Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Between Warlords and the Clan Islamic Courts - a choice between Pest and Cholera

NASSIR   

Between Warlords and the Clan Islamic Courts - a choice between Pest and Cholera

Ali Osman Samater

Dearest country men and women, I must admit to you that I was not happy about the fact that the clan organized Islamic courts or Islamists groups took over the power in Mogadishu after they have defeated all notorious warlords in the trouble town of Somalia. However, the so-called new conquerors of Mogadishu are not new to me. May be they can present themselves as pragmatic Muslims to someone who don’t know them but for me and for many of my ideological brothers and sisters, these guys are the old and well know murders of Mogadishu. Every honest Somali knows that the new masters in Mogadishu took a major part of the mass killings of innocent people in Mogadishu for the last decade and a half. They are responsible for a systematic and organized assassination of many engaged Somali intellectuals in Mogadishu for the last 15 years. They are responsible for hundreds of controversial so-called court decisions that have been exclusively applied to minorities groups only. Hundreds of young and poor boys from the minority groups in Mogadishu lost their weak hands simply because they have stolen tomato from a market or a mobile phone from a shop. It is undisputable that thieves from the major rivaling clans in Mogadishu were excluded from all that draconic religious punishments. In Mercca and Baraawa, self declared Sheikhs and Allah warriors took the property of the native clans and compelled them to work for them as fishers, farmers and in Mogadishu nearly every thing belong illegally to them. More than a half of the previous state properties and buildings are in the hands of the clan Islamic courts and groups.

It is true that the new religious political power in Mogadishu are inter-related with many other fanatics in all over Somalia included the Northwest of Somalia, through a sophisticated business and religious network. The Mullahs of Mogadishu and their friends own the most profitable Enterprises and productive land in south Somalia to-day. The Mullah clique in Somalia applies two effective strategies in order to achieve their bloody profit oriented targets. In the first instance, they organize brutal militia on the bases of their clans. Secondly, they propagate religious propaganda so that the poor people are narcotized and they don’t feel the pain when Mr. Indhacade for example wants to rube the properties of the weak people. In Qoryole area for example, the people in that area became literally slaves in their own villages. The new masters in Qoryole are well organized on clan bases and armed with motorized techniques. Brutal killers known as militia compel hundreds of families to work in the Banana Farms and pay illegal taxes. The militias of the new masters in Mogadischu are primitive, brutal and criminal. It is reported by international NGOs that the Militia loyal to Mr. Indhacade kill every day one member of innocent Jerer-Ween Somali farmers in their homes or farms between Mogadishu and Kismayo area.

Islamists did not win the war against the warlords only but they also won the indoctrination of a whole nation. The Somali Muslim version was known long enough as the most liberal one in African and the Arabic world. Today, Organized Islamists groups are dominating the daily life of the people in Somalia. In the Koran schools of Mogadishu, Islamic groups produce their future killing machines. Somali women, whom Brother Bashir Goth once correctly describes them as the bread winners of the Nation are the mostly misused and manipulated group by the Islamists in our country. The Islamic groups are not feeding our nation like our sisters and mothers are doing between Zeila and Kismayo. In the contrary, they are parasites living from the blood of our people just like the warlords. Some of our Somali intellectual has a very short memory because they have almost forgotten that the warlords and the Islamic business establishment in Mogadishu had a year ago a common interest and a common enemy.. Their common major enemy was for a year his Excellency the President of Somalia Mr. Abdullah Yusuf Ahmed and his Excellency the premier Minister of Somalia Dr Ali Mohamed Gedi. However, as we know and witnessed many political coalitions and criminal partnerships collapsed in Mogadishu for the last 15 years. I am expecting that the recent armed conflict in Mogadishu which is not yet over will bring a new criminal clan coalition in the ex-capital of Somalia. For example, Osman Atto’s new proclamation in the BBC Somali section today were he says that he handed over the largest part of his militia arsenal to the Clan organized court militia is smiling after a new dirty clan coalition and that underlines my thesis. The choice between the Warlords and the clan Islamic courts is a choice between Pest and Cholera.

Finally, if the Islamist groups are truly not interested in establishing a new Taliban State in Somalia, they have to talk immediately to the TFG and remove all their militia from the town and be ready to hand over all the clan arms first to a neutral International Institution.. Any other Friday speeches in the countless Mosques of Mogadishu from the Clan Islamic courts will be considered as a lie and has absolutely nothing to do with my Islamic believe/faith and they will never be my heroes.

Ali Osman Samater

E-Mail:Osmansamater@yahoo.com

Rahima   

new Taliban State in Somalia

How i hate somalis who speak in such a way, uff, next they'll sell their souls to the devil since the American administration isn't far off.

Chimera   

I must admit to you that I was not happy about the fact that the clan organized Islamic courts or Islamists groups took over the power in Mogadishu after they have defeated all notorious warlords in the trouble town of Somalia.

his Excellency the President of Somalia Mr. Abdullah Yusuf Ahmed and his Excellency the premier Minister of Somalia Dr Ali Mohamed Gedi.

ex-capital of Somalia.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NASSIR   

You will come to know soon the truculent devil or the veiled devil, which one is the real one.

The article has some mechanical problems but it carries honest and objective analysis.

The Islamists like to call their usurpation of power as a popular uprising but the refugee camps in Kenya have more than double in size since the Islamic Courts came to power because of large numbers of people fleeing the dreary future waiting for them. Popular uprisings, as we have seen in Ukraine and elsewhere, do not use militia and firepower to subdue opponents. Goth

RedSea   

^Caamir, I assume that is very objective view of yours.

The truth and reality on the ground speak for themsleves,what does one who writes behind computer screen know about such.

Honesty and objectivity lies with those who see things beyond tribilsm,I much doubt the author is anything but that.

Another tribilist minded pen holder iga dheh.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Rahima:

quote: new Taliban State in Somalia

How i hate somalis who speak in such a way, uff, next they'll sell their souls to the devil since the American administration isn't far off.
Yes agreed ;) Such sweeping a indictment is a transparent attempt to get funding for the so called 'war on terror' :rolleyes:

Wiilo   

Kuwaan oo kale waa in laga nadiifiyaa bulsha, waa dulli u maleeya in ay sidatan wax kaga helayaan reer Galbeydka, alla maan gaabanaa, oh, alla maan gaabanaa......Waa ayaan darro in qabiil intaa uu ugeynayo, war si kale ersaaqad ku raadso........

Go figure:..........

NASSIR   

Wiilo, oo ma adaa ka nadiifinayaa mise adeeradaa?

Red Sea, horta ninyahoo ma geed hoostiis baad ku dhalatey. You take things seriously even if it takes you to write 2.5 meaningless pages for a small viewpoint someone writes on the board.

RedSea   

^small view point? that is wild.

Buddy offcourse I have to be serious, or else we can go over to the joke section,if that is where your topic which you have posted here belongs to.The I would be delighted to laugh with ya.

If you don't want me to be serious,then don't post such meaningless and arogant piece of writing in here.

Anyone who underlines(mines) the success of the ICU, is in serious darkness, what is not serious about that son?

NASSIR   

"Anyone who underlines(mines) the success of the ICU, is in serious darkness, what is not serious about that son?"

underlines or undermines? Or you mean both?

Kuwaan oo kale waa in laga nadiifiyaa bulsha, waa dulli u maleeya in ay sidatan wax kaga helayaan reer Galbeydka, alla maan gaabanaa, oh, alla maan gaabanaa......Waa ayaan darro in qabiil intaa uu ugeynayo, war si kale ersaaqad ku raadso........

maan gaabanemo waxa ka mid ah kuwa dadka fikiradooda qhadanwaya raba in la "nadiifiyo".

backward, fascist attitude really.

As for this article, what it shows is and has been clear to all sane people. Yet I wonder why we are suprised these dowladdiids support these warlords/wadaads. They have supported warlords who destroyed our country thinking it was in the interest of their "people" and they will continue to sing the praises for every fool that comes along and promeses them such. we will see were these terrorist and warlords take you.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Caamir:

"Anyone who underlines(mines) the success of the ICU, is in serious darkness, what is not serious about that son?"

underlines or undermines? Or you mean both?

Forget my English,I think you understand what I meant.

it's undermining,which was the whole point of the article which you posted.

Naxar,so the TFG is working for the interest of the people.Look at you accusing others of being insane, look at the miror buddy, insanity is the reflection which appears as a result of holding the miror infront of yourself.

NASSIR   

Is this the darkness you're talking about. Aminarts paints reality all the time altho he has his shortcomings sometimes as every human being.

caruur%20copy.jpg

sep%2030%202006.jpg

SEP%2024%202006%20copy.jpg

SEP%2029%202006%20copy.jpg

NASSIR   

"As for this article, what it shows is and has been clear to all sane people."

That was my understandnig of the article but the guys and girls of pro courts did the biased selections of minor things while bypassing his thesis and major points.

RedSea   

^thesis and major points? which were exactly?

as far as the cartoons go,Amir has the right to depict his thoughts on paper.

But things that not cartoonish,which really matter are these.

banaanbax9.jpg

banaanbax10.jpg

Dismantling the warlords that terrorise the people:

hubwareejinmuse8.jpg

The reopening of the Xamar airstrip:

garoonkamuqdisho7.jpg

garoonkamuqdisho10.jpg

the reopening of Dekedii Xamar:

Doomaha_dekedda.jpg

and most importanly the right to practice my faith without much fear of anything.!

xaflad27.jpg