Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

What Is The Right Way Forward For 'Somaliland?

Visit this website:www.somalilandgov.com

its the actual government site of your so-called country.

The help that the sool region received and the the investment towards the progress of the berbera port as if it was the only port in the north And the investment to provide electricity from Hargeisa to Berbera is just unfair treatment for the rest of the region.

The above link will give you just a few FACTS no FEELINGS. FACTS for at least 2 years. Geez how often must I repeat this, you must be one emotional brother.

Again lets be clear my point here is that while a government that helps its citizens is GREAT, its important to fairly spread the help. After all taxes are paid by all.

lol Nephthys,

These men keep talking about feelings but im giving them enough facts, I assume my gender is automatically associated with feelings unless we are speaking of what to cook for men..geez!

I love the picture by the way walaal smile.gif

You're latching on to straws. Infact, I applaud the government for helping the province of Sool. It was long over due, and a must. Forget the government, every somaliland community, village have raised funds all across Somaliland to help the nation building taking place there. Somaliland is a nation, you need to ask yourself what you can do for your country and not the other way around. lol Seriously, if Awdal is grumbling imagine the rest of the country. Its natural though, for regions to vy for the national pie. Even if the pie is small in Somaliland's case. However, I'm happy that Somaliland people are prospering despite these perceived regional greivences be they real or not. smile.gif Honestly though, you're still basing it on FEELINGS. Fortunately, Somaliland people do not wait for a governement to do what they can do for themselves. All they want is for the governement to get out of the way. Let them be and not hinder their creativity.

On different story, watever happen to "help sool fund". One would think that socalled Somaliland goverment could use those that fund to help with droughts in Sool, Sanaag and Toghdeer.

Spadez,

Im running out of facts, I mean do you know what the term means, must I draw something. Please dont ask me that, im no artist. As for the poor quote of JFK, I have done for my country and frankly still will whether its raising money for Hargeisa or a protest to oust the ethiopian troops from Mogadishu. See thats the difference between you and I, to me the whole place is my country. But my point is for the millionth time its not the responsability for a diaspora citizen to collect funds to built roads so that drivers dont die on dangerous roads. Its not for a diaspora citizen to collect money for hospitals so that people dont die of petty disease such a tubercolosis. Why would you then elect anyone if everyone does for themselves.

Lastly I just showed you a fact that the president of the make-belief country as in fact actively sought out investors and international help to invest in electricity in Hargeisa and invest in the Berbera port. There is a port in Zeila FYI, its historically more valued then the Berbera one, so what about investing in Zeila.

As for awdal, waiting for the help from Hargeisa has been long given up on. Awdal does what it can on its own, becoming the intellectual hub that it is today, thanks to its citizens and friends.

And if honesty is what you want walaal, the only feeling that I have is hope, for a better Somalia.

Lois Lane,

Facts is not mentioning 3 projects and then saying because of that small sample there is a bais in Somaliland. That is why you wont see me arguing with you that will only lead to a slippery slope, where I mention projects in awdal and then you mention other projects in other cities and so on and so forth. Its a futile excercise. However, despite the harsh conditions Somaliland people found themselves in 1991, they have made great strides from east to west. That's the reality. Does the government need to provide more absolutely. However, your charge that Awdal or any other province doesn't wait for hargeisa, that is true. Why would they? Its more sustainable when development is done on a communal level. Somaliland doens't need to become a basket case where all they do is wait for the governement. Then again, you're not for Somaliland so I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Also, relative to circumstances they find themselves in Somaliland people from east to west are quite satisfied. You being the 5 percenter can clamour for more. It will only force us to develop even faster. smile.gif

stoit   

Brilliant brother well done.

This is one of the most interesting articles that i have read for a while. Here i was thinking that we were doomed now since most are corrupted and rotten to the core. Am glad you spoke out dear freind, the more the voices like yours the sooner the stench will disperse and clear...uuuuuffff tribalism.

To those that are pushed to tribalism by insecurity ALLAH swt has asked us to have iimaan in his ability and trust ourselves

You have a big heart dear friend may it never tire -it seems to be pumping not only for you but also for all those that have lost faith and the courage to push on, along the way... aamiin.

Those that write hate mail to you for your ideas and love of somalia let them write to me too for i share your passion for our nation and for justice.

Somalia hanoolaato aamiin.

NGONGE   

^^ Don't bother. It's a long rant about Somalis sharing the same blood, traditions and history. The same dreamy stuff that has been argued for the past seventeen years! It also follows the same pattern. They start with an emotional appeal about being brothers then move to veiled ridicule and finally end it with a bit of fortune-telling!

If this article was written on the 17th of May 1991, one would have been moved a bit, tempted a little and maybe swayed a touch! But it was not written back then. Amazingly for someone so articulate and reasonable, this nonsense was written THIS month! You would have thought the brother would know a dead horse when he's seen one.