Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Mogadishu: Big companies and ego's caught in sweep

xaan caddeynaynaa in hubka aan qabannay aan u soo bandhigno saxaafadda; dabadeedna aan ku wareejinno cidammada AMISOM, hub walba oo lagu qabto howlgallada ka socda Muqdisho, waxaan ku wareejinnaynaa Nabad ilaaliyeyaasha Midowga Afrika"

ayuu yiri Maxamed Dheere.

Waa maalintii saddexaad ee howlgallo lagu sugayo ammaanka Muqdisho ay ciidammada Booliiska iyo kuwa Ethiopian-ku ka fulinayaan caasimadda Soomaaliya ee Muqdisho, waxaana howlgalladaan agu soo qabqabtay hub fara badan oo saxaafadda qaarkood loo soo bandhigay.

Maanta ayaa waxaa xabsiga loo tabaaxay Madaxa Shirkadda AMAL ee Koonfurta Soomaaliya C/wali Muuse Maxamuud oo ay ciidammo ka tirsan kuwa Dowladda ka wadeen xarunta Shirkaddaas ee Muqd

From Dayniile.com

Dadkan saakana la xiray ee haddana la sii daayey ayaa waxaa ka mid ah
Dr. Maxamed Max’uud Culusow, mid ka mid ah agaasimeyaasha Idaacada Hornafrik ee magaalada Muqdisho Cali Iimaan Sharmaarke, ganacsade Maxamed Cabdulle Deylaaf
:eek: iyo rag kale, Waxaa mar arintaasi uu ka hadlayey Dr. Culusow u sheegay in si xun loola dhaqmay, lana geeyey xarunta madaxtooyada Villa Somalia, wuxuuna tilmaamay in saacado ka dib la sii daayey oo isla markaana hadda ay bed qabaan

Allpuntland.com adds

Ciidamada Booliska Soomaaliya oo maanta galay guryo looga shakisanaa in laga soo abaabulo qaraxyadii ka dhacayay Magaalada Muqdisho ayaa waxa ay ka soo saareen hubab kala duwan,waxaana lasheegay in guryo kuyaala Isgoyska Blac Sea laga soo qabtay hubab culculus ,kuwaas oo lasheegay in ay yihiin hubkii kooxihii Ciidamada dawlada kula dagaalamay Muqdisho bilihii April iyo March.

Hawlgaladii maanta waxaa sidoo kale lugu galay guryo ay leeyihiin dad laga yaqaano magaalada Muqdisho oo uu ka mid yahay Maxamed Maxamuud Culusow oo ciidamada dawlada Soomaaliya ay gurigiisa ka soo qabteen hub yiilay.

Ciidamada dawladu waxa ay sidoo kale xireen ninkaasi iyo koox guriga kula jiray,waxaana lasiidaayay maanta duhurnimadii ka dib markii ay ciidamada dawladu geeyeen xarunta nabad sugida.

Baaritaanadan oo ey ka socdaan maanta nawaaxiga suuqa Bakaaraha sida Black Sea, jidka sodonka, Baar Ubax iyo gudaha Suuqa Bakaaraha waxaana irdaha loo laabay dhamaan goobihii ganacsiga ee suuqa mana jiraan dad loo ogol yahay in ey gudaha usoo galaan goobahan.

Baaritaanadan maanta ayaa waxa ey sheegayaan warar horudhac ah in hub laga soo qabqabtay goobahan qaarkood, waxaana wararku ey intaas ku darayaan in howlgalkan maanta uu socon doono ilaa caawa maqribadii.

Waa maalintii sedexaad oo ey baaritaanadan socdaan laguna soo qabqabanayo hub iyo rag lagu tuhun sanyahay fowdada caasimadda, waxaana howlgalkan si wada jir ah u fulinaya maamulka G/Banaadir iyo ciidamada boliska Somaliyeed oo kaashanaya ciidamada Itobia.

Its a message to everyone do not break the law. You will be touched. Many of these menw ere realised after questioning and weapons were found in their locations.

Rahima   

Maanta ayaa waxaa xabsiga loo tabaaxay Madaxa Shirkadda AMAL ee Koonfurta Soomaaliya C/wali Muuse Maxamuud oo ay ciidammo ka tirsan kuwa Dowladda ka wadeen xarunta Shirkaddaas ee Muqd

C/weli Muuse happens to be my uncle, as in his children and I are first cousins.

Just so that you know Duke, he is a man with integrity and pride for his religion and land. That is all it takes to be arrested. As a family, we weren’t surprised when the call came through- all you have to do to be arrested is to be God conscious and oppose the occupation of your country.

Mate you sit around here supporting a man who will forever be remembered as the leader who allowed the kufaar to murder and plunder his people and land. That is for you to live with, laakiin it is not befitting of a man such as yourself who supports such a warmonger (and hence shares the blame) to comment (forget judge) men who have backbones. You have absolutely no idea what goes on so I suggest in aad iska aamustid.

The TFG tried to solicit the support of my uncles folks (they are influential amongst their clan but oppose the occupation), when they refused to support the destruction of their homeland, their arrest warrant was sent- unfortunately because only this uncle was left in Xamar, he was arrested. And also, they’ve told him to hand over considerable amounts of cash for his release- what a great government, such standards, so law-abiding. They’ll definitely go far. Duke, like I said, aamuus, some of us actually know what’s happening other than what comes out from the media outlets or is heard on the grapevines.

May he be realsed soon, aamiin. And may he repay them for their hospitality.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by President Anwar:

Tell me DUKE IS THIS GOOD NEWS??

I DONT THINK SOO :mad:

loool...I think Duke needs a help here he doesn't even read his cut and paste stuff but just halkaan buu ku soo xooraa...Duke a bit of advice...lol...you need to select the good news not midka TFG dhulka la gelaya sida dadka la xirxirayo...runtii kuwa HornAfrik leh iyo Culusoow xarigoodu wareer maba igu hayeen waayo iyagaaba Meles iyo Yey daba ordaya baga ayey ku tahay laakiin aan kuu saxee nimanka lama xirin ee waa la baaray oo keliya!

This is the way governtments works. You try to be cocky and dont get in line with the rules and you'll get sacked. Oil magnate Khodorkovsky was among the richest in the world and the richest in Russia, now his in jail since he was challenging Putin. Now if Amal thinks they control the city just because they control a certain amount of the inflow of money, they made a grave miscalculation. I wouldnt be surprised if the whole company got out of business. There are plenty of money transfer companies that dont trouble the TFG which can replace Amal.

me   

It is a message indeed, but what kind of message?

This 'government' is corrupt, it works for our enemy and now its trying to destroy the Somali business community. This is not good news. I hope that those business men help the resistance with their money and expertise. The TFG are parasites.

Gekko - I thought you was for free trade? whats up now? Don't you know that these actions will destroy Somalia's economy. Who will invest in the country now if the business community is treated that way?

^^ I'm not a pot smoking libartarian hippie. I believe that Somalia should have free-zones and low corporate taxes but I also support regulations of certain markets such as telecom, in order to have a balanced competition in the society and to enable companies to sell functional services.

Being for free trade however doesnt have to make one naïve and inapt of configuring ones business into its local environment (if the managers wants this business to survive).

Businesses worldwide continually analyze the geopolitical factors that affect their activity and adjust them accordingly in order to prevent their shops from being closed. For case examples, look at Google in China, or ISPs in UAE. Looks to me some somali companies havent done their homework. This is just the beta-version of a fully functional government though, so the overall industry still got some time to steer away from anarcho-capitalism.

It has to be noted that these actions primarily are for deterrent purposes; the TFG want to flex the muscles of the governmental duties its posesses in order to claim back the authority of the central government.

The recent actions will make companies more aware of this newly gained influence of the TFG authorities and initially, lead to less waste of tax revenues from the business community (as more companies will be obedient and pay). This is the aim purpose of the actual actions that were described in this thread. The negative effects of this are that it will shut down close companies or family owned "one-man firm" businesses as they wont be able to pay taxes and meet their margins. Companies that are dependent on the Mogadishu Port are also more exposed to similar bankruptcy, shut-downs. Only the most financally strong or creative business will survive.

Its evident that the TFG isnt like your usual political administration, introducing labor market stimulating or enterprise friendly programs, but then again, its only living up to its name which is - transitional - .

Nevertheless, these incrementally imposed measures and regulations of the TFG towards the business community remain a crucial foundation for the long-term prosperity of the Somali economy. The state of the market can always be taken care of by introducing action plan programs but before one can walk you'll have to learn how to crawl. The TFG is only focusing on setting the rules for the players. It is for the next administration to start the game.

Biixi   

It is about time that the TGF realized what needs to be done.

Suicide and other attacks(IDF) etc take a lot of time, motivation,...and money. Mogadishu's business men fund these suicide attacks -- the cars, the actual weapons used and so on. News outlets in Mogadishu provided the greatest propaganda to the ICU and they still provide the same motivation to the ICU's new tactics.

So wixii sharciga jabiyo ha la xiro regardless of waxeey yihiin.

This is ridiculous. There were no suicide bombings or improvised explosives (IEs) before Ethiopia invaded (last summer). So how can the disease bearers now turn around and claim to be the healers. Truly the world must be turned on it's head for the perprs to claim victim status.