Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliand Government Welcomes UN Move to Shift Offices from Nairobi to Hargeisa

Now why would the un relocate to an area it dont even recognize! that dont make no sense.

Looks like un has become the problem causing rod in the 3rd world. Whadda a punch of bull.

Originally posted by NinaNC:

GD, if you want folks to respect the PL flag, you have got to respect the SL flag, sorry bro, but it goes together.

lol. Speak for yourself young lady, just becase you dont respect the Puntland flag does not mean others are like you...

Now I respect the whole concept of Somaliland apart from the secession.

You are clutching on to straws...

Somalina   

JB, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Cafis iyo masaamax!

GD, lol@clutching on to straws.

I changed my screen saver picture to the PL flag. and I wrote down "PL always and forever so help me God" on piece of paper and framed it(all true). Now, where is that ID card you've promised me? icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by NinaNC:

GD, lol@clutching on to straws.

I changed my screen saver picture to the PL flag. and I wrote down "PL always and forever so help me God" on piece of paper and framed it(all true). Now, where is that ID card you've promised me?
icon_razz.gif

I never knew you was an IDP?

Saalax   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Hargeisa(The Horn) -the government of Somaliland has for the first time disclosed that the United Nations are planning to shift their head offices from Nairobi to Hargeisa, Somaliland and Garowe in Puntland.

The new UN envoy Mr. Augustine Mahiga, stated that the UN offices in Nairobi Kenya will be moved to Hargeisa the capital city of Puntland regional government, Garowe. Where he stressed that are stable

The Somaliland Minister of Foreign Affairs and international co-operations, Dr. Mohammed Abdillahi Omar expressed that the government of Somaliland welcomed the plan of the United Nations relocating their head offices.

The minister who spoke to Geeska Afrika on the phone from London pointed out that Somaliland has all indicators, such as security and other necessities, required by the United Nations to do its business.

“ I met the head of UN for Somaliland and Somalia affairs and the UN political office for Somaliland and Somalia, in an IGAD meeting which I attended in mid July 20010. I requested the UN to think on how they will .move their offices that concern Somaliland to Somaliland after the elections are over and the office responsibilities change hands in Somaliland . That was a success and development that we welcome, as a government and citizens, UN and other international agencies’ offices to Hargeisa.” Said Hon. Mohammed

“ I personally requested the United Nations to remove Somaliland’s security level and return it to its previous status as an encouragement for international delegations and government to visit Somaliland.. The UN Boss stationed in Nairobi Mr. Mark Bowden told us that he has passed our request tob the general secretary Ban Ki Moon and he will give us the response. Therefore it seems as if they have agreed, if they are thinking of bringing their offices to Somaliland. “

He added, “ Somaliland has peace and stability, it has security forces to reinforce stability, it has high class hotels and other services for meetings rental houses , Somalilnd has the ability for all these. Somaliland has governmental institutions which ease the inter-working relations and other implementations that Somaliland can do for the UN.”

Lastly he promised good working relationship with the United Nations, “ Somaliland has all the things mentioned above, good working relationship, governmental development plan for Somaliland and we say we shall give them good working atmosphere and full security . we also have a lot of refugees who escaped from their countries and Somaliland can not endure the weight. We therefore welcome the UN to move their offices to our country.” He concluded.

Interesting development...