Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Hamas wins Elections

The sheer fact that Hamas won is worthy of celebration, my celebration that is. For now--for those of us whose victories are few--this one has to be marked.

In reality though, this victory will not deliver much to the Palestinian people. It will not nurse and heal the emotional scars and economic devastation of decades of brutal occupation. Things will not change overnight. The expansion of settlements will not be reversed suddenly. It will not do any of those. What this victory does is to bring new variable in to the calculus of Middle East politics. With its two-third-majority win, Hamas goes alive, so to speak, with new political muscle. Though it will be hard to imagine for Hamas to completely rewrite the terms of that Israel-favoring peace process, it could still force its review, and subject it to be thoroughly assessed and evaluated. Hamas victory puts Israel in a very difficult position. What should they do now? Negotiate with terrorist, as they deem Hamas is, or start from zero again and look for another entity to groom? Reoccupy Gaza, or leave it in the hands of an organization whose demise they frantically sought?

It also exposes the hypocrisy of the West, and it puts them in an equally very difficult position. What would the west do? Would they respect the choice of the people or would they scoff it because it did not produce a favorable outcome for them, or it just isn’t to their liking? What would Bush do when the wrong guys win? To be stunned and shocked are not enough when what at stake is one’s legacy in a region whose geopolitical value is not in dispute. So Bush will have to,very soon, make a stand. A real stand, that is, not the one intended for the media feed.

I can take it even further and I assert this Hamas victory complicates the relationship between the West and Iran. The early reaction from the west feeds the argument that the Iranians were making. In this age and day one can hardly doubt what the West want. True. Yet Hamas victory leaves no room for the doubters to maneuver. In the end, we must admit, Hamas have to deal with its enemy, and come up with a pragmatic political course that has a dye of diplomacy. It has to learn how to be subtly convey its message without compromising its political platform, and without isolating it self.

For now, let Hamas celebrate its victory, and indeed the Palestinian people, as they have mourned too many losses.

I LIKED YOUR REPORT BROTHER,I AGREED WITH MOST THINGS YOU SAID. I PERSONAL THINK HAMAS DELIVERIED A REAL BLOW TO ISRAL AND THE WEST. I BELIEVE THEY ARE CAPABLE OF BRING SOMETHING THAT FATAH COULDN'T FOR THEIR PEOPLE.

Well done to Hamas. Now it is this kinda time when the western wolrd's democracy is been put on test and to the max to show their always pride on democracy is something hypocritical.

You will be hearing soon some discouraging comments and media spot lights purposely on Hamas in order to turn things around for their own interests.

I believe, if they take Hamas seriuosly as an equel partner, then there will peace at last.

am.

Khayr   

Salamz,

Check out these pictures

0612619438_hamas-flags-waving-275.jpg

JRL16701261849.jpg

hamasrally483_001.jpg

hamasseansmith372ready.jpg

THE FLAGS OF ISLAM-MASHALLAH!

Anyone want a flag like that?

^^^ Fatah has accepted the result. The media is just playing its usual game. Fatah youths are demonstrating against their leaders and want change of the "old guard".