Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

So, you want to study Islam...

Blessed   

Haye, I see your nods.

I wanted to share news of two new ventures that allow you to study Islam from the comfort of your home / office and in your own time.

1. The Islam Online University has been started by Abu Ameenah, Bilal Phillibs and is currently offering free short courses and you can also get a degree in Islamic studies. It’s fantastic, if you’re interested in learning the fundamentals of Islam based on the Quraan and Sunnah.

2. The DiscoverU project is a branch of the famously sophisticated AlMahghrib institute and Sheikh Muhammed Shareef has finally gave in to the request of those of us that cannot attend North American seminars by introducing the Saturday Night Live events. Learn more.

So, you want to study Islam. Well now you have one less obstacle. Go on; knock yourself out with some ilm.

I like the arabic saying,

Bil cilmi wal maali yabni alnasu mulkahum

lam yabni al mulku bil jahali wal aqlaali

rough transaltion;

With Knowledge and wealth people build their perstige, Perstige is not built by ignorance and chains with padlocks.

Good opporunity. and thanks sis!

Baashi   

Busy with adduunyo all the time. Excuses are plenty and I tell myself that I can't be bothered to do this for I gotta family to feed. One of these days one of these days Insha'Allah.

hodman   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Busy with adduunyo all the time. Excuses are plenty and I tell myself that I can't be bothered to do this for I gotta family to feed. One of these days one of these days Insha'Allah.

Today is one of those days brother IA for who knows if tomorrow will come?

Ms DD   

Salaam

The DiscoverU project is quite expensive. it appears to be life-style coaching for personal development. But Inshallah I will check the Islamonline university. I really couldnt find anywhere to go to learn the Quran in the UK.

Blessed   

^There's a sister that teaches at home, she's quiet good, my freind's been studying with her for a few years now. Are you interested in that sort of thing?

I know some websites where they do Quraan memorisation and tajweed, but I prefer the face-to-face, so your mistakes are corrected straight away. Let me know, if you're interested on either or both and I'll get the contact no. or links for you.

Wa iyaakum @ the rest. Anyone signed up with the Foundations of Islam course with the IOU? I've registered but will start when I go back home [Dubai] i'a

Ms DD   

Salaam sis Zeno

I am definately interested in Quran memorisation program in London. I have been looking for this for over 4months. So please get me the details. Kheyr Allah ha ku siiyee.

Haneefah   

Assalamu Alaikum darling Zenobia, how are ya? (can I just call you Zanuba? ;) ).

So lovely of you to share these websites, barakallah fiik. Have you been participating in the discoverU sessions? How do you like them? They've become quite popular in the Toronto area, which I personally no longer have the pleasure of residing in. I miss Almaghrib classes :( .

If I may add one site too, it's called Internet Islamic University. Another huge benefit of the online world alxamdulilah, the faculty of this university is quite impressive masha'allah, very international and some of my favourite scholars are among them. They offer various designations from certificates to degrees.

Insha'Allah it'll be of benefit to some.

May Allah keep the doors of knowledge open for us. Ameen.

Blessed   

Wa Alaikum Assalaam warahmah malab. I'm all dhag, dhag and excited about Ramadan. smile.gif

How are you in that little place?

I've participated one of the earlier events and it was pretty good but I'm waiting till get home before I start any courses. I'A

The IIU looks good too. There's also the American Islamic University (AOU) which offers distance learning courses and it's affiliated with Al-Azhar university.

May Allah keep the doors of knowledge open for us. Ameen.

Ameen. smile.gif