Sign in to follow this  
Xidigo

Justice delayed is justice denied

Xidigo   

Press Release: (ARDAA ), Justice delayed is justice denied

Posted in August 8th, 2009

by lug in News

Press Release: (ARDAA ), Justice delayed is justice denied

Press Release: Adal Resources and Development Assistance Association (ARDAA)

It is sad to say the political parties refused to denounce this dreadful murder. The three parties have one thing in common: they need the votes of the Adal communities but are indifferent to their welfare.

Justice delayed is justice denied

Almost one month has passed since July 11, 2009 (hereinafter referred to as 711) when four innocent travellers hailing from the Adal regions were butchered on the Dilla-Kalabaydh road on the basis of their clan. The people of Adal in general and the families of the victims of this heinous crime in particular, have waited for justice with unprecedented patience that has no parallel in the traditions of the Somali society. But unfortunately it has become clear that the government of Somaliland has no power to arrest the criminals or is unwilling to perform its duty toward its citizens from Adal or is unnervingly oblivious to the impact of the cold blooded murder on the relative peace and stability in Somaliland. The fact that the murderers are being protected and shielded from justice, in the name of a clan, is also a very dangerous precedent in Somaliland.

The government can be implicated on the murder case because the culprits used military vehicles, army uniform, and a high ranking commander was present at the crime scene, according to the reports of the survivors. If the government did not disassociate itself from the crime by explaining how its resources were used to kill innocent travellers, then it is obvious that government officials were collaborating with the killers.

It is sad to say the political parties refused to denounce this dreadful murder. The three parties have one thing in common: they need the votes of the Adal communities but are indifferent to their welfare.

Very few notables outside Adal regions have spoken out against this slaughter. For those who have expressed sadness about the murder, we say thank you for your sincere feelings. Surely the families of the victims appreciate your support. However, most of the leaders and members of the civil society, members of the Gurti, and the Parliament, judicial system have just kept quiet about the killings. To these groups, we say surely you have failed the families of the victims and you have failed the justice obligated on every Muslim under Islamic as well as the rule of law. Silence is a sign of acceptance and it holds true that the position taken by these sectors of the society, the government, and the political parties are not only surprisingly unconscionable but also are tantamount to unequivocal support for the murderers.

For the Somaliland society, we would like to draw their attention that there is no development, no progress, and no stability that can be achieved without peace. Justice denied for one person is justice denied for the whole society. If the murders and anyone who collaborated with them politically, materially, or any other form are not brought to justice, then the thin fibre that was holding this society together for the last nineteen years have been severely damaged.

In the light of the foregoing situations, Adal Resources and Development Assistance Association (ARDAA) condemn this outrageous and dastardly act of killing of 711 in unequivocal terms and calls upon:

1. The people of Adal regions to stand united and to demand their rights and rights of the families of the victims untiringly, and not to rest until the perpetrators of this crime are apprehended and brought to justice,

2. The government to discharge its responsibilities under the laws of the land and arrest the criminals and those who collaborated with them immediately,

3. The opposition parties to live up to their responsibilities as potential candidates to the country’s leadership and press the government to arrest the criminals of Dilla-Kalabaydh killings of 711.

ARDAA believes this deplorable crime will seriously undermine the peace and stability of Somaliland, the only two achievements that Somaliland sells to the international community. The fact that the criminals are still at large after one month of the crime shatters any hope that the Somaliland people had aspirations for recognition and nationhood. The people of Adal have been the pillars of Somaliland’s peace and future ambition but the cold blooded murder of four innocent travellers has exposed the supremacy of tribalism over government institutions.

Finally, we call upon the Somaliland government institutions, the political parties, traditional leaders, the civil society and the media to rise above the tribal arrogance that promotes internecine fighting and stand for justice, fairness, and equality for all that leads to success and better life for everyone.

Let us give peace a chance and bring justice and closure to the families of the victims.

For and on behalf of Adal Resources and Development Assistance Association (ARDAA)

Hassan K. Abtidon

General Secretary

Source Lughaya.com

I'm surprised no one is caught yet though everybody knows who killers are-there seemed to be better rule and order in that part of Somalia.

How are you Xidago?

Xidigo   

Good Che. How are you?

While bigot clan landers spread false propaganda far and wide about a fake country, they will never mention what happened on 07/11/2009. Murdering those innocent and unarmed civilians is a watershed moment that all clan landers will live to regret. The slaughter and cutting of bodies into small pieces (a known SNM tactic) is now in practice again. May the sick individuals who did this and those who harbor them and give them refuge burn on earth and in Hell.

Long live Somalia you criminal cowards.

Ardaa’s Call For “Home”: We all Know That There is Nothing Like Home, But The “Home” They are Talking About is Different From my Home “Awdal”.

Reading ARDAA website and browsing through it, I found it very interesting to see many contradictions on ADRDAA as non-profit organization based on North American Organization systems. It reflects many similarities of the organizations in which some of us work. It does not seem an agency for Adal Community. On the contrary its mission and objectives are widely seen as an international organization with wider programs to fulfill. The objectives are far from my contemplation as limited to Awdal. The writing in the website is mindboggling and far from reality on Awdal ground. The programs mentioned in the website are intended for all DEVELOPING NATIONS in the world and in Africa and in particular East Africa. There are a multitude of programs ranging as quoted from the ARDAA website:

1. Provide relief food and shelter to families in stressed regions in East Africa, and help their children to access education.

2. Promote health, engage in research on tropical diseases, and provide training to public health workers in Somaliland.

3. Build, maintain, and operate community health centres in areas of Africa affected by diseases such as Malaria and HIV/AIDS.

4. Train nurses and paramedics for emergency situations involving victims of violence, abused women and children.

5. Dig wells and establish water treatment system for rural communities in East Africa.

6. Supply water to remote and dry areas by trucking drinking water on regularly or as-needed basis.

7. Build water holding reservoirs to collect and keep rain water for drinking as well as irrigation needs of the rural communities.

8. Train members of the rural communities on water preservation, treatment and prevention and control of water-borne diseases.

9. Train farmers on the best methods to irrigate their farms to prevent cyclical draughts and famines.

10. Conduct research on best methods of farming especially in very dry situations.

11. Develop land use zoning to protect agricultural and forestry

12. Advocate for the promotion of access, equity, human rights, and good governance.

13. Promote and establish healthy public and community relations

Conduct training on:

A. Farming. - B. Irrigation. - C. Planting trees. - D. Best farming methods. - E. Preventing soil erosion and desertification.

I know that developing countries need all those services and Somalia and Somaliland are some of them. I know for sure that in order to get funds from agencies, governments, and individuals is to show an authentic program which looks in writing to the programs they already know. However, the devil is in the details. We have been talking about Awdal and its needs and all of a sudden we are in all over the world and in every developing country. I am worried the agenda of the Awdal people is hijacked by individuals with obscure and long range agenda and not focusing the real and doable programs in Awdal. Its success or failure depends on baggages some people will bring into the meeting.

It is equally surprising that the fact that ARDAA has a website, the News and Information tap is empty and even the proposed General meeting in Ottawa is not posted. I have seen a flyer in Harowo.com. The contents in this flyer are amazingly far from what I read from ARDAA website. The agenda in the flyer is vague and abstract. The flyer and the agenda of the meeting are supposed to be posted in ARDAA Website instead of asking others to post for them. I would like also to take some writing from the Flyer and post here for Awdalites to read and compare what is in the website. The theme of the convention is: You can buy a house but not a “home”. Is the home they are talking about is Awdal, Somaliland, or Somalia? Time will tell. The theme also contains: The models for historical unity and leadership. I suspect some people in ARDAA have another agenda. What those agendas are will be in the details when they speak out in the convention.

The well organised items in the website are, I think, only exist in imagination and comparable to day dreaming. It is the kind of agenda only functioning governments and international agencies can implement. I thought ARDAA would take small, doable, and fundable items. The notion that we can afford or even strategize these programs is out of reach within our limits and boundaries.

I am wondering also that the agenda in the flyer has been intentionally averted from the mission of ARDAA due to some obscure agenda which remains to be seen. Besides, the continuity of targeting certain families in the Awdal communities for being against ARDAA and putting the blame on these parties is not helping our unity. I thought that membership was on voluntary basis and anyone who can afford the time and the money can join it. I still believe that it is better to keep the membership through voluntary and avoid creating misunderstanding among our dear brothers and sisters. I know that some of the people coming to the convention advocate for Somalia which has been buried with Siad Barre. So I would like to ask how our brothers who are divided on politics and on Somali issues will work together on ARDAA agenda. We have different aspirations, ambitions, and interests. Even we are divided in Somaliland politics and some of us who pretend that they are advocating for Awdal interest are seriously against Somaliland and cannot even discuss the issues facing Somaliland.

Brothers and sisters, we have to discuss where we are standing on Somali politics and let us not blindfold our people and hide behind false programs and agendas by coming up with workshops, presentations, fancy websites that have no place in our society. The mindset of the people who are spearheading ARDAA is focused on far reaching interests. Whether those interests will benefit them or Awdal region can be answered in the coming convention. They have not mentioned Somaliland in anywhere in their writings. We are in confusion state of mind and cannot figure out what is in the minds of those ARDAA architects who filled pages and pages of well constructed but no-substance ideas. Soomaalido waxay ku mahmaadaa “bal an eegno uuraysataye waxay umulidoonto.”

We all know that there is nothing like home. But the “home” they are talking about is different from my home. Awdal is my home and Somaliland is my home land. Nevertheless, some of us do not believe that Somaliland is their home country but preparing themselves for the day Somali people come together and join hands in determining the revival of Somalia. The double standard of some people who would like to help Awdal and at same time hate to hear Somaliland is unjustifiable. Awdal is part and parcel of Somaliland. You cannot have on both ways, period. I bet you all that Somaliland will never come back into Somali folds unless miracle happens and Somalilanders are destroyed and the remains in coffins are brought to Mogadishu. Better for those of you who are set their minds in participating in the Somali unity to think twice and join hands with your Somaliland brethren?

Whatever special interest is there, there should be something common we have to share with each other and work on it. But under the present scenario, the commonality is in danger because of so many things that we have witnessed recently in Somaliland politics. Every one of you is aware of the real truth and facts about where I am heading to. I do not have to explain to you the goal of each clan of us whether in politics or in Awdal development or even in personal ambitions and interests shadowing the unity in the community. Let alone everything else but even taking part in remembering the death of our elders together has become a political issue. Recently we have lost an elder, a politician, a nationalist in Somaliland, freedom fighter, and a statesman: Hon. Abdi Hassan Boni, God Bless him.

I have found that a remembrance and condolence gathering was held in Ottawa. Strangely enough the picture I saw in Saylicipress.net speaks volumes. Sure, some have organized the ceremony and reached out to particular groups from certain clans in Ottawa. I believe that we all lost our brother and some people even lost him badly. Mr. Abdi Hasan was self made like many of our people. However, there is a cause and effect in everything we do. In order Hon. Abdi Hassan to be in involved in Somali politics and to be successful was partly because of his efforts and partly because of the first parliamentary elections in Awdal (hopefully, you are aware of who gave the biggest support). Those in the picture I have referred to are all aware of the past. I won’t go into details of all facts, but I dare say that the people who arranged the gathering has vaulted and insulted our people’s tradition and we owe them an apology in the highest level.

The reason I have mentioned the event is in two folds. First, it was time to reflect and pardon each other and bring the community together. Secondly, it was time to share our grievances and sorrows on the loss of our brother. In these times, healing is the utmost goal to be achieved. Some of us have intentionally done the damage and politicised the condolences. I should not say that all people in the picture slices are friends and closer to each other more than any others. In any case we should be thinking of the consequences of the gathering before taking the phone and making calls and posting the pictures on the internet.

The same mistakes which were criticised in the creation of ARDAA have come to live again in the name of holding condolence ceremony. I have been arguing that the same elders in the pictures and others who were absent were brought together and discuss the ARDAA chapter in Ottawa. If we want to succeed, we have to find out the culprits who did this very unfortunate outreach and destroyed one of our common bonds in our history. The people who came together for the purpose of the condolence did not come out of the thin air but it is sure some have organized the event and have chosen the gathering not be inclusive. We will find out the culprits who did this intentionally and who destroyed our tradition on remembering our beloved people. It is smelling fish…….

I love you all and God bless us all:

Xidigo   

^^^^ Attack the messenger for you can say nothing about the incident.

I know your blood boils when you see Somalia's flag over Borama.

Burn, baby burn.

Edit: Where is the source?

Xidagi...I'm well walaal.

Jb...What ARDAA does is beside the point, the reality is those criminals are still out there! What's exactly being done to apprehend and bring them to justice.

Faroole seems to be more in solving the murders in Galkacayo though in fairness that involved high ranking official.Nonetheless , these man were killed in cold blood.

Xidigo   

Almost 25000 half English, half commas and all garbage posts.

Uff.

Che, never argue with an *****...

RedSea   

Imagine xidigo armed with .50 caliber machine gun in the middle of Hargeisa. This girl would wreck hovac. Man she is one angry chick.

Red Sea, come on you cab do better than blaming Xidigo. This act was a criminal act that does not need any excuse and the killers need to brought to justice. I heard that the clan animosity has been brewing for a while and people have died on both sides. Clan warfare can be stopped when the clans agreed to qisaas and forgo the diya and the authorities need to take control of the situation before it explodes.

As Mr. Bugland, when you apply for a non profit organization in the Untoed States, it is better to include as many areas as possible otherwise you will be limited to the locality you intent to work. So if they were authorized to work in Awdal, then technically they are not allowed to collect funds for any other areas.

It was a barbaric criminal action and those who committed it will be brought to justice no matter what .................... and they should be executed.

^-Damn straight those b@stards who killed those innocent men should die. With all your p*ssyfooting it's nice to at last have a proper answer from you.

I mean come on people, it would have been shocking enough to hear of these deaths-but for innocent folks to be cut up into slabs of meat as if they were animals? Nacalada yahuudu Idinku yaal.. It’s unquestionable.

If Reer Awdal have any blood in their veins I urge them to NOT even bother contributing to this government if the silence of this disgusting and heinous crime is what stands for a democracy. The perpetrators (be they within the corrupt political arena) should be killed-via death by firing squad. As is African law, they're not even good for a hanging.