Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Somali president arrives in Uganda

Somali president arrives

1099592569somali.jpg

WELCOME: Abdullahi is received by Bukenya at Entebbe

BY Enock Kakande

THE President of the United Republic of Somalia, Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, arrived yesterday on a two-day state visit.

He flew in on Kenya Airways and landed at Entebbe Airport at 3:40pm. He was received by a government entourage led by Vice-President Prof. Gilbert Bukenya.

Ministers Kirunda Kivejinja, Nshimye Sebuturo and Uganda’s ambassador to Kenya Brig. Matayo Kyaligonza were also present.

Abdullahi received a 21-gun salute and inspected a UPDF guard of honour.

Officials of the Somali community living in Uganda led by a Kampala businessman, Umar Ahmed Mandella, jubilated as their new president walked on the airport tarmac.

He hugged and shook hands with them before he was driven to Kampala.

Abdullahi will hold bilateral talks with his counterpart, Yoweri Museveni and several government officials on ways to strengthen political, social and economic links between the two countries, Bukenya’s press secretary Simon Kaheru said.

Abdullahi, elected last month, is the first president of Somalia after 14 years of no central government in the Horn of Africa. He was sworn-in last month in Nairobi, Kenya.

Published on: Friday, 5th November, 2004

Source: Newsvision

Article: New president says "one year" to stabilise Somalia

hmm! excuse! mr c/y, can i ask u q's sir? when u going to somalia? he dont know what i am talking about!!! u go figure!! :confused:

r u our president sir? he still clueless looking around when i asked him that q's?? :eek: hes smiling now looking at me from his limo windows and giving me the middle finger!! same to u sir!! :mad:

OG_Girl   

^^ :D:D @rudy.

I agree with you . Woyo lmereisanyaa :mad: . He needs some one tells him to go back home.

PS: I decided to practice my somali in Politics section cause people here more serious and don't make fun of me smile.gif

Salam

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by somalia-boqor:

For now the prsendent could have my name the Somalia-boqor beacuse he is the prsendent

shouldnt it be Emperor sxb..?

Og girl my dear princess your Somali language is getting there, but if I were you I wont worry cause it is a language spoken by only 7 million people, and half of them have dual citizen ship nowdays hence the language is loosing its use.

On the other hand you being the decendant of one of the greatest Somali poets who made rich and meaningful the language through his poems in different occassion, then you are obliged to be setting the standards rathering than lagging behind.

The president in Entebbe...damn....am still waiting for him to come to Yobson.

nuune   

^^^^ 7 million aa war maxaad noo yareyn wey ka badanyihiin waxa afka ku hadla intaasee, hana cirib-tirin sxb Ilaah baa badshee waxa luqadda ku hadlo 20ka malyuun kor bey u dhaafayaanee hadaysanba aheyn ugu yaraan 15 malyuun.

Rahima   

I agree with you . Woyo lmereisanyaa . He needs some one tells him to go back home.

He is building up his support base :D .