Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliand Government Welcomes UN Move to Shift Offices from Nairobi to Hargeisa

Niina

You are a Somali woman I assume, thus why do you need anything to move to Garowe? they would welcome a smart intelligent, hard working lady, and there are many eligible bachelors in Puntland if you are as JB states looking for one. Unfortunately I don’t work for the Ministry of Interior and thus the useful ID card are beyond my power to provide.

Somalina   

lol@GD...

PIS aan ka cabsanaa iney i dhahaan GalMudug tabakaayadaada la tag. Hadii aan u baahneyn ID sidaad sheegtey, waaba music to my ears.

p.s. I'm not looking, marka lets not go there.

So it finally dawned to minority Goosashadoon folks to really realize Hargeysa is, in fact, located in Soomaaliya for accepting the UNPOS [United Nations Political Office for Somalia] without a fuss.

Well, welcome back to reality. smile.gif

And good for Hargeysa to have the office. They have finished the larger UN compound they were building in Hargeysa recently since the last one was destroyed in the explosions a few years ago. And their local staff is already relocating at the end of this month to the said new, big compound.

But the news release in that link, if you even read, states in the title:

SRSG announces increased presence inside Somalia, not Kenya and certainly not to any imaginary country.

And the UN Special Representative for Soomaaliya, Ambassador Augustine P Mahiga is for Soomaaliya, whose mandate includes Waqooyi Galbeed. He never was for Kenya, was he? And he is moving his international staff to Soomaaliya, from their temporary base in the last 15 years in Nayroobi.

When they moved from Muqdisho 15 years ago to Nayroobi, they never said they were moving to another city in Somalia. Nope. It was a foreign capital city, as a temporary base in another country. This is not the same, is it?

The UN wanted to move its offices to Hargeysa years ago but the TNG and later the TFG refused this. While having the UN operations being coordinated from Hargeysa would make the implementation of UN projects much easier and less costly in both Somaliland and Somalia.

But in 4 months there is no more TFG, so nobody cares about what they think.

P.S. It was one of the 5 UNDP buildings within their compound which was partly damaged during the explosion 2 years ago.