Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

In a state of anarchy power is the measure of right

Taleexi   

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.

--Beverly Sills

Mansa Munsa returned to his adopted country after he had spent long 45 days, crisscrossing a large portions of his motherland, namely; from Seylac to Beledweyn and what may lie there in between. This endeavor fall short reaching Deep South for obvious reasons including Ethiopian occupation, the deteriorating tension between the TFG and UIC, and other numerous, unquantifiable problems of which an anarchy system comes with.

The purpose of this trip was, first and foremost, to educate myself about the reality of the ground and the psychic of Somali citizens, who live in there, and thereafter wanted to reconcile my findings with the mentality of the wishy-washy, coffee latte addicts of the Somalis in the Diaspora. To make a long story short, a pleasant afternoon my Russian-made-plane touch the runway of the Hargeisa International Airport a.k.a. (Egal International Airport), this was my first time that I saw the 2nd capital city of Somalia, it was an emotional moment for me because in a long time this was the moment that I could talk like a proud Somali, smell Somali air, walk on a Somali soil and wherever I looked at; there were Somalis strolling, by the way these were the moments without proper names and sometimes I wonder why this skinny a-s-s-e-s just can't get along.

In all fairness, some Somalis regard Hargeisa, the capital of their self-proclaimed administration (Somaliland), Hargeisa has a bit over half million residents. Relatively speaking, its security was the best to all other places I had being in Somalia, something to be commended I must say. Nevertheless, the administration there is extremely corrupted, citizens' rights can be rendered and deprived at will, arbitrary arrests, and censoring of the media outlets are the norm. Over long seventeen years; the self-styled administration has to yet deliver anything worth mentioning to its subjects except shallow promises, a reality that is hard to digest but needs to be reckoned with is; over 90% of the infrastructure of this region, be schools, hospitals, roads and so on, is what the previous Somali government had put together.

With all that said, in mysterious ways the peace has been honored and preserved for many years in this part of the country except the recent hostile, illegitimate, and immoral aggression of Somaliland against North- Eastern regions (SSC) whose population in higher percentile doesn't subscribe to the ideals of what Somaliland represents, by all accounts, according to my own observations, this was an exercise of purest form of security dilemma.

After spending seven lovely nights in Hargeisa I rented Mark II so, I could continue my journey to Las Anod (LA). From this city some of my immediate family members had being displaced by the recent Puntland and Somaliland skirmishes. The trip between these two cities was virtually smooth, on the way I went through various splendid landscapes, be plains, mountainous and terrestrials. Because of my enthusiasm and nostalgia of this whole trip; the ordeal of the trip was almost negligible. I reached LA when Maghrib prayer was called. The mood here was different with what I had experienced in Hargeisa, somehow people of LA were a bit anxious, and exhibited a higher uncertainty about their near future.

During my stay in LA; I intermingled with the locales and asked them about what went wrong?. How such a city which was one of the fastest growing cities in Somalia, a linkage between the northern, and southern Somali regions and that of Reserve Area; all of a sudden collapsed and became a ghost town. I posed such questions to them, and I said: you can blame 24/7 the Garowe and Hargeisa administrations but the city's own sons, above all else, victimized and paralyzed the sort of semblance existed there. Some said; get use to it--it is just the signs of the new times, some nodded, and kept moving and others were dismayed by my blunt questioning. However, the majority population of this region gives their allegiance to the autonomous Puntland State, a bit over a quarter is proponents for self rule, and 10 to 15 percent embrace Somaliland ideals, the rest are stunned and undecided. Somali unity is very strong here even though some question its divident because this region contributed more than its share during the struggle for freedom and it has to yet realize any payback.

Garowe, the administrative city of Puntland, was my next stop. What once was a beacon of hope, and the foundation of building blocks suggested for reincarnation of Somali nation by many political analyst and experts of the region. It has become an administration that fits all negative adjectives that can come to your mind. Lawlessness is its peak since PL was coined, not to mention the pirates, random killings through out Puntland, even more nowadays in Bosaso which is the economic pipe of the region, ill-conceived deals in regards to natural resources of the region and pocketing for whatever generated from the meager economy, disintegration of the administration is underway as Maakhir declared its secession from PL. President Adde and his Vice failed their constituents in any way, shape or form possible. Incompetence, corruption, insecurity and lack of good governance are the hallmarks of the current administration. If PL leadership is not changed soon I am very confident to say that she is a good candidate of becoming next hot spot within Somalia.

I also visited my uncle who resides in Badhan, the capital city of the newly inaugurated, autonomous state of Maakhir. There is a friction and tension within the Maakhirities about the destiny of the new administration whether it will break up from or stay with PL for good. However, Maakhirities, unlike their neighbors (SSC), had managed to keep their problems under control. Something that needs further enhancement and assistance I must say. I had spent good fifteen days from Badhan, Bosaso to Galkacayo and then hit the road for Beledweyn.

On my way to Beledweyn, the capital of Hiiran region, I went through the heart of Galgaduud. Cadaado and Dhuusamareeb, my two stops in Galgaduud region, for sure I will remember them about the delicious meals (Goat meat, milk and rice) that I had in these cities for sometimes to come. I reached Beledweyn that is where I wanted to meet up an old friend, Mr. Omar, of mine who teaches the high school there and runs a small business of his own. Omar and I took promenade on the Shabelle river banks and he zoomed me in to the past and briefed about his socio status and the situation of the region in general. Jokingly over the course of our discussion Mr. Omar stated that they (Reer Hiiraan) could feed the entire Somali nation if peace prevails and developments kicks in. Indeed what I witnessed in this region proved Omar’s assertion right.

In conclusion, Somalis are regarded homogeneous society that has not been able to get along for such a long time; they have stunned many anthropologists, religious and political pundits who believed that homogeneity brings social cohesion and strength. However, Somalis defied that rationale and proved it wrong to everyone's surprise.

Love it or hate it; Ethiopian occupation in Somalia is a reality. Obviously, her military presence concentrates on the Southern regions but even if one observes carefully about PL and SL dominions. One would notice subtly about her undeniable influence. These administrations can't officially condemn any of Ethiopian wrong doings. Let alone condemning them; they have to reciprocate expeditiously and without a condition any call that comes from Mele's regime.

Love it or hate it; approximately a half million people has been displaced from Mogadishu alone, forget about all others who were forced to flee from their homes for no apparent reasons, these victims care less whether the TFG, UIC or any other entity rules them, they just want to have normal life. Raise their kids with dignity so they can achieve their potential, and merely be ordinary citizens.

Love it or hate it; In a nutshell Ethiopian presence is the core and the mother of all our problems and its withdrawal is a must if we want to move forward. However, prior to Ethiopian invasion, Somalis had done to one another all heinuous crimes, and even some enslaved others and because of these recorded facts when Ethiopians depart in one way or another. Our situation will not be a creme del la creme but the environment of a healthy dialogue can be fostered.

Love it or hate it; Somali nation is on the decline and our indifference isn't helping it either. As they say; "it takes two to play tango" therefore, no matter how much our views are apart, no matter what region or clan you hail from, no matter how diehard you are on your beliefs, Somalis need to do this together. Mark my word, in our present time there is no single entity or grouping in Somalia, regardless of its connotations, that can navigate MAANDEEQ to safety.

Laba-X   

Mark my word, in our present time there is no single entity or grouping in Somalia, regardless of its connotations, that can navigate MAANDEEQ to safety.

Dambarkeedii Maandeeq niman dhaqanin baa dhamaye, but the time is nigh, my dear friends, inay doobabkii dawlisyada dhaadheer u sitay gaawaha ka buuxsadaan. Taa anna iga qora!

Welcome back ina-adeer Mansa!

NASSIR   
Originally posted by Mansa Munsa

During my stay in LA; I intermingled with the locales and asked them about what went wrong?. How such a city which was one of the fastest growing cities in Somalia, a linkage between the northern, and southern Somali regions and that of Reserve Area; all of a sudden collapsed and became a ghost town. I posed such questions to them, and I said: you can blame 24/7 the Garowe and Hargeisa administrations but the city's own sons, above all else, victimized and paralyzed the sort of semblance existed there. Some said; get use to it--it is just the signs of the new times, some nodded, and kept moving and others were dismayed by my blunt questioning. However, the majority population of this region gives their allegiance to the autonomous Puntland State, a bit over a quarter is proponents for self rule, and 10 to 15 percent embrace Somaliland ideals, the rest are stunned and undecided. Somali unity is very strong here even though some question its divident because this region contributed more than its share during the struggle for freedom and it has to yet realize any payback.

Garowe, the administrative city of Puntland, was my next stop. What once was a beacon of hope, and the foundation of building blocks suggested for reincarnation of Somali nation by many political analyst and experts of the region. It has become an administration that fits all negative adjectives that can come to your mind. Lawlessness is its peak since PL was coined, not to mention the pirates, random killings through out Puntland, even more nowadays in Bosaso which is the economic pipe of the region, ill-conceived deals in regards to natural resources of the region and pocketing for whatever generated from the meager economy, disintegration of the administration is underway as Maakhir declared its secession from PL. President Adde and his Vice failed their constituents in any way, shape or form possible. Incompetence, corruption, insecurity and lack of good governance are the hallmarks of the current administration. If PL leadership is not changed soon I am very confident to say that she is a good candidate of becoming next hot spot within Somalia.

I also visited my uncle who resides in Badhan, the capital city of the newly inaugurated, autonomous state of Maakhir. There is a friction and tension within the Maakhirities about the destiny of the new administration whether it will break up from or stay with PL for good. However, Maakhities, unlike their neighbors (SSC), had managed to keep their problems under control. Something that needs further enhancement I must say.I had spent good fifteen days from Badhan, Bosaso to Galkacayo and then hit the road for Beledweyn.[/b]

Mansa Munsa, Welcome back brother man and thanks for sharing with us your exciting, cardinal yet adventurous trip to Somalia. I hope you'll be kind enough to add diatary supplements into SOL debates based on the practical experience you have gained from back home.

:D

Som@li   

a bit over a quarter is proponents for self rule, and 10 to 15 percent embrace Somaliland ideals, the rest are stunned and undecided. Somali unity is very strong here even though some question its divident because this region contributed more than its share during the struggle for freedom and it has to yet realize any payback.

If 15% support SL, How did Secessionists took over?

^^ Mansa Munsa is well known in the forums for his anti-Somaliland posts and in some cases cheap propaganda against any thing that has links to SL.

So from that background, lets say the 15% from his point view would actually translate to at least 50% to an impartial observer.

Anyways, welcome back Munsa. Hope you had a great time and few pictures to share with us. :D

PS

I see that you went through Hargeisa. From experience, the SL haters from Sool go through Bosaso, any reason why you broke ranks there?

NGONGE   

Glad to hear you've had a nice time, saaxib. This got me thinking though; you're either a student, unemployed or self employed. You spent 45 days back home. FORTY FIVE DAYS!

Taleexi   

Thanks my dear SOL friends,

I didn’t expect you less than that and I thank you back for your warm welcoming. Without further reservations I anticipated sharing with you for what I saw without censorship. Sifting my piece is a legit position to take and your right as every writer and reader injects some sort of native bias into discussions.

Akhyaarta…Ducaysane, Che -Guevara, Emperor, Caamir, Malika and Laba_Xiniinyood…Thank You.

Sir Oodweyne, and Odayaasha kale (Ngonge, Ayoub, and Suldaanka): First and foremost, I thank you for your comments. By the way, it would be unfair to you that I address all of your comments into one response because as individuals; you have varied positions on different issues. However, you guys have one common denominator that being the belief of Somaliland’s irrefutable independence. Traditionally, there is an irony to your arguments; you ignore, omit and take lightly a relevant variable from the political discourse of SL; Embrace it!! there are sizable northerners who are not singing with you on the same lines of the song. Not accommodating for those who disagree, yet you share so much with; will definitely compromise with our symbiosis.

Oodweyne: I am looking forward your rebuttals pertaining SL’s dogma. We will swing the pendulum as time permits.

Suldaanka: Don’t laminate me anti-Somaliland if I happen to differ from you when it comes to SL’s secession.

Ngonge: I sleep less than the average person. Hope that answers your question.

Dear Dabshid:

What a very legit question you posed Ya Dabshid: In my judgment, the combination of the following factors had facilitated the fall of LA to the less-impressed group by the masses.

1- Lack of leadership in this part of the country

2- Tension and suspecting within this community

3- A big PL betrayal of a segment of its subjects.

4- Determined local, homegrown merchants

These aforementioned, and other reasons that you are welcome to add to the list, are the determinants of the fall of LA.

^^MM somali politics as it is today is decided by external factors...

i would be interested if you shed light on living standards (running water, education, access to medical facilities, and the like) in SL, PL, and the portion of the South you saw! Population growth--how is it?

ps welcome back duqa!