Sign in to follow this  
K15

Puntland's major cities in pictures

Malika   

Che,I dreamt of nothing as a kid,but to see Xamer.My uncles and aunties used to work in the city,when they came back they usually were full of stories,it sounded so fabulous!!

Well,before I know it,xabaad kentiidi baa noguu soo dhushee and the dream is still lingering on in my heart..

Anyone has pictures of the Islands near the Somali coasts? [me looking for a getaway island],Xarfuun has some nice beaches,perhaps should invest there,but does one has to come from there?..bummer Somalis!! :mad: :mad:

money   

Dig wells, make sure people have an access to clean water, build clinics for mothers and children, think out of the box and plant trees, erect solar panels and wind turbines. These villas you see are owned by corrupt government officials who steal people's wealth and if you look closely, they are not more than dozen brick-villas in the middle of such devastating poverty shanty towns and garbage-filled alleyways.

if you think that is progress, may God help us. Peace is progress, self reliance is progress, reversing the brain drain is progress, sustainable development is progress, educating the young is progress, primary schools are progress, libraries and resource centers, capacity building are progress, getting rid of corruption and bad governance are progress.

So focus on that and let us not boast on limited Land Cruisers and brick-Villas. We are all familiar with that. Don't let Somalia always be anarchic land and basket case that depend on donor's mercy. People wake up!

RedSea   

roads and landscape would make it look very decent.

Malika were you xabad keentay, mise xabad sugtay that came to pass?

Good Effort, but let's us not delude with a number of private buildings. The economic and health condition is much worse than some places in the south. Puntland needs a new direction, and that is restoring stability.

RedSea   

^The above messege is approved by 'Major Cabdillahi Ahmed for Puntland state President campaing'.

K15   

Originally posted by Peace Action:

Thanks k15, Some of the pictures look very recent did you took them. It i amazing the building boom still continues despite the poor economy.

All the pictures are no older than a month, some even as the Gaalkacyo pics were taken last week.

Originally posted by money:

These villas you see are owned by corrupt government officials who steal people's wealth and if you look closely, they are not more than dozen brick-villas in the middle of such devastating poverty shanty towns and garbage-filled alleyways.

The majority of the villas are owned by hard working locals, after that Diasporans. Government officials only maybe own 0.5% of all those villas.

K15   

The real Puntland (with actual Puntland police, army, authority and rule): Bari, Nugaal, Northern Mudug

Others are just claims.

K15-Are you just off the reservation icon_razz.gif

P.S. Taking pics of brick house hardly denotes progress. Extreme corruption, insecurity and inflation become the hallmark of Puntland. So take sip out the reality cup.