Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Waddanka Kaga Baxa in 24 hours!

Ibtisam   

^^You have made your bed over the years in SOL, as far back as 2004 (or possible even before) and although it took a while to find you a suitable box, it seem you have been given a resting place, which I know you are aware of, because I have seen you lay in that made bed, and I have seen you jump off it deny, deny and deny and defend. Does it matter? No not really, just another perspective as I see it. But then I’m women, irrational as you know and emotional, so really who I’m to comment. :D In fact what I'm doing here...

Emperor   

^You are not? I was filing some applications :D

Back to the topic...

HAha, it is like chicken coming home to roost, whats up with the SL Admin... LOoooooooL

Emperor   

^For the first time I can agree with you on that, cut loose, throw them out the wild and unpofessional journalist, Good Job by the SL admin...

Ghanima :D , Maya Ina Abti, that has to be discussed out in the open, somewhere far, very far from this tedious, tension filled politics sections... Viva the nightmare, long may it continue

Ibtisam   

^^Loool Maa tiidy, I'm only thankful that the said nightmare is over, not to mention torturing reviews. On the down side, I’m now house bound due to fear of running into you or nino brown oo qaaliniyah at my ends! so either way I'm traumatised for life. :D

Ghanima, i think i am kinda feel vindicated about my stances,namely that somalis are all in the same boat. The sooner we realise that the sooner we can push Ethiopia back and regian our dignity. Geeljire has made a good points. he seems to undertand why some segments of somalis do what they do to maintain the relationship they have with Ethiopia.

To me somaliland is the same as Puntland. a collection of somalis that govern themselves, but in the absence of somali state they are vulnerable and often fall prey for the hegemonic policies of our neighbor! And that's exactly what's happeneing!

Emperor   

Ghanima, Traumatised Aaa? Haye bal noo wad... Ooh never mind not in here, will ask you to continue in the woman section, Xagaasay noo ahaan... :D

RedSea   

Xiin faniin,

Most of us know that you are sincere about your stances. However, we need to use logic when it comes to unity. You should already KNOW that Somaliland has alot of things gone wrong. It's offcourse being influenced by Ethiopia, there is no way of surviving that at the moment, when you are poor, unrecongnized by anyone. That is just no brainer. Trust me we all know and understand that.

Secondly, as far somali unity goes. It's said maah maah, barasho horteed ha inicin. Somaliland and delegations from Southern Somalia (Puntland+further koonfur) have not YET sat down in a table and discussed anything. That hasn't happened as of yet, therefore how would you how somaliland wants to deal with the rest of Somalis if they haven't even talked yet.

As I said many times before, poeple have to talk and discuss before they start accusing. Somaliland is being accused of secceeding from other somalis, which is absurd. They bash 'em, they dislike them, they curse them, that is only going to motivate Somaliland.

Division could have several meanings. Puntland and Southern Somalia could be in 'unity' or might be sporting the same flag. But do you really think that an ordinary Joe from Galkcayo has alot to do with one from Muqdisho. The people's hearts aren't even connected, each dreams of how he would destroy the other, mind you that is even happening today.

So all these things have to be taken care of, before we really can talk about anything else. Let us not be so superficial, you are wise man. So open your mind little bit to these points and understand our side of opinion.

1. Areas that are under suppression from Ethiopian regime MILITARILY have to be freed.

2. Those areas have to find a way to settle things between them and bring peace about.

3. They have to have 1 voice that represents them.

But right now, it's like sitting in a office where there are papers all over the place, out of order and unorganized but yet you complain about that little corner where there is organization and order in place. What would you most likely do, complain or perhaps suggest or do ways to organize the rest?

Think deeper xiin.

Red Sea, one of the ways of organizing the rest is to raise their awareness adeer that these political sand-dunes [somaliland, Puntland, etc] and the divisions that exist among them are nothing but part of the scheme to hold Somalia down! How could we achieve the first item on your list if our interests do not even converge vis-à-vis Ethiopia? Tell me my good brother, if you are off a noble blood, how could we ever meet the first condition on your list if Somalis are at each other’s throat and Ethiopia is deemed as a stabilizing factor in the majority of our political circles including, of course, that of Somaliland and Puntland? Give me your plans and strategies adeer! Be the reasonable voice out of this mad crowd and I will be all ears….

Ps---I don not wish to repeat my self and what I stand for in these boards. I am for stable Somalia where this continuous exodus and suffering stops. I firmly believe that can’t be achieved as long Ethiopia frustrates any effort to that regard. Just so you know, when I say Somalia, I mean just that---Somalia! And that would include Somaliland and other lands.

Emperor   

^Huh? Has every topic turned into finding a solution for the Somali problem, it might be correct, they say money is the root of all evil... In this case Somalia's political quagmire is the root of all evil or rather Ethiopia being the root... Any topic on any angle of discussion regarding Somalia should only get back to solving that root, makes sense... Never mind, here I was only trying to convince myself :D