Sign in to follow this  
Dhashiike

The Rubberstamping of the Occupation

STOIC   

Ruunta eso sheega for once, people. It always has been and forever shall remain 'reer hebel' against 'reer hebel'

This is why I’m still afraid of endorsing our beautiful small Somaliland. I’m afraid we will also succumb to this internecine struggle for power and influence soon or later like Dhagaalki Sokeyahaa . When it comes to Somali politics I’m like a restless bird who always feels the premonition for an earthquake on its way.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Baashi:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

I too believe this agreement to be a
pointless one...

Why is it pointless?
Because I don't think the following will ever happen:

a. To request the United Nations, consistent with UN Security Council Resolution 1814 and within a period of one hundred and twenty (120) days, to authorize and deploy an international stabilization force from countries that are friends of Somalia excluding neighboring states;

Castro   

It always has been and forever shall remain 'reer hebel' against 'reer hebel'.

Yes, but, as with any dish worth cooking, you have the fire, the main ingredients, and the spices that make it worth eating.

The main ingredient is our divided house. The fire that's fueling it, in addition to us, includes foreign objects (Tigray, UN, US, EU, Arabs, etc...) and the spices are imperialism, hegemony, war of terror, control of resources, Islam, etc...

I should write a paper on this.

Faarax, adeer we know what Islamic Courts did. We also know what they did not do. No one denies that good things Courts brought to somalis but to suggest that their emergence ended the somali civil war is a quite leap

Perhaps you are correct.(although i cant correctly recall suggesting they ended it?).

*Sorry cant wish the dbdhfl curse on you* smile.gif

Baashi   

We still have 120 days to go. The marked date is three pages deep in the calendar. Lets wait and see.

The two sides (one side splintered into sub groups) made significant compromises. UN and regional groupings and other interested powers who witnessed the proceeding made a pledge to Somalis. Both TFG and ASR expect them to come through on their promises. I have a hunch they will be disappointed and an extension is unavoidable.

Folks should give Djibouti effort a chance.

Fabregas   

quote:What took place in Djibouti was in no way a 'peacemaking' effort. The US and its allies unfurled a trap, a platform where they could carry out a tactical strategy under UN cover.

You tell them!

Castro   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Folks should give Djibouti effort a chance.

What does that entail? What does giving the Djibouti effort a chance mean? Not speak about it? Not point out its deficiencies? Pray? Hope? Celebrate? Ululate?

What exactly is one supposed to do to give it a chance?

^^Understand for what it really is; a genuine but imperfect attempt to attain an Ethiopian withdrawal thru peaceful means. A solemn realization that Somali affairs are in a foreign hands (UN, America, etc) and to untangle the trap, one must firs try to erect a framework by which to do away internal divisions by at least talking to the other side, the Somali side! Get a grip on these facts and don’t jump ship when the mouthers of half-truths pen their gloomy thoughts…

Resist the thought of Sharif being a sold out, or twofaced, or treacherous…

Have a patience adeer.

Castro   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Resist the thought of Sharif being a sold out, or twofaced, or treacherous…

That, I will resist. The Shariif may not have engaged in any treachery, I'll submit, but it seems he has been duped.

Inshallah khayr.

Warmoog   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Why would any informed Somali individual deny the root cause of Somali conflict and pretend that the brief six-month Islamic Courts rule on some parts of the country ended the Somali civil war?

There is no denying that the current crisis in Somalia--the insecurity, the displacement, the massacres, the forced starvation, the assassinations, the renditions, the destruction of the economy, and so on--stems from the occupation. If you think it stems from something else, that is for you to explain. As for the period of ICU rule, those six months punctuated the end of the years of warlordism and marked the beginning of a new political reality in Somalia. The hard-won peace and security Somalis enjoyed after ousting the warlords and the stirrings of real, meaningful change the ICU ushered in were precisely what the invasion and ongoing occupation were meant to halt and destroy. The suggestion that a civil war was still raging in the country during the ICU period, or that a civil war is raging even today, is baseless. It belies the peace the invaders shattered and it bolsters the sinister notion that the Tigray-led mercenaries are doing the Somali people a big favour by, as some argue, 'intervening' in a supposed civil war.

The actual point of the third paragraph of my previous post, which is what seems to have roused your question, essentially has do with the UN Security Council’s fraudulence as a so-called mediator in the signing of the 'agreement', something most evident in the fact that it never acknowledges the occupation. Read Resolution 1814. It repeatedly mentions the AMISON presence (numbering approx. 1400) in the country, but refers to the more than 50,000 Tigray-led mercenaries only once and, even then, not as Ethiopian troops or anything of the like, but as the 'other foreign forces'. The extent of the diplomatic cover they are being given is obvious, and this is just the very tip of the iceberg, so let there be no delusions about the role of the UN Security Council in Somalia. Its tactics, and the US agenda its decisions reflect, centre on protecting the puppets who do their bidding and maintaining an occupying force of one form or another. One could go on and on about the ways in which they are trying to do this, but I'll keep it short. For anyone who wants to understand the new offensives these menaces are carrying out in their proxy war against Somalia (the 'agreement' being chief among them), the facts are easily attainable and just as easy to understand.

Why would she resort to label the leadership of the ARS who after thinking long and hard of this Somalis azmah entered this agreement as twofaced and treacherous runaways who can no longer be trusted with the task of ending this sad saga of ours?

I gather it hasn't yet occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, some people hold the leaders of the ARS to a high standard because they know the nature of the struggle Somalis are engaged in and they know exactly what the ARS itself stands for. The runaways who signed the 'agreement' are wrong in many ways. The wrongfulness of their dealings is evident when viewed from an Islamic perspective. The Qur'aan is crystal clear on the course of action it prescribes when a Muslim land is attacked and we know there is consensus among the 'ulema on the correctness of physical jihad in this case. We also know that esteemed Somali 'ulema like Sh. Shariif Cabdinuur, Sh. Cumar Faaruuq, Sh. Cumar Iimaan, and other people of knowledge have given their religious opinions in the form of fatwas and lectures which pertain specifically to what is going on in Somalia and even the Djibouti 'agreement' itself. One need only read or listen to what they say about the importance of the jihad, the ruling on those who aid or side with the aggressors, whether a ceasefire can be declared, the permissibility of participating in talks like those held in Djibouti, whether a power-sharing agreement with the TFG is permissible, and so on. The runaways' campaign offers nothing of benefit to the resistance and, in turn, the overall population. Rather, it is an attempt to veer the struggle off course and, in the process, change the ultimate goal of gaining independence (in every sense of the word) and establishing Shari'ah-based governance in Somalia to something more palatable to, and more in line with the dictates/agenda of, Isbahaysiga Gaalada. This, to me, is more than enough indication of treachery and two-facedness on the part of those who are trying to lead people down that path. If they persist in what they are doing, if they do not turn away from it and correct themselves, then I have no reason to have a favourable view of them.

There are some other things to consider. The ARS is an organization which, since its inception, has been working with clearly-defined rules, principles, and objectives. It is not a ship steered by the wimps or wishes of particular individuals, so one can very easily discern the ways in which some of its leaders and members-—not just the one particular individual nomads keep naming, but three dozen individuals of various backgrounds and positions within the ARS-—have wronged the organization they claim to represent, undercut the cause whose principles they claim to uphold, and misrepresented the people (the adherents of the cause) they claim to speak for. They knowingly sidestepped the clear-cut stance held not just by the ARS, but by the resistance as a whole, in terms of not engaging in talks with the stooges while the country is under occupation and, hence, not recognizing the stooges, legitimizing the presence of the occupiers, and absolving them all of the crimes they have committed against the Somali people. The terms of the 'agreement' they signed also go against the most fundamental principles of the ARS's political program. They have made false statements which go against the ARS's charter in the media. They have even gone so far as to say that, in the event the Tigray-led mercenaries leave, they want the Somali people to just forget about what happened and move on. (There goes the very idea of justice. Out the window.) The list goes on, and I could give specific examples. Whether one views the runaways' dealings/activities from a purely Islamic perspective or considers facts that do not have an apparent basis in religion, or both, the conclusion is the same. Something is very clearly amiss. Questions and criticisms will invariably be voiced by myself and whoever else that chooses to speak against the dangers (and the evil) they see in what is going on. Those who scribble miffed retorts and seem so agitated by views different from their own should simply find healthier ways to deal with their issues.

And what is it that she liked in the current fight that she happily thanks Allah?

It is abundantly clear that I believe the 'agreement' is only of benefit to Isbahaysiga Gaalada and its puppets, that it is something which serves no purpose other than to cripple the resistance by causing within it division and conflict. Considering the resistance is the only collective that has stood up to defend the Somali people in the face of foreign subjugation, it would be a very dark day in our history if (God forbid) infighting were to break out in its midst and the gains of the struggle were to thus diminish. It is by the mercy of Allah that, despite the plots and plans and multidimensional attacks of Isbahaysiga Gaalada, the resistance within the country remains united in purpose. So, again, alhamdulillaah.

Fabregas   

^^Walaal, I think you are spot on with regards to the Djibouti Film being a divide and conquer strategy. But the civil war never ended, even during the ICU or even now!

Warmoog   

^^^

Could you clarify what you mean by civil war and expand a little on the above point of yours? As in when the war you are referring to started, who/what is engaged in it, the scope and nature of it, etc. (Thanks.) I'm aware that people have various understandings and explanations of what took place in Somalia throughout the last 17 years or more. I'm also aware that people sometimes say civil war in reference the whole period, during which, in reality, a lot of different conflicts and crises have taken place. Personally, I don't dispute that there is an enduring crisis in Somalia. I happen to think what is going on now is distinct and in many way far removed from what was going on before the proxy war--which, mind you, was in effect even before the six months of ICU rule (recall: the war between the alliance of warlords and the Islamic Courts)--took on a new face in form of the ongoing occupation.