Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Puntland Needs Solution Urgently Regarding ONLF

Cowke   

Ok this crap has happened more then 1 time with arrests of onlf, handing over to ethiopia, and eve a killing in bossaso.

I think we in the diaspora should boycot puntland and not send a damn cent over there, they will learn not to being doing this.

This is getting beyond a joke. Security isssues can only be used so many times. This needs to stop or the onlf people will just take their business away and our port will become like berbera dead.

Puntland has to make hard decision and not try to get both sides of the cake. Trying to please addis and trying to please onlf socon meyso. The state needs to chose 1.

Either it's onlf trade that will be lost and stronger ethiopian support, or ethiopia relations will be strained.

Each scenario has it's pros and cons however this issue is well over-due. I am the first to admit it's one of my close kin who runs the PIS in bossaso osman diyano and i know why he does it, It's not for hate of onlf but for $$$.

All Puntland clan-elders are pro onlf, the people are overwhelming pro onlf. The Problem is admin/security services.

Wa in xal laga gaara waxaani looma adkeysan karo anymore, wa ridiculous. Even excuses of "onlf ppl in ethiopia work for ethiopia" doesn't help, you don't do two wrongs. If someone doesn't take a shower, does that mean you won't?

Anyways either way, their needs to be conclusion reached on this, whatever it may be.

The Zack   

Cowke, Well said! Puntland can't get it both ways. They need to stop strip-dancing for the Tigray regime or lose the western Somali business. Somaliland chose the first and Berbara, like you said, is a dead port today.

I concur. Selling stinky Xabasha slaves back to their Xabasha masters in Addis isn't a bad proposition whatsoever. It is too bad that some Puntlanders rarely take on the ONLF riffraff on moral grounds based on perceived familial relations to our ancestors because the ONLF's familial closeness to us is as weak as their economic foundations and benefit to Puntland. These people are not even Somali and do not be fooled by their use of our language!

^ wax bakhtiyay baad tahay ileyn

you are the one who doesn't have an ounce of somalinimo in him.

qabil infested mental midgets such as yourself waa waxay soomali u hor mari laadahay.

Cowke   

Mr.Somalia miyad wala tahay mise wa aniga?

This is not the first, second, or third time this has happened. The onlf people are being persecuted in ethiopia and Puntland if it wants to claim to be responsible state needs to give amnesty to those that are persecuted.

These people are innocent tahribis for goodness sakes, their not even rebels. Totally no excuses for this garbage it is firstly un-islamic to even hand a muslim to a christian, it is un-somali and not apart of our culture, and it is even against international law to send ppl that are persecuted back to the persecution they came from.

Zack, Yes Puntland will need to make a decision either way. It's up to the state what path it chooses, but it will need to take many factors into consideration such as;

1. Military and Arms supply from Ethiopia

2. Puntland Locals And their overwhelming support for onlf.

3. Clan-elders who are all pro onlf

4. Bossaso trade activity minus onlf contributions. A good example of this can be seen in berbera when they shifted operations from there and came to bossaso, it was only then bossaso picked up. I doubt it is just a coincidence.

There is many issues and factors that puntland will need to take into considerations, but it needs to make a choice either way, i am just totally against the position they are taking now trying to eat their cake on both sides which won't last for long.

I am personally not fond of the onlf i won't lie to you due to other external factors such as the naming of their region being tribal, their lack of consideration to their ppl who are suffering due to their rebellious act against addis and alot of other array of issues.

But My Concern is Puntland and I know the ppl are pro onlf and therefore it wouldn't be a wise move by any leader to being doing this. All it takes is someone from bossaso go to his mosque and hear the imam say "jihad against the administration" and puntland is over.

Therefore due to our local population overwhelming support and clan-elders(back-bone) of our region It would be in the wise interest of our people to take this case before the United Nations or AU and find an international mandate to end this looming crisis. It needs to be solved, i am personally fed up because everytime i hear it, it sends me a shockwave not because of onlf insults towards me but the response the puntland ppl will do the admin. Recently they went crazy in bossaso over a sheikh arrest and rioted for days.

Anyways, Waxaan xal nooma ahan and pointing the finger and saying "look at the onlf" and this and that xal nooma ahan. Like i said earlier two wrongs don't make something right. If a shabab militant decides to blow himself up, does that mean i will go blow myself up and say "look at shabab they are doing it".

Anyways we need mature minds in here not childish ones.

Originally posted by Cowke:

The onlf people are being persecuted in ethiopia

That's just silly thinking. The ONLF needs to start pacifying their lands, instead of pretending to be refugees in Somalia. They must learn to co-exist with their fellow countrymen in Ethiopia.

Originally posted by Mr. Somalia:

^^

Stay on topic or stfu.

Hate it or love it, the ONLF are Ethiopians.

Can't deal with the truth?

waka ninki ka sheekeyn jiiray Xunjuf maxaad somaliland uu sammaysateen ,dad somali ah ayaad xabashi ku sheegaysa. markasad leedahay maxaad ig ga tagtay walaalka baad xabashi uu dhiibaysa maxaad aniga ii haysa :cool:

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by Mr. Somalia: The ONLF needs to start pacifying their lands, instead of pretending to be refugees in Somalia. They must learn to co-exist with their fellow countrymen in Ethiopia.

Disgusting! Walee hooyadii ku dhashay weey kugu qasaartay.

Mr. Somalia walaal isku xishood. The late President of Somalia, Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke said:

Being the then Prime minister, Mr. Sharmarke was asked how his government could manage the elections and the Ethiopian aggression at the same time. He remarked his popular utterance “we will fight with one hand and hold the elections with the other”.

To All:

The legacy of Somaalinimo is the primary excuse used by the ONLF propaganda machine to attempt to rewrite our history to make average Somalis think they are helping the realization of greater Somalia by helping these non-starters from the ONLF desert. The ONLF do not care about Somalia nor do they care for Greater Somalia. The ONLF is a Xabasha organization created by Addis Ababa to sow discord amongst Somalis. The ONLF is a dummy guerrilla movement which promotes disunity and violence that has destroyed the genuine hopes and aspirations of the peoples of the O desert.

Therefore, I am not buying their elaborate cries whenever they are repatriated to their homeland whence they came. And if you can't stand me for that, then so be it.

To Luuq Ganaane:

An ill-educated populace is easily misled and controlled.

peasant   

I thought faroole was much better than that, being a someone who considers himself a practicing muslim and a smart statesman. If this is true, I am personally disappointed.

p.s you just cant trust who is behind some of these somali sites.