Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Mohamed Abdi Hashi: Ina Yeey's shadow?

During the 2000 American presidential elections, Democratic candidate Al Gore did his best to detach himself from the stains of Clintonism - a man under whose shadow he stood for eight years. So my question is this:

Is current Puntland president Mohamed Abdi Hashi - who spent six years as Abdullahi Yusuf's VP - an extension of the former leader's politics?

Sophist   

First may you take this apportunity to define or better outline what was the current president of Somalia's policies were while he was at the helm of Puntland!

SOO MAAL   

Wind talker believe it or not, President Abdulaahi Yusuf is democratically elected by all Somalis, whether Mohamad Abdi Hashi is Abdulaahi Yusuf's shadow or not, Abdulaahi Yusuf is the president of all Somalia including puntland, and still has so much influence on puntland.

Mohamed Abdi Hashi is like Daahir Riyaale Kaahin, they both the shadow of their predecessors. As Somalilanders elected Riyaale, Puntlanders might elect Haashi.

Wind talker, we in Somaliland, we have to sit back and watch, and do not worry Puntland affairs.

What did Abdullahi Yusuf achieve during his tenure as Puntland leader (1998-2004):

- Security in all the major cities in the Northeast. However, its noteworthy to mention that the Northeast survived most of Somalia's internal civil wars, save for Galkacyo (against the USC) and Boosaaso (against al-Itihad) in the early 1990s. All Ina Yeey did was unite the military forces of the SSDF under one command and call himself commander-in-chief (stepping stone to his real dream).

What else did Abdullahi Yusuf's administration do?

Nothing else positive. His administration did little to build, refurbish or financially support the education system. Forget about helping build schools or hospitals: he's the same guy who stood in the way of grassroots efforts to build such vital public institutions. And let's not forget about the 2001-2002 era when, instead of trying to find a peaceful solution between him and Jama Ali Jama, he chose to arm his militias and attack from Galkacyo and go North, creating long-lasting clan animosities in the process.

The guy's resume is long and the individual stories are really heartbreaking. He's the same guy who refused the residents of Nugaal region (supported by the Nugaal Diaspora) from building a Teacher's Institute in Garoowe - instead wanting the Teacher's Institute to be built in Galkacyo. Why?

BTW, Garoowe Teacher's Institute is up and running and has the capacity to graduate 300 teachers a year.

MY POINT IS THIS: Will Mohamed Abdi Hashi act as a mouthpiece for Colonel Yeey or be a man with his own mind?

P.S. After M.A. Hashi's recent consultation visit to Nairobi and talks with Colonel Yeey, he returned to Garoowe and his first act was to remove Puntland police commissioner Nuur Salaad from the post he held for the past six months. His replacement: Afgaduud - none but Ina Yeey (and VP Gaagaab's) first cousin. Lawful presidential act or something that has to do with the upcoming elections?

Intel   

Originally posted by wind.talker:

Afgaduud - none but Ina Yeey (and VP Gaagaab's) first cousin.

thats not quite right WT

^^ I agree, Wind, Earth and Fire made a big blunder on that comment?

General Afgaduud is actually from Morgan's sub-sub clan. His mother is also from Garoowe if that exonerates President Hashi from Wind's baseless accusations. :D

^^

Sxb-ow, I have YET to make an accusation. I've only managed to ask a question: Is M.A. Hashi Ina Yeey's mouthpiece? I wonder where the accusation is in that..

And I stand corrected on the Afgaduud comment. But the question of the unexplained and unreasonable change in police leadership weeks before the election is valid. Why now? And why after talks in Nairobi with none other than Col. Ina Yeey?

I'll like to see some arguments centered around the two possibilites: change in Garoowe or keep the same squad?

Didn't I say this guy sure listens to much to the lalala music of earth, wind and fire. About his insistance of a teacher's institute being build in Galkayo instead of Garowe is false. Where on earth did you get that info.

Second LSKT is right. Col Afgudud, known as an effective and strict military style police officer, is from the same laf as General Morgan.

FYI, the leadership of Col Yey started as early as in 1991 when he came out of prison in Addis Ababa. Disillusioned, suffering from liver problems due to electrocutation during torture sessions by Mengistu he still took his duty and defended his homeland from being victims of death and destruction of the civil war.

You are correct about some flaws of Abdullahi Yusuf, but you spoil it with fabriced lies and unfounded accusations.

^^

Fulay dhulka ku dhigtay camal miyaa? I jus said I stand corrected on the Afgaduud comment.

Funny tho: none of the diehard Puntlanders wanna discuss the issue of the unnatural closeness between Ina Yeey and M.A. Hashi. The way I see it, Ina Yeey'll still call shots from Nairobi to lead Puntland into another term of rampant corruption and favoritism. I guess some of you want to continue down that path..