the" liberator." According to the USC communiqué, Mohamed Aidid is the " Commander in Chief of the USC military forces and the de facto leader."

Hence considering the above mentioned facts one can only conclude that USC attacked Galcayo not to liberate but to consolidate the political power of all of Somalia into the hands of the USC. The USC is exclusively clan based and can not be elevated to a national level, unless the aim is to establish another dictatorship. Unfortunately ,what USC achieved is: a) hundreds of unsuspecting civilians have been butchered. b) the city of Galcayo had been destroyed. c) the national reconciliation has been postponed indefinitely. d) USC ignited a war against the civilians in the central rangeland. e) it has dealt a blow to Somali nationalism. f) it has brought instability into the central rangeland of Somalia. g) it has transformed the conflict to USC against SSDF and its allies, In conclusion, the Galcayo attack made the USC a major shareholder in the record of human rights abuses in Somalia.

Stay your side of the river.

Abwaan   

“Maamulka Somaliland iyo Shacabkiisa waxaan siinaynaa raali gelin buuxda, taas oo ah mid Walaaltinimo iyo Mid Islaanimo ah” ayuu yiri Sheekh Xasan Daahir Aweys.

If he really said this, does this mean that he recongnises Somaliland as a separate government as they claim?

Let the debate be Xalaal...not nacamlays iyo mid qabyaalad ku dhisan.

Althought I think that ICU is generally doing ok and is better than this Land, State Qabyaalad-ku-dhis maamulis ICU did make mistakes and they are prone to mistakes but some like the above comment needs to be looked at seriously.

Is he saying that the south destroyed the North?

I can see some of us digging up old wounds which I think ay habboon tahay in maalinta Qayaamo iyo Allaah loo daayo garsoorka wixii Soomaaliya ka dhacay waayo sidaan hubo sida halkaan ka muuqata qofba CAJALADDA QABYAALADEED ee ku jaban ayuunbuu qoraal u bedelayaa runtana waa laga fogaanayaa.

Ilaahoow Soomaali xal u keen, ummaddana quluubteeda sahwiga iyo nacaybka qabyaaladeed ka saar. Kuwa halkaan maalayacniga qabiilka shaararka la huwiyey ku soo qorana inaan magac sheego ma rabo ee fadlan haka waantoobeen hana ku quusteen maxaa beel is qaadqaaday oo cirka u boodey oo haddana dhulka lala gooyey!

bambo   

^^^^^^^^^

KIng_40 woooowowwwwwwww do you also want an extended apology and promised REPARATION from the colonol .

open your eyes , your bashing at waadados while hosting the men that was responsible for Galkacyo attack how possible is that?.

was it , sheeq sharif , abu mansur , sheeq suleymen well known family , was these foks that attacked Galkacyo ?.

RedSea   

Apology for what? the Sheikh needed not to apologize for anything.I think it's bit out of line to say,the Sheikh or others will give repression to people of Somaliland,it's not needed to even state such.

Wixii ku dhintay dagaaladii Allah ha unaxariisto,cidna naf baxday masoo celin karto,dhimasho iyo dhaawacna cidwalba way ugaysatay cida kale,so no need to single out Somaliland as being the only victim of the wars,we are all victims.