Sign in to follow this  
KEYNAN22

IT has started Ladies and Gents, It has started. The Talibans in da House!!

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

What makes ours any different?

That it's not ours! It's an importation of alien strain of Islam.

Somalis have been muslims for the better part of a millennia and nary 1 person was meted out lapidation as punishment. OUR forebears we're wise and smart enough to reject Sharia Law. For they saw it wasn't how we wanted to govern ourselves. If they didn't think stoning a living, breathing human to death acceptable a 1000 years ago, why do you think it's tolerable today, in 2006?!!!... the rest of the world uses rocks to make chips that power the computer you're using now and we enlightened Somalis are chucking 'em at fellow human being with the intent to kill! I'm stumped!

Our women were allowed to dress as they saw fit in stark contrast to imposed -- by means of hook or crook!! -- obligatory attire in the form of Hijabs, Jilbaabs or whatever else they just invented. Art, sociality and everything else that breeds conviviality wasn't stifled and stultified as they appear to be at the behest of self-appointed God's interlocutors.

Lapidation is not the Somali way, nor should it be as there is no compelling reason/s... no Somali worth his/her salt can assent to it becoming one now.

Duufaan   

As I understand, it is optional to participate the public stoning but please, no pictures!. Taking pictures in the process is a different issue. A time when they are collecting electronic equipments from homes, simply they cannot let media to be present.

^^^ These looters, and occupiers are not Islamic, even calling them a Taliban is an insult to the Afghani movement.

Xasan Dahir wasnts attention he is getting it.

RedSea   

HORNAFRIQUE, DUUFAAN, SAKHAR, and the rest of the brothers and sisters who are using their God given minds correctly, I advise you all to leave dealing with this confused folks. What I have lately discovered is that some people will speak the dumbest things and no matter how much prove, evidence that you throw at them, they are willing to except not and rather they go the opposite direction.

I am thanking u for bringing some sense into these walls. Well even mountains would shake in fear of their lord if they heard the divine message, but apparently it's unfair to compare these folks to mountains as they know and worship their lord. However, the only way we can bring an end to these never ending arogance which is coming from their side is to just ignore as they don't deserve a well thought of responses.

So as Allah said " wa idaa khada humul jaahilu qaaluu salaama".

RedSea   

Originally posted by Yo-Yo Ma:

Personally, I wouldn't stone them...Just cut off their "Ali". [/QB]

This matter is not about your personal idealogy, it's the way Allah made it to be. In any matter, Allah's way is always the right way. Let us obey and let us not look for different options when it comes to dealing with criminals and rapists other than the way that has already been subscribe by Allah for criminals to be dealt.

The Prophet(PBUH), the companions, and all the good people didn't contest on what was subscribe to them and they didn't all of sudden look for their OWN way, they took as it was told as it was revealed, why should we be any different since the Prophet Muhammed is our main example.

Let us be little careful of what we say sometimes shall we?

Why am I picking you? well, I have respect for your intelligence and I am completely aware of what is being said in this thread, however I am only to address the good and understanding people such as you YO YO. ;)

Gabbal   

SocodBadne, I will not debate with a non-Muslim about Islamic Law. You, however, are free to debate with your creator who is to have provided our laws to us.

Kuwiinaan kale. Ma waad Muslim tihiin, diinta Islaamku qirateen? Warku cadeeyo! We are refusing a fundamental aspect of our religion but are claiming to be "Muslims" will not work. Yes or no? Whole or not?

Khayr   

Originally posted by Duufaan:

West kill innocent people by assumption. Guilty poeple go free because they have good defenders and kill innocent because they do not have money to hire defenders. at least this case they are not innocent.

Saax!

Waryaadha, SOL has been dead boring of late.

This post brings back some of that excitement (a little!)

The media are always self serving and slanted.

Anyways, I don't see why there should be a debate about this at all.

Uthman1   

There are some people in hear that speaking in a state of disbeliever. Tell me why do you make haram what Allah has made halal? Why dont you follow the commandments of Allah as the Messenger(pbuh) and his early companions did?

Allah commands that the punishment for rape and adultry is the stonning of death. If all the evidence is available for conviction then what is the problem? This is a commandment by Allah and one could be in a state of kufr by making a law by Allah haram when its halal.

For those who do not see Islamic law as fit for purpose, then perharps u should re-avualate where your faith lies.

For others, appying Sharia law requires great knowledge and we as muslims value life greatly (remember the hadith where a muslims' life can be taken on only three occations) and in saying that ones' life should not be taken is haste to manner what the circs are.

I am not aware of the level of knowledge of the indivuals running the everyday affairs of the various courts but i beleive such judgemenets of sentencing a person to death should be reserved for a central Islamic court ( which does not exist now )

This means a prober and funciontning Islamic court with jurisdrict powers across Somalia will need to be set up b4 Sharia can be fully applied.

In the meantime the courts' main aim should be to govern the land it controls and detain the criminals untill a 'fit for purpose' Islamic court is established.

At the momement the courts have the hearts and minds of the fast majority of Somali people and well as the support of the muslim world, but the next few weeks/months will determine if they can maintain such support and how they conduct themselves will be the key to that.

N.O.R.F   

Capital punishment exists everywhere. What makes ours any different?

HA, maybe its because it seems crueler (if there is such a word) in the eyes of the west and those of us who have been lucky enough to be educated there. What gets me however is the fact that some of us have become so 'educated' that we can actually question Allah's (SWT) guidance.

Who said the following words,,,,,,"we gave you books and schools and you became educated f*&ls"?

We should be asking for guidance for the islamic courts in the hope of seeing some sort of consistancy in their future judgments and not question Allah SWT.

Johnny B   

According to HA , if you're Muslim you support this ( and whatever the Somali-Talibans do in Somalia), if you don't support, then you're not a Muslim?

With such a stance and plain double moral HA pours more than 3/4 of Somalis into hell version of HA and his Somali-Talibans.

Dhubad.   

^^^I can't believe there are some MUSLIMS who are questing Allah's command. Let me get straight, are you guyz saying stonning to death for offences such as adultery is not a slamic law and is therefore barbaic action?

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

Originally posted by Yo-Yo Ma:

Why am I picking you? well, I have respect for your intelligence and I am completely aware of what is being said in this thread, however I am only to address the good and understanding people such as you YO YO.
;)

Don't patronize me Awoowe.

N Please remind yourself next time you feel like imparting your infinite wisdom and your knowledge of Islam, people at times don't say things out of ignorance.

P.S My support for the courts has little to with their adherence to Islamic laws and way of life.